[BUG] Ballistae splash damage

• What is the issue:
    Splash damage from a ballista makes no sense and if you say it does: The player doesn’t notice splash damage from the ballistae because there is no flinch, red screen or pain sound.

Full details on reproducing this issue:
    Player A shoots on the ground next to player B.

Videos and/or screenshots:

Other comments:
    It’s annoying because you run into a fight and suddenly you notice you have only 50% hp because some ballista shot behind you on the ground. There should be a pain sound or splash damage removed completely.

• I do notice that your screen suddenly gets red around the edges (but that’s normal for having damage done) and the giant explosion sound from the shot might be considered as an indicator but apart from that, there is no indication.

Maybe add a stagger/slow down effect similar to when you’re hit by a projectile. Would make sense when a 3 foot bolt shatters right next to you.

• Yeah I always thought this was pretty weird.
    Why does this even happen? Exploding ballistic bolts?

• @DokB:

I do notice that your screen suddenly gets red around the edges (but that’s normal for having damage done) and the giant explosion sound from the shot

The screen only gets red when you are below a certain hp value. And I think the sound is bugged as well, you don’t hear it everytime.

• This is a very good point. Ballista splash damage was added some time after release, I suppose this was just overlooked. Noted.