Few balance ideas

• Im going to be pretty straight forward.

Here are two ideas how to bring more variety and balance into fights:
    1. dragging and acceleration - consumes more stamina based on distance dragged/accelerated
    update:
    And how about checking time elapsed from start of attack, and each 0.x(for example 0.3s) seconds of weapon in air without hit, draining constant amount of stamina(if stamina drops to 0 attack stops or lands reduced dmg).

2. instant hits - earlier(animation frame) you hit less dmg caused

• 1: I don’t think leaning backward/forward should drain stamina, it’d be a pain to hold the camera steady to the center all the time.
    2:“instant hits” still got the same windup, the difference is that you drag in the direction of the opponent, meaning that the attack hits earlier because it starts closer to the opponent. Lookdown overheads is an example, or turning slightly to a side during a slash. This is also dragging, aka the number 1 thing you mentioned. Although I guess you could deal less damage at the start of the release I think it’d be more unbalanced than balanced.

• More crying about dragging. People won’t be satisfied until there’s a lock-on feature that activates when close to someone that you can’t deactivate until you kill them, which will be impossible as soon as someone comes along who knows how to block direct strikes.

So sad.

• @Xylvion:

1: I don’t think leaning backward/forward should drain stamina, it’d be a pain to hold the camera steady to the center all the time.

And how about checking time elapsed from start of attack, and each 0.x(for example 0.3s) seconds of weapon in air without hit, draining constant amount of stamina(if stamina drops to 0 attack stops or lands reduced dmg).

@Xylvion:

2:“instant hits” still got the same windup, the difference is that you drag in the direction of the opponent, meaning that the attack hits earlier because it starts closer to the opponent. Lookdown overheads is an example, or turning slightly to a side during a slash. This is also dragging, aka the number 1 thing you mentioned. Although I guess you could deal less damage at the start of the release I think it’d be more unbalanced than balanced.

Lookdown doesn’t feel that bad, but how about turn back overhead?

• @Daiyuki:

More crying about dragging. People won’t be satisfied until there’s a lock-on feature that activates when close to someone that you can’t deactivate until you kill them, which will be impossible as soon as someone comes along who knows how to block direct strikes.

So sad.

Maaaan… For real?
    It isn’t crying it’s idea how to enhance it. Idea of sucking same amount of stamina while slashing with weapon for 1s and slashing it for 2s is weird

• And you know what a nerf to dragging would do?

Make everyone feint again.

So what’ll it be do you want everyone to use drags on you or feints?

• @lemonater47:

And you know what a nerf to dragging would do?

Feint costs stamina, right?
    Drag costs nothing… That’s all

• dragging is part of the game so get used to it, and the game is advertised as a real strike combat system, so if i wanna speed up or slow down my swing you need to learn how to defend against it, very simpl

and the current stamina drains are a joke right now and totaly ruin any kinda of fluidity or length of combat we can have now so your idea would literally kill the game more then torn banner has done by themselves my friend.

• @Husenica:

Lookdown doesn’t feel that bad, but how about turn back overhead?

1: so if you don’t drag, like most noobs and still manage to hit someones foot you’ll lose almost as much stamina as if you’d miss? I think that’d be quite unbalanced and stamina would be drained way to fast.
    2: do you mean with teh back turned? I got nothing against them myself, they are a valid tactic to throw the opponent off guard, besides you need to have your back tunred towards the enemy while performing it.

@Everyone else: He’s not crying about it like most people are, he just thought of a way to balance it, although I myself think it’s impractical and just makes it even harder in a round of TO than it is now.

• No need to balance it. There’s nothing wrong with dragging so there’s no need to nerf it.

• exactly, and could you imagine how broken the game would be if they even touched that, we dont want this even touched!

• @Husenica:

@lemonater47:

And you know what a nerf to dragging would do?

Feint costs stamina, right?
    Drag costs nothing… That’s all

Drags are easier to block.
    Drags actually take some degree of skill to pull off successfully.

And god damn. Why do people say broke instead of broken. Broke in that context literally came from English second language people or illiterates.

• why are you raging on a forum on the internet about someones spelling?

and no 1 said broke anyway.

• Yes, yes! Nerf everything that can be done to get around a parry!
    Warning, this was sarcasm