[CHIV] Flinch during release, flinch during release.

• Please, if there are any plans of further fixing bugs, this would be at the top of my list… i think i would be so much happier and i promise to shut up for a while if you guys look into this one, it’s the most annoying thing ever.

i can literally be 3/4 through the release of my swing and get flinched at that time, that’s absolute nonsense. every faster weapon class can pretty much seemingly flinch at any time they want even if your sword, axe, maul, etc is touching their noggin… “NOPE stop right there i’m flinching you take it back.”

this causes the most frustration, flinch in general is bad and there’s a new bug where you can get parried and continue to combo, but aside form that… flinch during release is by far the worst thing. I don’t care if my swings go through people or theirs go through me… i’d rather just flinch during release be fixed and i’ll shut up for a while… promise.

Please, pretty please with sprinkles on top.

• +1
    Also, I like sprinkles.

• @clayton-bigsby:

Please, if there are any plans of further fixing bugs, this would be at the top of my list… i think i would be so much happier and i promise to shut up for a while if you guys look into this one, it’s the most annoying thing ever.

i can literally be 3/4 through the release of my swing and get flinched at that time, that’s absolute nonsense. every faster weapon class can pretty much seemingly flinch at any time they want even if your sword, axe, maul, etc is touching their noggin… “NOPE stop right there i’m flinching you take it back.”

this causes the most frustration, flinch in general is bad and there’s a new bug where you can get parried and continue to combo, but aside form that… flinch during release is by far the worst thing. I don’t care if my swings go through people or theirs go through me… i’d rather just flinch during release be fixed and i’ll shut up for a while… promise.

Please, pretty please with sprinkles on top.

Yeah it’s so annoying! This bug buffs all faster weapons even more. Now they just need to lmb spam, because they will flinch you in ANY state of release. It’s stupid!

• This only happens to me with the greatsword or I’m up against a laggy player.

• Ive brought this up a few times, its been around for the last 2 patchs. It has nothing to do with lag ive posted videos of it happening in offline mode against the bots. It can happen with any weapon but its just far more apparent with slower release weapons. This bug is the sole reason i have had a 2 week break, nothing is more infuriating than fighting an maa as knight and all you need is one hittrade, then he proceeds to flinch your release 4 times in a row then shit talk you.

• @dotamachine:

Ive brought this up a few times, its been around for the last 2 patchs. It has nothing to do with lag ive posted videos of it happening in offline mode against the bots. It can happen with any weapon but its just far more apparent with slower release weapons. This bug is the sole reason i have had a 2 week break, nothing is more infuriating than fighting an maa as knight and all you need is one hittrade, then he proceeds to flinch your release 4 times in a row then shit talk you.

this so bad, it’s rough playing knight against maa or even archers nowadays. i’ve even taken the fastest weapon hws, or even the norse with kite and spammed overheads… it works but he’ll flinch you with a broadsword poke easily even with your fastest weapon. I like to main longsword so that’s even more infuriating. Then when you get into group fights, sometimes you gotta throw an lmb in there, halfway through the release someone flinches you while you should get about 2-3 people with that lmb. Then, i love using the maul and yes it’s slow… but when i time a perfect overhead, and it’s coming down on someone’s head and i get flinched 3/4 into the swing where it’s touching their head… my god.

but really, i haven’t noticed any weapon specifics, it can happen with any weapon… and even lowest latency, i’ve played in games where everyone seems to be below 60-70 ping and it has seemingly nothing to do with lag or the weapon… it’s just flinch man and when it can happen. No idea what caused flinch to happen so late into a release, maybe release times were changed but the flinch wasn’t? i don’t know.

• We have no info on when, why or how this happens. Is it with a particular type of swing? Is it being hit by a particular type of swing? Does it happen after a feint, or after a combo, or when you’re low on stamina, or anything like that? Any kind of recognizable pattern whatsoever? There have been reports of this, obviously, but with how frequently it seems to be happening you’d think someone would’ve noticed some constant factor.

• @SlyGoat:

We have no info on when, why or how this happens. Is it with a particular type of swing? Is it being hit by a particular type of swing? Does it happen after a feint, or after a combo, or when you’re low on stamina, or anything like that? Any kind of recognizable pattern whatsoever? There have been reports of this, obviously, but with how frequently it seems to be happening you’d think someone would’ve noticed some constant factor.

It can be with any type of swing, noticed mostly with slashes and overheads by me but literally any swing.

Typically it’s being hit by pokes but honestly there’s no constant there either, it can be someone behind you hitting you while you’re mid swing on someone else, can be overhead, can be lmb… whatever.

Stamina has no effect on whether it happens, i’ve had full stamina, half, almost none… as long as i can swing, i can get flinched during the release.

Not even really class based, i’ve been flinched in release with really fast weapons like maa with norse sword (if you can even believe that) or knight with norse overheads) I’ve been flinched with big vanguard swords like greatsword or zwei, spear thrusts, brandi. I’ve mainly been flinched this way as a knight only because that’s my main class, VERY prevalent with the maul since it’s pretty slow… but even a long lmb drag like 1/2 way or 3/4 in when you’re about to hit something you can get flinched. Overheads like i’ve said have been right on someone’s head or even past and entering their body when i get flinched.

Also as you can see it’s not really weapon related either as it can happen with any weapon.

I’d have to say that the thing i get flinched in release by MOST are pokes from fast 1handed weapons… but again, it can really happen with any weapon as far as i know.

I’m guessing whoever is in charge of writing the flinch code allowed it to flinch during windup. Where it says if in windup > flinch… if in release > don’t flinch… he missed that 2nd part lol. I know it’s more complicated than that but… that’s basically what’s happening, the game is allowing you to be flinched in release.

• Well, if you were ALWAYS flinching in release, obviously it’d be very easy to fix. But I know for a fact that isn’t the case.

• its not always but its pretty frequent id say most people dotn even notice it happening because they dont know the mechanics well enough. Couldnt 2 of you devs just go in a ffa put team damage on 0% fight each other with tracers on till you see it happen then check the code or what ever it is you do and see what happened?

• i’m not ALWAYS flinching in release, but i’d say the percentages are skewed toward the more flinch during release than not flinching in release.

i’d say it’s about 75% vs 25% flinch during release vs. not flinching in release.

The other thing i can sometimes say is that a lot of the time where i DONT get flinched during release, my attack animation will continue to play but there will be no damage output on the swing…. so if i were to get hit mid swing, it’s like I flinch and still play the animation… but i’d rather just stick with my first response and say that it just happens a crap load. I have to work like the next 3 days but i’ll try and record some footage and take out clips of every time it happens and i’ll do it with different weapons as well.

• Please do get some footage.

The Dane Axe is the weapon I often notice that gets flinched when it obviously is in release. It is almost always to do by getting interrupted by a sabre stab too. I can’t at this point agree with you that it is a bug, because in Aus the average ping is between 40-110 (nearing the higher end), so I always just blame it on lag and bad luck.
    But you should most certainly try it and see how obvious it is for you. Good luck :D

• yeah i will.

It happens even with fast weapons and a lot of the time you can REALLY tell, like you’re swing is 1/2 or 3/4 of the way through like i said before the flinch. Sometimes your weapon is inside your opponent already.

I’d agree that it’s usually a poke that flinches most of the time, but i wouldn’t go as far as saying always yet.

I’ll try and get as much footage as i can and compile all the times it happens, and then slow mo it.

• This happens to me so often with the zwei. There’s no rhyme or reason to it. Just like half the time I get flinched well into release (like, on a dragged attack), or just randomly flinched when it should have been an easy hit trade. Fury.

• ok so it’s uploading now, only spent about 10 minutes in duel because i have to go to work tonight, so stand by. Got 2 of them in the beginning of release, and one about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through. Stay tuned!

• [youtubehd:tgwj5qvg]OD6R-5Q4D5Y[/youtubehd:tgwj5qvg]

in the mean time, this is a video moose made, and it shows attacking during flinch and how it happens… and this still happens in game, although probably more rare than before… however it’s probably because people don’t know they can do it.

• Has anyone else also seen the opposite happening? Aka no flinch in windup? I’m not good at pin pointing something like that down, but I had situations when I was fairly sure they would flinch but nope.

• @clayton-bigsby:

[youtubehd:3ivla0av]OD6R-5Q4D5Y[/youtubehd:3ivla0av]

in the mean time, this is a video moose made, and it shows attacking during flinch and how it happens… and this still happens in game, although probably more rare than before… however it’s probably because people don’t know they can do it.

This doesn’t show attacking during flinch. This shows some states where flinch did not apply. This was fixed in Patch 2.

• [youtubehd:345fjrj9]7x-bKTCmFbU[/youtubehd:345fjrj9]

btw sly, that video wasn’t about the flinch during release, but that was not fixed… you can still attack during flinch as before in certain occasions.

But either way, check out my vid, granted this was only about 10-15 minutes worth and it happened 3 times. My recording software is totally killing my fps right now and idk why, but we just had another frinedly scrim where it happened like one time per round…

so flinch during release exists. watch that vid, that’s just a SMALL sample from 10-15 minutes mind you.

ill get more footage when i have time.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZo8W6XsgkM&t=6s
    ^
    (flinch during release after combo)
    i put the time at about 6 seconds, i just realized that i had a clip of flinch during release again in this already made video. If you notice this time, i overhead the vanguard, then i turn to poke the one behind me, totally in full release and my attack gets stopped by a slash, this shows it’s not just maa pokes that stop attacks, i believe that was a greatsword slash that hit me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZo8W6XsgkM&t=3m04s
    ^
    swing through parry here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZo8W6XsgkM&t=5m01s
    ^
    (out of range attack, backpedaling and backdodge, but you have a ghost where you were and not currently are)
    look where that poke hit me from, i’m not even there anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZo8W6XsgkM&t=5m12s
    ^
    (inconsistent charge attack distance)
    superman guard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZo8W6XsgkM&t=7m01s
    ^
    not sure if this is flinch during release, but damn sure looks like it should hit trade to me, freeze framed at about 7m02s and my poke is going forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZo8W6XsgkM&t=7m22s
    ^
    (flinch)
    another questionable one, not sure if this should count as one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZo8W6XsgkM&t=8m05s
    ^
    last but not least, parried from the rear, not only that but he’s mid slash when it happens, and my sword is not going through him to the front parry box.

so Sly, this was just one of my videos i recorded a bit ago, but def post “the big patch”… and crap like this has been going on… yes there were 2 questionable flinch during releases, the first one i linked is like dead obvious, the other two you have to freeze frame, vanguard overhead against maa was going forward, the vanguard poke was going forward, etc etc.

anyways, hope this helps, i’ll try and get more recent footage if i can, i also linked the above link in my previous post from 10-15 minutes of testing today, it only took 10-15 minutes to get 3 examples of it with tracers.