Spartan Controls

• The spear throw might need to be bound to a separate weapon slot, like the old AoC javelineer. I appreciate the effort to make it more intuitive with consideration to the Spartans wider attack repertoire over ordinary javelineers, but it’s too inconsistent. If I initiate a stab before my shield is completely lowered, it triggers the throwing attack. The effect is even worse on high latency servers, where merely doubling clicking the “throwing attack” button can accidentally trigger it.

I’m sure the controls will be tightened across the board before release, but if it’s for some reason impossible then I have no problem with you guys binding the spartan throw attack to the ‘2’ key or whatever.

• What’s wrong with your mouse?

“Even on worse on high latency servers”. Yep that makes sense for something that’s completely clientside lol.

• What? Quit clicking your mouse as you roll it then.

• I should clarify. I have ‘throw attack’ bound to left-mouse-button along with the underhand stab attack, causing the commands to get muddled up.

@lemonater47:

“Even on worse on high latency servers”. Yep that makes sense for something that’s completely clientside lol.

The effect is worse. Try to quote someone correctly and do a little more research before you demean their argument. A cyber eye-roll isn’t the least bit productive in helping me solve this.

• Okay, trying to clear up the confusion.

I like to bind tertiary attack (stab) to middle mouse button, which a number of people I play with also like to do. So when I saw that conflicted with the default ‘throw attack’ binding, I rebound it to LMB. Which somehow turned it onto a context sensitive command, where pressing LMB with my shield raised triggers the throwing attack. I thought that may have been deliberate, but now I realise ‘throw attack’ was bound to a different button by default.

It seemed so intuitive I thought it was intentional on the developers part. Any chance it could be looked into and tightened up? Otherwise I’ll just bind ‘throw attack’ to mouse roll forward and hope for the best.

Anyone else here stab with MMB?

• i just bound by throw button to 5, easy to reach and never accidental
    just rebind it somewhere else

• @Strudel:

[…] I rebound it to LMB. […] pressing LMB with my shield raised triggers the throwing attack. […]

I’m not seeing a problem. Your keybind works and you’re pressing it when you don’t want to throw. Change your keybinds.

• I had middle mouse keybound to kick (F) in vanilla chiv but had to change it for DW.