Personal wishlist about random stuff

• heres some things that i think would be cool to add to the game:

1. bring back the extra stats on the scoreboard like in CMW
    2. let us able to fight with shield and fist
    3. able to drop shield as spartan for secondarys
    4. maybe make “help” call make a small marker above someones head that he needs help
    5. some kind of config menu for each class for individual key bindings (example: you love the alt overhead on viking and want to use it on mousewheel as your “Primary overhead”, but when you switch to samurai, dont want to switch it all the time in the options)
    6. bring back kick jump and increased stamina regen on crouch
    7. bring back sword of war, how dare you miss this :D
    8. The higher your rank is the more “torn up” your character looks (i.e. Scars on spartan, scratches in shield etc)

anyway just some things i have been thinking off… not really important but would be a nice addition in my oppinion

also loving DW so far, huge improvement with the recent update!

• Shield and fist seems like an odd mix to me.

The idea of the “help” call, making some marker could totally work so long as it can be disabled by pressing “g” or something.

Petition for kick jump! :cheers:
    I’m sure it will come back…

• @King:

Shield and fist seems like an odd mix to me.

The idea of the “help” call, making some marker could totally work so long as it can be disabled by pressing “g” or something.

Yeah that shield fist thing was kinda random :D

yeah totally with g you should be able to disable it like the other interface stuff :D

• Yes 6. Please

• 1, 3, and 6 all yes. I think 8 could be a cool customisation option, and you unlock more and different types of scarring and wounds as you rank up? Obviously this is something that would be purely for flavour and very low down on the priority list.

• Generally I like giving players more options, however I feel that if you allow Spartans to drop their shields you would be loosing something very iconic about them. I suppose the thing is to make it more attractive to hold onto the shield than to drop it.

I would hate to see something like current Chivalry where almost everyone who users a shield only uses it under archer fire and then puts it on their back as soon as they enter combat.

• 4, 6, 8. Do it. Please.

• All of the except 4 and the second part of 6 would be good additions.

Though how are you gonna get 8 to work?

• I feel like none of these would be very game-breaking or have a negative effect, and half of them I’ve wanted for a while. A help sign would have to be limited to nearby players, in my opinion, or it would only apply to players that also have low health, as it seems to be a habit of players to randomly cry for help.

I used to have 10-minute-long horseback shield-fist fights in Mount & Blade Warband with friends. I would love to do something similar to that in DW, only as hysterical Spartans or vikings.

• I love the idea of an individual keybind config menu for each class, please add. I’ve thought about it many times in Chivalry. For certain one-handers I much prefer the alt overhead, but for my primary two-hander I like the normal overhead.

• @?:

I love the idea of an individual keybind config menu for each class, please add. I’ve thought about it many times in Chivalry. For certain one-handers I much prefer the alt overhead, but for my primary two-hander I like the normal overhead.

This! so much… PLEASE TBS alot of comp players have this problem and im sure normal players who prefer some animations too…

it doesnt have to be a menu it can just be a .ini file for each class or something like that 8-)

• love the alt keybinds idea.

the kick jump i do want back, but with the spartan kick being so strong ( i think )

that big ass hole on the spartan map… LOL

help marker is cool idea too, i do use the help voice sometimes but ppl think i’m just spamming it for no reason lmao.

also, can we get some working voice this time? :D

ooh and crouch jump!

• You bring up an interesting idea with your fourth point. As we already have markers over friendly heads, it would be interesting if the voice commands you used changed the icon above your head for 15 seconds or so. For example, “defend this position!” would change the icon to a shield, “help!” would change the icon to a red cross or something.

Would give players an effective way to communicate with allies and see where it would be useful to reinforce.

• That would actually be very useful.

• Well you can usually tell who’s asking for help.

Though its annoying when people spam help. You said it once already you dot need to say it ten more times. I might just help by LMB spamming in your general direction.