Samurai Swords Parry vs Stab

• I don’t know if its just my poor judgement of animations, but I’m finding myself attempting to block the parries of samurai swords thinking that they’re stabs constantly. This seems most noticeable with the Wakizashi and least so with the Nodachi; the stab animation looks very similar. I had a similar problem with the brandistock in C:MW, only more so in that case. The stab is fairly distinct from the parry with most other classes.

Has anyone else sensed this, or is it just me being lame since I haven’t yet gotten used to it?

• Nope. A parry looks like a parry to me.

• I noticed a bit of this while fighting against the Ninja’s sword (not familiar with the name of it quite yet), though I don’t recall having any difficulty deciding if a samurai weapon was stabbing or blocking. I’ll look for it next time I’m on though.

• @hawkwing:

I noticed a bit of this while fighting against the Ninja’s sword (not familiar with the name of it quite yet), though I don’t recall having any difficulty deciding if a samurai weapon was stabbing or blocking. I’ll look for it next time I’m on though.

Agreed. Alt slash with that ninja sword looks about the same as the stab.

• just learn the animations
    and there’s a pretty big difference between ninjato alt slash and stab, just look at the sword and not the arms

you block both attacks the same way anyway