Worst Injuries You've Ever Had

• Well, I saw user’s thread, I thought it was interesting so I made this one. For me it’s three injuries…

1. Car was T-boned by a street sweeper running stop sign (which weighs like 17,000 pounds empty), everything hurt, my head hurt the worst :? .
    2. Injury playing football in hs (american), collapsed lung (2 holes in left lung). Had surgery July 2010. Part of top of left lung removed; part of bottom left lung removed.
    3. I was 10 and I was racing this kid down a huge hill on my bike, the last thing I remember was flipping over the handle bars. The skin on the bottom of my arms was completely gone; as well as my chest and chin. I was in bandages for what seemed like forever xD

But you know what? I don’t have terminal cancer. So I can’t bitch.

• Mod

I’ve suffered a bunch of injuries in my short life so far… worst one of them I could say is the heartache of being dumped by the love of your life… But if were talking about physical pain then I would have to say that would be vertebrae strain from large load carrying (Military combat vets could relate, i think.)

Runner up for me is cold sores… since I continuously suffer from them almost all year round.

• @User:

…worst one of them I could say is the heartache of being dumped by the love of your life…

I feel yuh. And I’m not someone that has an easy time moving on :(

@User:

Runner up for me is cold sores… since I continuously suffer from them almost all year round.

I used to get nagging cold sores, for some reason I rarely get them now. :D

• Mod

Mental Stress and fatigue are one of the major reasons for cold sores.
    Also some components in toothpaste.

If you have not used antibacterial acid fluid then you haven’t really been plagued by cold sores :P At least I think that would set the bar from Competitive Cold Sore subjects and Casual Cold Sore subjects.

• Antibacterial acid fluid exploiters.

• Mod

you mad?

• Well, yeah, except for heartache… I have a few, but none are really that bad of an injury. Just normal stuff you get as a kid.

1. As a small kid, playing with older sister, she was to throw me onto the bed. She throw me into the bed instead. Got a nice inch-long scar on the lower part of my chin.
    2. As a small kid, playing on a playground, climbing some form of net. Misplaced my hand, hit my head against something. No pain, just lots of blood as I remember it. Got a few stitches and a nice scar above my right eyebrow.
    3. As a bit older yet small kid, playing with a friend outdoors. Was gonna run up a flight of concrete stairs, tripped and fell headlong. Immense pain, lots of blood. Hit my eyebrow again, and this time I have a nice inch-long dent into the cranium which I like to have people touch and feel grossed out about. This nice scar is a continuation of the previous scar, so it looks like one long scar. It’s sexy.
    4. 17 years old, playing some ball game indoors at phys ed at school wearing no shoes. Gonna kick a ball, another huge guy is gonna kick it as well, impact, broke toe (second one to the big toe.) Immense pain for a few seconds, then nothing. Toe was completely off so it didn’t even hurt, doctor said something like it was because the broken parts weren’t even touching eachother, the toe was dangling beneath. Looked funny, you could play with it like a nipple (don’t ask me how I play with nipples) before it got swollen and blue, and it’s the only thing I’ve ever broken.
    5. 21 years old, it was a month or longer ago, it’s a Chivalry related injury. Got so angry I smacked a glass away from my desk. Glass did not go flying, it exploded on impact. Deep cut on my middle finger knuckle. Still hurts, it’s a slow healing wound. Doctor said I could expect pain for another two months. Thanks a lot Obama Torn Banner Studios!

So you see, no bad injuries. Just stuff that leaves sexy scars, and a broken toe. Either I’m not living my life, or I’m not that fragile.

PS. When I was one year old, my older brother of ten years dropped me down a flight of stairs. I broke my nose and my whole face was blue and yellow, but apparently baby noses aren’t a big deal if broken since they haven’t hardened yet.

• @dudeface:

Antibacterial acid fluid exploiters.

Its OP as heck dude.

• @User:

Mental Stress and fatigue are one of the major reasons for canker sores.

FTFY. Filthy canker sore casual.

• Mod

AFAIK they are commonly called cold sores for in or out of the mouth. So IDK :/

• @User:

Cold sores are herpes outside of the mouth. Canker sores are what you were referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6qtc2_AQA

• @?B:

@User:

Cold sores are herpes outside of the mouth. Canker sores are what you were referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6qtc2_AQA

Herpderp!

• @?B:

@User:

YOUR CANKERS SWELL SO MUCH THAT THEY WOULD WRETCH THE SIGHT OF THE WORLD

• Thankfully, I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood!), but I’ve had a few scrapes and bruises.

1. Most notable is that I had to have surgery to remove some lumps from my breast when I was 17. Sooo scary and was in pain for awhile. Thankfully the lumps were benign. Also having shots on your butt cheeks are NOT fun.

2. I was a cheerleader in HS and as I was one of the smallest, I was the one that flewwww. So at practice one time, they dropped me and my neck/shoulder got sprained.

3. Played basketball when it was cold - ball hit my finger and gave me a contusion (boo hoo). But I’m no good with pain :P.

4. In PE in HS, this girl hit my face with a metal baseball bat (accidentally)… My jaw… Oh wow, that hurt so bad. The tears. Luckily I didn’t lose any teeth and she didn’t hit my nose, but man, that was a close one

5. Anything and everything with the dentist! (not an injury, but I have a fear of the dentist, so the pain is like NOTHX)

There’s probably more but that’s it for now.

• @Kimiko:

Thankfully, I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood!), but I’ve had a few scrapes and bruises.

1. Most notable is that I had to have surgery to remove some lumps from my breast when I was 17. Sooo scary and was in pain for awhile. Thankfully the lumps were benign. Also having shots on your butt cheeks are NOT fun.

2. I was a cheerleader in HS and as I was one of the smallest, I was the one that flewwww. So at practice one time, they dropped me and my neck/shoulder got sprained.

3. Played basketball when it was cold - ball hit my finger and gave me a contusion (boo hoo). But I’m no good with pain :P.

4. In PE in HS, this girl hit my face with a metal baseball bat (accidentally)… My jaw… Oh wow, that hurt so bad. The tears. Luckily I didn’t lose any teeth and she didn’t hit my nose, but man, that was a close one

5. Anything and everything with the dentist! (not an injury, but I have a fear of the dentist, so the pain is like NOTHX)

There’s probably more but that’s it for now.

Dayum! That’s decent sized list lol. Bet the lumps were scary. I had a couple shots of tramadol in my butt recently, and it hurts to even sit afterwards :|

• @parkrangerstan:

Dayum! That’s decent sized list lol. Bet the lumps were scary. I had a couple shots of tramadol in my butt recently, and it hurts to even sit afterwards :|

Haha yeah, that was a horrible feeling… Like really? That’s where they had to do it?? Ouchie!

Yeah lumps were scary and I totally tried to put off the surgery for a long time. I remember crying about it in the doctor’s office. But my mom was so worried about it, she wanted to get it done sooner, so of course I had to have it done like the following weekend. Booo.

• Mod

@adamcel6:

@?B:

@User:

YOUR CANKERS SWELL SO MUCH THAT THEY WOULD WRETCH THE SIGHT OF THE WORLD

That moment where you understand the hidden humor.
    Curse you Sir Loin!! Cursee youuuuuuu!!

• Also now that some other people complained about their injuries I can name a few so you won’t think im a complete wuss…

In the military;

We were being driven to an OP in one of the special tin can busses that ferry infantry troopers and i stupidly placed my rifle on the above head compartment… when the driver halted the vehicle it fell down on my face and the flash muzzle hit my nose… it was horrible at the time and only left a small scar nowdays.

In a public exhibition for some german military people I was incharge or helping prep some tank’s comms… While climbing out and off the tank just before they were about to move the gunner rotated the turret and the cannon smacked me in the face. I was out cold for an hour and then I had a black face… which earned me the nickname blueberry for a couple of months thereafter…

During a CQC training I dislocated my shoulder because someone forgot to turn the safety on a breaching shotgun. (super painful, dont try it)

In one OP one of the spare batteries in my radio was bad and leaked out over my shoulder, I got an acid burn that left me with a mild scar on my arm but burnt pretty bad at the time.

When I was 4 I hit my head against the table corner and cracked me skull… two years later i hit my head on the same table and cracked my eyebrow. Both required stitches.

• @User:

• Also now that some other people complained about their injuries I can name a few so you won’t think im a complete wuss…

In the military;

We were being driven to an OP in one of the special tin can busses that ferry infantry troopers and i stupidly placed my rifle on the above head compartment… when the driver halted the vehicle it fell down on my face and the flash muzzle hit my nose… it was horrible at the time and only left a small scar nowdays.

In a public exhibition for some german military people I was incharge or helping prep some tank’s comms… While climbing out and off the tank just before they were about to move the gunner rotated the turret and the cannon smacked me in the face. I was out cold for an hour and then I had a black face… which earned me the nickname blueberry for a couple of months thereafter…

During a CQC training I dislocated my shoulder because someone forgot to turn the safety on a breaching shotgun. (super painful, dont try it)

In one OP one of the spare batteries in my radio was bad and leaked out over my shoulder, I got an acid burn that left me with a mild scar on my arm but burnt pretty bad at the time.

When I was 4 I hit my head against the table corner and cracked me skull… two years later i hit my head on the same table and cracked my eyebrow. Both required stitches.

Those are some pretty crazy injuries. Battery acid burn…ouch :o

• I once cut myself with a piece of paper while I was studying. It was terrible.

Luckily, it left no visible mark on my finger, but my soul will be scarred forever.

• @Wingy:

I once cut myself with a piece of paper while I was studying. It was terrible.

Luckily, it left no visible mark on my finger, but my soul will be scarred forever.

whew Thank goodness you survived!