Interitus duel server

• This may be ridiculous or impossible or unfeasible for any number of reasons I dont know, but…

Can you enable 3rd person view for your server? Many times, your server is the only one populated anymore. I have tried many times to get used to 1st person but to me it is so limited. I am like 90 years old IRL and my slow old brain cannot follow weapon tips to parry. I don’t know how I do it in 3rd person, I just do. Although I would admit I’m pretty bad at it, and that’s why I almost exclusively used a shield for my Chiv time.

Anyhoo, I’ve read that competitve players don’t like 3rd person mode, so if it goes against your grain too much, so be it. But I find most good players don’t use it anyway, preferring 1st. Population is very low these days and your duel server usually has some players on it (duel mode is by far my preference).

Maybe thoughts on 3rd person have changed over time? Or as population decreases harder to find servers to play (me)? Maybe 1st only is why people go to your server and this would ruin it all.

It would make my day if you’d consider it anyway. I’d buy my own server NP if I thought people would play on it.

• @Crum1y:

This may be ridiculous or impossible or unfeasible for any number of reasons I dont know, but…

Can you enable 3rd person view for your server? Many times, your server is the only one populated anymore. I have tried many times to get used to 1st person but to me it is so limited. I am like 90 years old IRL and my slow old brain cannot follow weapon tips to parry. I don’t know how I do it in 3rd person, I just do. Although I would admit I’m pretty bad at it, and that’s why I almost exclusively used a shield for my Chiv time.

Anyhoo, I’ve read that competitve players don’t like 3rd person mode, so if it goes against your grain too much, so be it. But I find most good players don’t use it anyway, preferring 1st. Population is very low these days and your duel server usually has some players on it (duel mode is by far my preference).

Maybe thoughts on 3rd person have changed over time? Or as population decreases harder to find servers to play (me)? Maybe 1st only is why people go to your server and this would ruin it all.

It would make my day if you’d consider it anyway. I’d buy my own server NP if I thought people would play on it.

I’m pretty sure they won’t. They disabled it for a reason. Probably because 3rd person gives you an advantage for some moves, like the 180° look up overhead. Risky in 1st person, because you don’t see your opponent, but almost no risk at all in 3rd person, because you can still see him.
    That’s just ONE possible reason.

• 3rd person is for cretins.

• won’t happen.

• Certainly not.

It’s not worth giving all the baddies and randomers 3rd person to please one person who plays better in 3rd person. That actually proves why it’s not allowed since it gives a 90 year-old more ability to parry blows vs first-person, so imagine what kind of advantage anyone using HWS/Kite Shield is going to get.

• also, you’re like 90 years old? we’ve got an actual medieval warrior here.

• No, it will never allow 3rd person.

• Try the Wk classic duel server. They allow 3rd. Although lately I haven’t been seeing them in my server browser. I actually prefer the INT server for their better players but I get like 110 ping there.