[MISC]Throwing Weapons Are Your Best Friends



  • I know i know,who needs a guide on using throwing weapons right? But i don’t want to teach you how to click your mouse and throw a knife,i want you to realize that by mastering the use of them you can beat high level players,help your team,interrupt archers from shooting,keeping pressure on the enemy by feinting the throw,and reducing the morale of the enemy and all this and much more without needing to be a master at melee fighting.
    Here is the video guys i hope you enjoy :)
    GnGqw_PqqRo



  • Throwing axes: punishing the highly skilled for not killing me fast enough.



  • Why do I understand trolling weapons?



  • Throwing weapons. The cheap last minute resort for when you’re losing. Yup, not really a tactical choice is it? More of a… “I’m desperate to beat this more skilled opponent, so let’s see if lag, delayed impacts or some other bug can come to my rescue from when I throw my axe or knife.” Type of choice.



  • Or an excellent way to finish off an opponent who stupidly backs off from you when you’re winning…



  • Throwing axes are a very viable weapon. I use them 70% of the time and smoke pots the other 30%. Depending on archers and current objectives. They are good for pegging an opponent before a battle or a weakened foe. You can pick them up off everything, so useful. Any one throwing axe then a hit from a Zweihander will kill any opponent but a knight. Consider that.



  • I think Smoke pots on TDM/TO for Vanguard is an essential item. They can greatly enhance your teams position, particularly attacking, by covering Line of sight from strategic areas. Blocking archer vision is a basic example.
    Another great way to use them as a defensive tool is to throw a smoke pot just ahead of your defend object, about 5-10 meters. This way the enemies vision is blocked and they have to run into an unknown situation in order to push the offensive. In which case you and your team are happily waiting…



  • I only really use throwing weapons when someone I’ve been fighting suddenly tries to run away, I’ll follow and just chuck a couple of axes, if they are trying to get away they usually run in a straight line, making it easy to peg them in the head, which can kill them if you did some damage to them beforehand.



  • SCENARIO
    Me: Knight with Maul, Broadsword, and 2 throwing axes defending the cart on the last section of darkforest.

    Enemy: 3 enemies approach. A full health knight, a full health maa, a full health vanguard.

    I peg the maa and the knight with my throwing axes.
    Knight goes left, others go right.

    Feint the knight and get a one hit kill because he is wounded. Now a 2v1. I pull out my BS.
    I finish the maa in one overhead hit, he was in the lead because he is faster.

    Now its an easy 1v1 against a vanguard, which I proceed to win.

    This was a real scenario about a week ago.
    There is almost no way I could have done this without my throwing axes. 3 full health enemies is next to impossible to take on.



  • @TEC_rruss:

    I only really use throwing weapons when someone I’ve been fighting suddenly tries to run away, I’ll follow and just chuck a couple of axes, if they are trying to get away they usually run in a straight line, making it easy to peg them in the head, which can kill them if you did some damage to them beforehand.

    That’s pretty much the only time I use them too. Pretty satisfying haha. I suck at aiming though. Which is why I also don’t play archer…


Log in to reply