Use of the brandi this month (OCT)

• Anyone noticed how use of the brandistock by higher level players has gone up this month.
    I had noticed this and also saw someone else trying to articulate this subject. So i thought it might be worth mentioning.

It seems some high level players have started to focus their attention on the brandistock (some with more success then others :)). There is some slightly peculiar stuff that happens during these fights, depending on the ‘skill’ of the wielder, but they are still somewhat fun the fights are a little hard lets say.

Against one particular player i’ve seen spontaneous feint->parrys where i felt my hit was too clever and would normally have gotten through anyone’s attack, nevertheless, the fight was still fun but difficult. I’ve also started to have an understanding that some people have an uncanny setup which helps them run-turn-drag attacks around players’ guards.

The intensity of the fight is fun in TO or FFA, but if i was having a serious duel i wouldn’t find it fun to play against.

• Its one of the best support weapons in the game. And its high damage mean you kill lots of kill steals.

Its also very misleading.

• Early on in my C:MW career i spent tonnnnnnnes of hours on the brandi, but i havent used it for maybe 200 or more hours of game play so i’ve lost my touch with it a bit.

• Brandi is an absolute pain of a weapon to fight against as a knight. The knockback always puts you out of reach, and you’re just too damn fat to try and run around the stabs. Trying to read feints/stab drags when the majority of the weapon is behind you is a bitch too, not to mention the over-reaching on the stabs (seriously what is with that!). In the hands of a good player its an absolute nightmare.

• @LTTLWLF:

Brandi is an absolute pain of a weapon to fight against as a knight. The knockback always puts you out of reach, and you’re just too damn fat to try and run around the stabs. Trying to read feints/stab drags when the majority of the weapon is behind you is a bitch too, not to mention the over-reaching on the stabs (seriously what is with that!). In the hands of a good player its an absolute nightmare.

InTim still manages to get to me an he uses a bloody shield.

In fact that might be why. He may lose half his stamina but I can’t feint him because of the shield he’s very good at turning to block the spears fast LMB. I’ve lost my ranged advantage and it turns into more or less a fair fight. 1h LS stab drag is one nasty had to see drag that can get around parries. At least with weapons like the greatsword you can see it so you know its coming. Longsword its hard to tell. A kick and a back peddle I can force him to lose more stamina. But landing a kick on him isn’t easy. Jatz the great tries to strafe around me for some silly reason so i get some more hits on him. And he plays just like until. That strafing is the only difference.

Shields might be an advantage against a brandistock. Knights who parry me are liable to take damage sooner or later. Also changing from the slow stab to the normal stab can really put people off.

• Brandi is definitely good, and it needed something to keep up with spear. But i’ve noticed more and more people going back to spear.

• 1hits archers and MAAs, 2hits knights and vanguards. Fast as hell and the slash is OP, it reaches quite far, feints are harder to read with any spearweapon/polearmstab, so why not use it? It’s easymode just like broadsword. The best counter against it is the thrusting spear (or whatever it’s called) because you can stay out of reach and just matrix counterattack when they try to hit you.

• @Xylvion:

1hits archers and MAAs, 2hits knights and vanguards. Fast as hell and the slash is OP, it reaches quite far, feints are harder to read with any spearweapon/polearmstab, so why not use it? It’s easymode just like broadsword. The best counter against it is the thrusting spear (or whatever it’s called) because you can stay out of reach and just matrix counterattack when they try to hit you.

No it just two hits everything. Only knights if you do the two slow stabs.

• @lemonater47:

Again it oneshots archers and MAAs, to be more specific when the “slow stab” hits the head of those units.
    And you can take down the knight with 1 “slow stab” to the face and then one regular stab to either the face or the body.

• Spears can’t combo and this is their biggest weakness, but combos are not as strong with the removal of cftp. Spears were not affected by this and have actually been improved. So none of this should really be surprising.

I don’t find the animations too hard to read for spears or pole-arms. The 1-hander stabs hidden behind shields is way harder to read imo.

• @Xylvion:

@lemonater47:

Again it oneshots archers and MAAs, to be more specific when the “slow stab” hits the head of those units.
    And you can take down the knight with 1 “slow stab” to the face and then one regular stab to either the face or the body.

Never been one shotted by them.

Then again its a low strike. So it don hit the head much at all really.

It does 90 pierce damage.

• 1 shots MAA and archer in head

2 shots vanguards

2 shots knights if 1 headshot

• The Brandistock’s riposte-slash is a bit too fast in my opinion. And the knockback could be less. But I think it’s a good weapon all in all.

• Sorry brandi users but I’m gonna have to call it OP. It has anything you could possibly want in a weapon: damage and reach in the thrust, hyperspeed in the slash, an all purpose stab and draggability. You just can never go wrong with it.

• @Jstorm:

Sorry brandi users but I’m gonna have to call it OP. It has anything you could possibly want in a weapon: damage and reach in the thrust, hyperspeed in the slash, an all purpose stab and draggability. You just can never go wrong with it.

I can! Believe me… I can! :D

• Its not hard to block the slash.

Start to react in the windup. Don’t just stand there.

• @lemonater47:

Its not hard to block the slash.

Most good brandistock users will feint if you block early…most of them feint even if you don’t block…then when you go to attack out snaps that super fast lmb that flinches you.

• @lemonater47:

The normal slash, yes.
    But I still got the impression that the riposte slash is faster than your parry. It hits you before you are able to parry. You’re still recovering from your strike that has been parried.
    But I could also be wrong. Maybe I’m just confused by the animation.
    I find the riposte animations of polearm-slashes and onehanded stabs pretty confusing. But That’s my problem, not a game problem, I guess.

• @Sir_Henric:

@lemonater47:

Most good brandistock users will feint if you block early…most of them feint even if you don’t block…then when you go to attack out snaps that super fast lmb that flinches you.

And the whole time you have to stay in range. But thats all part of the fun right ;)

Personally i’d rate these fights as more fun to fight against then leet feinting SoW/claymore.

@Peter:

The normal slash, yes.
    But I still got the impression that the riposte slash is faster than your parry. It hits you before you are able to parry. You’re still recovering from your strike that has been parried.

At times it looks like brandi slashes breach parry when the release starts past or within the target’s model. But then it doesn’t happen often; typically when the brandi player is flanking and dragging the windup/release moment into the target’s model.

• Been tons of brandi users on the singapore servers ever since the balance patch.