It's been over a year since I discovered Chivalry

• And I just want to say this game has become far worse since then. The direction the game took with the patches, updates, and balancing has been horrendous and I’m extremely disappointed in it. The original feel of the game was when it was best, and I’m really sad to see how the state of this game is now.

The worst part is, I have very little hope it will ever improve and either go back to how good it used to be, or massive change shift in direction focus to a much better game than it is currently. It’s just really depressing.

I won’t quit supporting this game, but only because of how good it used to be. I don’t want to sound like a negative Nancy, but I think it’s important to voice one’s opinions so the developers can hear from many audiences.

• i still play it to this day, can still be fun… but then other times it’s annoyingly frustrating.

• I hear from beta testers that Deadliest Warrior is actually very, very good. Fixes many bugs and improves on the entire game. I have hope <3

• @Flippy:

I hear from beta testers that Deadliest Warrior is actually very, very good. Fixes many bugs and improves on the entire game. I have hope <3

How can it “fix bugs and improve” on a game that isn’t even out yet?

• @DokB:

@Flippy:

I hear from beta testers that Deadliest Warrior is actually very, very good. Fixes many bugs and improves on the entire game. I have hope <3

Because its in closed beta with 160 testers maybe?

• The only thing i’m concerned about is lack of communication,from my experience is always a bad sign.

• @AndreaTheArcher:

The only thing i’m concerned about is lack of communication,from my experience is always a bad sign.

From my experience its can mean many things.

All in all its just stupidity. Even if everything is fine people are gonna think worst case scenario anyway.

Feed the people torn banner. They are only human.

• It’s all a question of personal opinions I think. I love chivalry as it is now, even though I hate the claymore so damn much.
    Most of the time steam is ruining the game for me. Sometimes steam just LOVES switching to offline mode and disconnecting me from the gameserver.
    Elsewise the game is really fun when playing with the right people.
    There are people that make it frustrating or annoying or even both and there are people that make the game FUN AS HELL.
    If you have good people in your team and annoying people in the enemy team it’s still enjoyable. Because you kick the ass of the enemies then.

It’s really funny how a team of two players can change the ending of the battle in chivalry. While the other 14 players of your team do nothing but running blindly to the objective (or not even trying that) and being killed, because they don’t wait for their allies to spawn, but just run alone into the horde of enemies, you and your friend cover each other and make it to the objective. Had this on lots of servers.
    And I really like it this way.
    You don’t need a team full of badass players to win the battle against a casual enemy team. You just need one or two other guys that are willing to stick together and cover each others butt.

Of course this goes only for public games. In scrims you need your whole team to act tactically of course.

• i try to always play with other people or it’s just frustrating

• I’ve been happy with the direction of the game. I just acknowledge that its the slow pace in bug fixes and balance tweaks that takes a long time that makes it hard going sometimes.
    -eg MAA being Flash Gordon with gogo gadget extendible arms. Conversely the javelin archer has little tyrannosaurus rex arms…

-or things taking ages to get tweaks like the polehammer and flail / buckler

• @DokB:

@Flippy:

By the “entire game” I meant Medieval Warfare. Poor wording on my part.

• For my taste it’s gotten better, but lacks content.

• @Flippy:

u heard wrong CDW has all the bugs from MW and many more on top of that, in fact its so riddled with bugs half the classes are unplayable, samurai and ninja are the only viable classes atm mainly because the dont have some horrendous bug effecting there gameply. On top of that there’s no panic parry or combo feint to parry so backpedaling and not engaging has become even more prevalent.
    I have high hopes for the game too its still in beta so hopefully most of these kinks can be worked out before release, if they brought back CTFP this game could be a competitive masterpiece, but at the very least panic parry needs to come back because the metagame atm is atrociously dull.