Yet again…

• yet again you have made a game that focuses on projectile warfare. Lets have a choice between melee and things that can shoot from afar… which one are people going to choose. So dissapointing for a game thats SUPPOSED to be melee combat, but yet again you turn it into a projectile game.

I don’t want the game if that’s what it will be, learn something from MW… ffs.

• Huh? There are 6 classes and only one focuses on ranged more than melee.

• I think he’s referring to the buffed Yumi bow on the Samurai, making it the only proper choice for a secondary. A team of Yumi Bow samurai is almost as bad as a team of all pistole pirates.
    Actually, even worse, because the pirates are relatively crap in melee, the samurai are beast melee combatants.

• The viking, spartan and knight at least get shields to deal with the arrows! :D

• mark my words gentlemen, if the game releases like this, it wil be just like MW…

no need to get ahead of mysef, just wait and see i guess.

3 classes have projectile weapons, knight has crossbow, samurai yumi, and pirates have guns…

it’s not just the yumi bow, of course the buffed it because archers need to be the strongest class always… but even if you have shield… the damn blunder goes through shields, no mas blocking glass/shards/metal/pellets. No fighting in the shade…

the melee actually feels pretty solid, and you’re going to ruin a “melee” game with this crap. Wanting to primarily play melee class and getting shot at the whole time is not my idea of fun… i guess thats just MY opinion.

have fun with your fps game. i currently don’t want it.

• Yumi bow was horribly under powered before. Took 3 hit to kill a pirate.

• This is what happens when someone else makes balance changes :P

Yumi will be updated again soon. We’re still thinking about the role projectile weapons will play in DW combat. The Pistole has been reduced in power so that it can’t kill ninjas with a body shot, and we’re rethinking the role of the Blunderbuss entirely, so look forward to more changes there.

• Yeah the pistole nerf was good. Not a long range ninja slayer anymore.

• Alternatively instead of messing with the damage values of ranged weapons you could consider increasing the difficulty of aiming them.

A simple change would be giving the pistole and the blunderbuss massive aim sway while aimed and terrible accuracy while not aiming them. It’d tie in with Pirates due to them being drunk bastards and generally being on par with storm troopers in the accuracy department.

• I rather use pistol because the melee is horrible atm

barely any control, hit trades all day and a spamfest with flinch barely existing

that and some weapons take forever to kill with, just a pain really

• i’m telling you though, it’s because you’re on american server. I try to play in euro but it’s just no fun and everything is really wonky.

• no i made that opinion after playing on eu servers actually.

its extremely wonky, the lack of control is horrible

• @CRUSHED:

no i made that opinion after playing on eu servers actually.

This is caused due by a lack of CFTP/panic parry.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@CRUSHED:

no i made that opinion after playing on eu servers actually.

This is caused due by a lack of CFTP/panic parry.

I’m agreeing that this adds to it, but what CRUSHED is saying is accurate in my opinion. I played in a game with 60-84 ping earlier today and about three minutes ago I was about to make a post asking if they had decided to remove flinch ENTIRELY. Flinch just straight up does not work in this game, it’s hit trade central.

To add to the lack of control I’m having a hard time stopping the combos (as in my guy won’t stop comboing- it’s almost like pressing parry is continuing the combo). And guess what, they still can’t flinch me. I was using one of the slower weapons (the viking hammer/maul thing) and getting hit in windup. I don’t think I saw flinch happen once in my two hours of just playing, but I’m sure I’m just not noticing when it does. But the flinch system is horrible in this game, at least so far in my 8 hours of experience.

I think out of fairness I should note I’m using a Nvidia card, and the game is kind of jumpy right now. I’m hoping it’s just this, but I was having mostly solid fights with good framerates and low ping.

• pirates offically OP, easy mode shoot guns at shit. I played pirate every opportunity, fucking easy. too much damage, then their melee is also not lacking at all. they’re squishy but so is anything else once they take a pistol to the throat… it’s honestly kind of fun being pirates, not gonna lie… but they clearly ruin melee aspect of this game. Blunder+pistol group with health regen… you have to be joking guys… this can’t stay the way it is… sorry tibbs but you’re class is too powerful. Ranged is too much in the game. Theres a map with ninjas vs. pirates, what is expected to happen? If the ninjas pull it offf, bravo… but they did not once in all the hours i played it tonight.

Samurai is still the best class? why? the footspeed of every person is like archer/maa in MW, or maybe even faster. Choosing short weapons is dumb. Samurai has the long ass sword, plus the spear as a seconday which is what i’d use… it’s rediculous.

viking berserk is good, however after a few combos, they start desycing just like vanguard does with claymore, same shit different class/weapon.

ninja is bomb… totally balanced nothing really needs cahanging, things around it need adjusting. Oh wait… the metsubushi’s or w/e those egg things are, currenlty they’re too strong in duels… but in group fights very effective. In duel, you can hit your opponent with one, get 1-2 free hits… then as they are trying to recover, throw another and get 1-2 more free hits. If you hit the 3 shot right, you kill them in 3 every time with ease.

Spartan, i’m only upset that the spear can’t drag but half way through the tracer… that sucks for any decent spear user, but i guess it’s warranted from the ability to spear combo. The samurai shield attacks though are way better than the spear attacks. Spear attacks get blocked, the shield RARELY does.

Knight is still pretty good.

Why is SLASH the best attack also? if you get into a fight, it’s footwork+attack. Why would anyone pick overhead that you can’t drag… but also why would somone pick the floor on this game?

anyway, i’ve told ppl while streaming to buy the game, its like waht 15 bucks… fuck it. It’s a fun game so far, i enjoy myself… but it really need some balancing

• I actually love charging down pirates as a group shields raised yelling out “for Sparta”, “for swagatha” “forwaaaaaaarrrd” coming under heavy fire losing a couple of men reaching the pirates and cutting them all down.

Working team VOIP would make this easier. Most people are reluctant to charge. And 3 men charging with 10 men sitting in one place doesn’t work. You lose a few men on the charge but you mostly get there intact. Then you have lots of squishy pirates to kill.

I’m more pissed off at the crossbowmen and archers. They are actually accurate and have a far higher skill cap. So can be more effective than a gun in the right hands. They are effective alone while a pirate is only really effective in groups or in corridors.

• it can be hard to charge, you just have to pray you’re not the focus of fire. The best way ideally is to have people run on the outskirts and direct the fire outward. You basically need a few sacrificial lambs for the slaughter in order to draw their fire and then get in there. If they’re focus firing like straight forward and everyone is close together, blunders will just blast like 3 people at the same time, but each person with a blunder will be hitting like 3 people spread style. Then if the pirates are smart, they’ll pull secondaries out and clean up the riff raff that made it through. If i play pirate i prefer the pistols though. I think the pirates vs. ninjas thing is a joke lol, the ninjas totally get f-ed. The metsubushi eggs are really powerful though, can take down any target if both of them are used, i’d hate to see if there were ammo boxes lmao.

i certainly have fun playing the game, i think it needs work, but generally i have a pretty good time playing it.

• I know you’re basing it off last nights play session, but we were outnumbering the ninjas by 10 players. That’s quite significant. This was because, while on normal even footing ninjas can usually win against pirates, it’s not fun for the ninjas to be cut down by guns in order to get to slaying. Pirates vs Knights is hysterical as the knights just tank through the hits with their shields, pirates don’t stand a chance in that match up.

• @clayton-bigsby:

Why is SLASH the best attack also? if you get into a fight, it’s footwork+attack. Why would anyone pick overhead that you can’t drag… but also why would somone pick the floor on this game?

Because of lack of control its too risky to use overhead all the time

too easy to miss it which brings you into a bad position while slash gives you crowd control + easier to hit sweet spot on it

• @CRUSHED:

Because of lack of control its too risky to use overhead all the time

too easy to miss it which brings you into a bad position while slash gives you crowd control + easier to hit sweet spot on it

Agreed completely. Some sort of recovery parry needs to come back soon; even CFTP is better than the “don’t ever risk missing” metagame we have now.