SDK Release Candidate 1 in the Beta app

• Great news everyone! The SDK is updated on the beta and is now a release candidate with Steam Workshop support. Currently, this applies to custom maps only. Custom code mods such as specific game modes will have to manually move files around like before as they are not currently supported. Barring any critical bugs or issues, we expect to release this version to the main app, so we’d like to get as many people to try this out as possible.

Full patch notes:

• Workshop support for maps

• Auto Workshop downloads for clients

• Workshop download tool for servers (can run as a schedule task / rcon job)

• Server browser support (different colors for servers with custom maps, custom code; additional column with mod name)

Important information:

• swoon

• Oh god oh god oh god, I’m screaming like a little bitch right now.

• @Vlad:

Oh god oh god oh god, I’m screaming like a little bitch right now.

hehe reminds me of someone

• Man, you took the one-year anniversary celebration seriously!
    Deadliest Warrior Beta, Free weekend for MW and now this!

Time to get back into the game for me. :)

• This might single handedly revive Chivalry Medieval Warfare. Hope custom mod downloads come soon after!

• Gotta upload my Cave map! ;)

• I’m confused, does this mean Custom Maps for Chivalry? or Chivalry Beta?

• yessssssssss

• Developer

@ScheifferB:

I’m confused, does this mean Custom Maps for Chivalry? or Chivalry Beta?

In the Beta app, though

@Kimiko:

Barring any critical bugs or issues, we expect to release this version to the main app

• When I try to join a beta server with custom map it says “Your connection to the host has been lost”. Why?

• Developer

We tested map creation, cooking, uploading, and testing on a server from the beginning with someone who had no experience with the SDK and it all appeared to work. Can I get more information about how you’re hosting this, how you’re connecting to it, the contents of your CookedSDK and ContentSDK directories, etc.?

Can you also post the logs from the client and from the server in question? You may need to go into your PCServer-UDKEngine.ini and UDKEngine.ini files, find the “Suppress=…” lines, and remove them. That’ll increase the number of things logged which may help us see the issue.

Many thanks for any information you can get us.

• I guess this thread’s the right place to ask: Will Deadliest Warrior also receive SDK support?

• My body is ready.

• @B4RK:

Man, you took the one-year anniversary celebration seriously!
    Deadliest Warrior Beta, Free weekend for MW and now this!

Well played! These are exciting times indeed. 8-)

• Finaly SDK ! Great !!! :jlaff:

• Omg I didn’t even know about this! Hurraah!!! :)

• There is an issue with the SDK that needs to be fixed before going live. When putting custom objectives into TO maps, instead of showing your objective (“Lower the Drawbridge” as an example) you get "?INT?AOCMaps.Objective.Descript.“Lower the Drawbridge”.

I have discussed this with Andrew and Crustacean a while ago but they may have forgotten?

@Dr:

@Andrew:

“?INT?AOCMaps.Objective.Descript.”

It’s a localization thing that is not ideal for the sdk. It uses string variables from AOCmaps and plugs in the associated text. It is something that still needs work/to be removed on the code side of things.

@CrustaceanSoup:

We do still need to separate localization and configs for mods out from that of the main game. Most of the Kismet nodes let you just pass through strings unlocalized; if that one doesn’t, I’ll make a note to change it so it does.

This is still a problem and the SDK is due to go live. Do I need to make a custom version of AOCMaps or will this be unlocalised soon?

• @B4RK:

I guess this thread’s the right place to ask: Will Deadliest Warrior also receive SDK support?

Sorry for quote-bumping my own post, but I have yet to receive an answer to my question. :D

• Sooo… When can we expect next workshop patch? ;)