Free Weekend

• Hey Vets,

Just a reminder… take it easy on the newbies this weekend. We want them to stay…

Thanks,
    ~Mystikkal

• @Mystikkal:

Hey Vets,

Just a reminder… take it easy on the newbies this weekend. We want them to stay…

Thanks,
    ~Mystikkal

Blood will flow.

• Now is the opportune time for everyone to be welcoming to new players. Give them reasons to stay and stick around. :)

• @trooper:

@Mystikkal:

Hey Vets,

Thanks,
    ~Mystikkal

Blood will flow.

Oh they’ll stay - or should I say they’ll… never leave.

• Yeah……
    another noob filled weekend…
    :hopel:

• [youtubehd:36zeu96t]lco9Ki-5qfQ[/youtubehd:36zeu96t]

• @Mystikkal:

Hey Vets,

Thanks,
    ~Mystikkal

I second that. I’m excited to help out some newer players.

• Looking forward to showing new players the basics of melee combat getting stuffed full of arrows and bolts.

• @Keith:

Now is the opportune time for everyone to be welcoming to new players. Give them reasons to stay and stick around. :)

Sorry but the game should do that, not the vets covering up all the bugs by being nice.

@DaciaJC:

Looking forward to showing new players the basics of melee combat getting stuffed full of arrows and bolts.

BBWWUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh so true….

• @Retsnom:

@Keith:

Now is the opportune time for everyone to be welcoming to new players. Give them reasons to stay and stick around. :)

Sorry but the game should do that, not the vets covering up all the bugs by being nice.

A lot of players will choose to stick around depending on the community so if fellow players can help them out or make them feel welcomed then it’s something that the game alone can’t provide.

• @Keith:

@Retsnom:

@Keith:

A lot of players will choose to stick around depending on the community so if fellow players can help them out or make them feel welcomed then it’s something that the game alone can’t provide.

You don’t seem to of played games such as WoW, LoL, HoN, Dota, Dota 2, etc….

Pretty much these are just a few of the games where the community can and most often will be extremely vile, hell im vile in dota 2 when people annoy me.

either way the games are successful and have thousands / hundreds thousands / millions of players, even with the known vile communities.

We have already attempted to keep people playing the game, hell the games only gotten more annoying because bugs that made people leave are still in (beta and release bugs), so it’s not ganna be a case of a “second look will make them stay”

as not much has changed since then, maybe a few fixes and duel system but nothing that people haven’t tried on the other free weekends or content patches after buying it on sales.

We can still try to hide the bugs, but really its deadliest warrior people are more likely to buy as it’s currently more polished than CMW, visual and combat wise.

Vets will attempt to stop newbies from left click spamming by telling them there are 3 attacks, noobs will however do the same as always and ignore it :P

I do hope it brings in some more players though, but i think more focus and communication regarding fixes to CMW would bring in more people.

xD

• You have the choice of being an arsehole. No one forces you to be a dick.

We made a rank 0 king once by denying king. We had 12 people deny it and lucky for us it didn’t bug out.

• Let the HaRVesTING BEGIN ):>

I’ll use heavy weapons at least, so its more invigorating for the newbs. Nothing like the good old double axe or polehammer….might throw in the war hammer and mace for something different.

• @Keith:

@Retsnom:

@Keith:

Keith…I’ve seen you in-game and you seem like a cool guy

Chiv alienated a large portion of the “vets” by releasing THE PATCH…and now you’re asking for our help? A bunch of vets, including myself, like helping out people who really want to learn…but creating a post about how we “should”? C’mon man. Scratch our backs once in a while and we may be more inclined to scratch yours. :D

• @lemonater47:

You have the choice of being an arsehole. No one forces you to be a dick.

Not being a dick nor an arsehole, just giving the correct information, all of which can be found throughout the forums and ingame.

whether you choose to see other peoples points or not is up to you, but as they say, the truth hurts, especially to those who don’t see it themselves.

• Sure, vets are going to kill them. No one is amazing at chivalry right from the start. It’ll separate those who will give up and those who will persevere, learn techniques and practice.

It’s just how we do our initiations I guess.

• @Hanzo:

Keith…I’ve seen you in-game and you seem like a cool guy

Chiv alienated a large portion of the “vets” by releasing THE PATCH…and now you’re asking for our help? A bunch of vets, including myself, like helping out people who really want to learn…but creating a post about how we “should”? C’mon man. Scratch our backs once in a while and we may be more inclined to scratch yours. :D

IMHO, the patch only alienated the game hoppers who like to exploit game mechanics to their advantage and then proclaim themselves as PRO.

They were always bound to leave early at some point for any reason.

• Some things also alienated casuals who like to get a grasp of the game mechanics by using their eyes and common sense.

And being competitive does mean that you are pushing to the edge of game mechanics by optimizing your playstyle. Because of this “pros” (actually there are no professionals in Chivalry as it lacks paid tournaments) usually incorporate “exploits” (if they help them) and while underpowered mechanics/weapons get ignored (competitive players want to win after all).

Thats what “lamer no skill” scrubs don’t understand - for them “being good” means being skilled at the use of mechanics they like (even if underpowered) and not using the mechanics they don’t like (even/especially if you gimp yourself by doing so).

• New players need to be taught the harsh realities of Chivalry

• the only thing i’m going to do to help new players is if they ask a question in chat, i will answer them correctly instead of saying press f10, or alt+f4.

i will not however take it easy on them, i am cutting so many heads this weekend i’m painting the ground red with fresh noob blood.