I confess…

• … to being excited

Hi there,

Thank you for purchasing Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior! Early Access on steam has now begun and your key is available. Please find your key on your unique download page, if you have lost your download page link please go to: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender

After activating your steam key please launch the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Beta app and select the “Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior Beta” option to launch the expansion.

Hope to see you on the battlefield,

Torn Banner Studios

• It’s funny, a couple weeks back you said the game would appeal to “some kiddies”. Does this mean you also confess to being “some kiddie”? :D

No hard feelings. We’re all excited. I’m just waiting for them to put up a European server. Actually, I think there might be one right now since earlier today they were talking about getting one. Haven’t checked yet.

• I knew he was excited deep down.

• @Jon:

It’s funny, a couple weeks back you said the game would appeal to “some kiddies”. Does this mean you also confess to being “some kiddie”? :D

there is no bigger kid than me

• @Jon:

It’s funny, a couple weeks back you said the game would appeal to “some kiddies”. Does this mean you also confess to being “some kiddie”? :D

No hard feelings. We’re all excited. I’m just waiting for them to put up a European server. Actually, I think there might be one right now since earlier today they were talking about getting one. Haven’t checked yet.

I put up a few EU servers earlier, two SimRai servers, will be more tomorrow.

• So much to say about this beta from first impressions. I wonder which forum to post it into.

• @gregcau:

So much to say about this beta from first impressions. I wonder which forum to post it into.

I guess here? Since it’s no longer alpha.

• Don’t worry, I’m excited too.

• How do the mechanics feel? If someone would care to answer, pretty skeptical.

• @akazi:

How do the mechanics feel? If someone would care to answer, pretty skeptical.

Combat is sped up a tad so there’s a bit less dragability of weapons.

Overhauled damage system. Meaning facehugging, overhead lookdowns and hitting people off the sides of out screen has a damage nerf as the beginning and ends of swings deal less damage and if you are close you deal less damage. Seems pretty consistent when you look at it with tracers on.

Ninja roll is smoother than MAA dodge as you can duck attacks with it. You can also queue an attack before it finishes to spring up with a stab or slash. They can pick up other players throwing stars. And their smoke bombs are OP or UP depending on who you ask.

Bubble is 50% smaller.

Viking combos speed up as you land hits. Roflcopter of doom in FFA games.
    They can throw most of their weapons and shield. You can end up with just fists. Hammer throw is awesome. And you can pick up all thrown weapons and shields.

Spartan is very good at 1v1 combat and the shield bash is very deadly. They can’t seem to pick spears out of people but they can pick them off the ground. Takes years to reload so best not used in close combat. Can get overwhelmed fast and he doesn’t have a whole lot of health. Their secondaries are pretty powerful.

Knight is well the knight. Most health. Has a heater and crossbow. Only 2 one handers. Throwing knives also included. He has the Most weapons in the game.

Samurai has slightly less armour but has a faster and more damaging weapons. Yumi bow is quite powerful. Better than a gun. Only 8 arrows. Can out skirmish pirates. The Katana is a versatile weapon a very good secondary. Katana can do damage on the weapon draw. Useful changing from a bow to katana as you damage people and change late. Its bigger primaries server a better role as a support weapon as they have huge windups and fast classes can flinch them.

Pirate isn’t as OP as everyone might think. The blunderbuss can be the great tickle gun if used incorrectly. Running head on into a bunch of pirates is actually a viable strategy as long as you aren’t a ninja but they have stealth. A shield lowers the damage by about 70% or so. The pistole shoots more or less in the direction you point it. Crouching doubles the effective range. Crossbow is better at range. He can reload in the open against a pirate and win. Two hit chest everyone. Pirate rum heals are the only inconsistency. You can get full health to no health from it. Neither of which are supposed to happen.

A brief overview of the classes and mechanics. This is beta too.

Written on an IPhone. Its autocorrect can screw things up.

• @lemonater47:

Overhauled damage system. Meaning facehugging, overhead lookdowns and hitting people off the sides of out screen has a damage nerf as the beginning and ends of swings deal less damage and if you are close you deal less damage. Seems pretty consistent when you look at it with tracers on.

Bubble is 50% smaller.

Are these changes we can expect to come to Medieval Warfare too?

• @Tummeh:

@lemonater47:

Bubble is 50% smaller.

Are these changes we can expect to come to Medieval Warfare too?

Highly doubt it.

This overhaul was actually a community suggestion a while back with no real opposition.

As with many of the features and mechanics in DW.

• CMW seem to have the higher skill celing atm, though i’ve just played for about 2 hours.

• CDW has alot higher skill ceiling but it needs fixing with the mechanics.

• So, all those things we have asked for months are actually done in CDW. Nice commercial way to force us to buy CDW… Except if it’s done for CMW too (which won’t happen since we all know TBS). Sorry, I can’t be happy here.

• @lemonater47:

So happy to ready this you have no idea. Thank you for the info kind sir/ma’am.

• @Terrence:

So, all those things we have asked for months are actually done in CDW. Nice commercial way to force us to buy CDW… Except if it’s done for CMW too (which won’t happen since we all know TBS). Sorry, I can’t be happy here.

Hitting the nail on the head…

• @KevLar:

@Terrence:

So, all those things we have asked for months are actually done in CDW. Nice commercial way to force us to buy CDW… Except if it’s done for CMW too (which won’t happen since we all know TBS). Sorry, I can’t be happy here.

Hitting the nail on the head…

I think Torn Banner will apply changes to CMW. Considering to play CDW, you need CMW, they’re not just going to leave CMW how it is, especially now that CDW is in public beta. People can see the changes between the two and express what ones they like.