Concerning the Spartan

• Enjoying the game so far, and decided to go for the Spartan, seeing as its a hybrid class and I prefer them. A problem I find is when you throw either a javelin or short spear, the Spartan goes to pick up another one and freezes for about a sec, which causes problems while fighting.

Don’t know if this has been reported, nor do I know if I’m even in the right thread, but just wanted to point it out, and hopefully it will be fixed.

• He doesn’t freeze he just takes a year to reload.

• Does anyone else feel the Spartan’s reload is too slow? Alpha testers were actually pretty sure he was overpowered.

• not really tested the reload of the spears as I was only using the longest reach one (i forget the name)

but one of our knights who as with most kotrt refuse to use forums (dunno why)

was bitching about the throw being so slow (skype repetitiveness), I will have to test it tonight when I’m on, but from what I recall from vsing others, they usually throw and you can get in a hit or 2, or they throw and immediately back up for a few seconds ?

Could probably be too long though, we shall soon see from others feedback and ill post tonight too lol

• @SlyGoat:

Does anyone else feel the Spartan’s reload is too slow? Alpha testers were actually pretty sure he was overpowered.

I think the reload time is fine, since it also has a stun. The problem is that if you are hit while reloading you have to go through the animation again. You should be allowed to block after taking the first hit.

• @SlyGoat:

Does anyone else feel the Spartan’s reload is too slow? Alpha testers were actually pretty sure he was overpowered.

He wasn’t overpowered because of his spear throw ability. But because of his melee ability.

When he gets hit he also has to start his slow reload all over again.

• The slow reload is really annoying. Because really, what you do with the spartan, if you decide to throw your spear, is that you charge your enemies, throw one or two spears (depends on what type of spear you got) and then enter them in melee, either with sword or spear if you got one left.

But with the slow reloading, you charge your enemies, throw a spear, miss him, back away and “reload” your spear, he runs after you and hits you, you can’t block and now have to re-reload your spear, he hits you a few times more and you’re dead. If you hit him, this is of course not as big of a problem. And of course there should be a punishment for missing a shot, but it’s too big of a punishment since spear throwing is rather medium ranged.

The reload should be shorter. If you watch him reload in third person, he spins the spear around in his hand when he grabs if from his shield hand. Why does he do this? Of course it takes time if he has to do that. And it’s not even necessary since the (invisable) spears he’s holding in his shield hand should already be turned the right way anyway. When I’m thinking about it, no matter what way he would be holding the spears in his shield hand does it require him to do a spin with his right hand when he grabs one. Try it yourself, if you pass one object from the left hand to the other, let’s say a scissor, do you spin it around in your right hand before you use it? Unless you’re impressing someone, I guess.

• @SlyGoat:

The only reason spartan was OP was due to the nature of his shield bash being near instantaneous and very much unblockable without a pinch of luck.

Had absolutely nothing to do with throwing his weapons. I actually don’t ever bother throwing the spear because you lose it in most situations (hit a target in the head? Yeah, your javelin is now gone forever), and you’re left with his crappy side arm that can’t even perform an overhand chop, and I hate the LMB diagonal slash.

The reload time guaranteed that throwing his javelin in almost all instances is now pointless and likely to get you killed. I thought we already went through this exact same situation with javelineer in base Chiv?

• @Gauntlet:

@SlyGoat:

The only reason spartan was OP was due to the nature of his shield bash being near instantaneous and very much unblockable without a pinch of luck.

yeah spartans shield bash really hurts, its seems to be a 2 hit kill X_x

• @Saraski:

@Gauntlet:

@SlyGoat:

yeah spartans shield bash really hurts, its seems to be a 2 hit kill X_x

3 hit against everyone.