[CHIV] Shields Facing Forward still block opponents back.

• Why do shields that are equipped in the opponents hand (facing forwards) block the opponents back as if there’s an invisible shield. This bug has been around since I’ve been playing. So annoying. Can’t tell you how many times I sneak up on someone only to have my attack magically blocked by an invisible force field. UGH it’s frustrating.

• Are you sure it’s just not the same issue with a backwards parry?

• Yeah. In fact someone else noticed it too. I was running and a maA was chasing me; he caught up and stabbed me in the back….except my shield which was facing forward blocked it :o . I turned around and killed him…I felt so bad. Like hax. It was a new player too, so he probably thought I was haxing :( We were both like wtf. I wasn’t doing anything unusual, just standing blocking an attack in front of me (not crouching, not looking up or anything). He said he clearly stabbed me in the back and I’m SURE he did, because I’ve ran into this bug so many times.

Edit: Also, this response might sound kind of “scrambled”…I got like 2 hours of sleep last night.

• AFAIK there is an issue with parry/blocking where it creates a larger than normal parry/shield box around the player which can catch peoples attacks coming from behind or angles where they shouldn’t be able to parry/block.

Very annoying and very prevalent.

• @DokB:

AFAIK there is an issue with parry/blocking where it creates a larger than normal parry/shield box around the player which can catch peoples attacks coming from behind or angles where they shouldn’t be able to parry/block.

Very annoying and very prevalent.

Yes, it’s extremely frustrating. I’m surprised a post hasn’t been made about it already, but better later than never :D