DW - Your connection to the host has been lost.

• Can’t join any servers?

• Hello UberP.

Welcome to the forums. :)

Hopefully I can assist you with your problem.

Now given that this is a beta, I’m not 100% sure if it’s related to that or it may be a server connection issue.

What you can do is restart the game and/or restart Steam to make sure that the connection goes through. Hopefully when you restart it, it shall work.

There is also one more thing. I’m going to quote/steal one of the developer’s post:

@Tibberius:

You should also ensure that you are not opted into any other beta programs or branches for the game. You can do this by right clicking on the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare beta game in your library and selecting properties. Then go to the betas tab and ensure the dropdown is set to “None-opt out of all beta programs” .

If when you launch the game you are seeing an environment on the background of the main menu - you are not launching the correct branch of the beta and will not see any servers.

• How do I opt out of the sdk beta? I can navigate to the drop down menu but it’s locked or something, I can’t change it.

edit: Nvm, wound up reinstalling the beta to opt out of the sdk. But was there an easier way?

• @ThomasAquinas:

How do I opt out of the sdk beta? I can navigate to the drop down menu but it’s locked or something, I can’t change it.

edit: Nvm, wound up reinstalling the beta to opt out of the sdk. But was there an easier way?

I’m not sure if there is a way for the sdk beta. You can try to follow the instructions I already posted and see if there is any beta about SDK. If not, right click on the main game and see if there is an option to opt out of the SDK there.

However, I don’t believe there is a way.

• If you use the Chivarly Beta shortcut and choose a DW server you will get this.

Running Beta from steam library and it will prompt you to choose which version e.g. Deadliest Warrior and then those servers will work.

• Thanks for everyone’s suggestions.

However none of them seemed to help, except Gregcau’s suggestion gave me an idea. Simply running from steam library didn’t give me the option to pick which one(MW / DW) to load. However, upon right clicking, there lied the button “Play Game…” and surprisingly under that was “Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior Beta”. Et voila, I now have my grubby mitts on the game!

I’m so happy I’m going to cry while I merrily slaughter.