Drags and delays

• A few people have pointed out that the combat has been slightly sped up, which makes it a lot more difficult to drag weapons. For instance it is now pretty much impossible to do an overhead delay - especially with the longer weapons such as the Halberd.

I for one think drags and delays were a good part of CMW due to the fact that they required a level of skill. If they are harder to execute in CDW will that mean people will rely more on feints? I definitely prefer the slower gameplay in CMW.

What are your thoughts?

P.S I understand that this a beta and not the finished product.

• I think drags were a great aspect of MW’s gameplay, and should not have gotten nerfed down so hard.

• ???

Combat is sped up yes but it doesn’t make it impossible to drag. You realise that the times of parries have also been shortened.

• @lemonater47:

You realise that the times of parries have also been shortened.

Are you sure about this? I don’t think so, really, but it’d be great if that was the case.

• @B4RK:

@lemonater47:

You realise that the times of parries have also been shortened.

Are you sure about this? I don’t think so, really, but it’d be great if that was the case.

Yep. Noticed it way back in June.

• Dragging was one of, if not my favorite part of MW. High skill ceiling, difficult to master, and so flexible. But now dragging is worthless. Absolutely worthless. With DW’s stupid speeds you can sprint out of anything. Matrixing is also worthless now. The entire combat system in DW revolves around footwork. So the only thing you can do is use footwork (sprint everywhere) to make your enemy miss and then hit them during recovery.

Feints are also stupid now. Feints in MW were annoying, but you COULD learn to read them It takes a LONG time, but you can learn to read feints, which is extremely rewarding. Because everything is so fucking fast in DW, including weapons, feints are impossible to read. Impossible.

I’m done ranting.

• @Flippy:

Dragging was one of, if not my favorite part of MW. High skill ceiling, difficult to master, and so flexible. But now dragging is worthless. Absolutely worthless. With DW’s stupid speeds you can sprint out of anything. Matrixing is also worthless now. The entire combat system in DW revolves around footwork. So the only thing you can do is use footwork (sprint everywhere) to make your enemy miss and then hit them during recovery.

Feints are also stupid now. Feints in MW were annoying, but you COULD learn to read them It takes a LONG time, but you can learn to read feints, which is extremely rewarding. Because everything is so fucking fast in DW, including weapons, feints are impossible to read. Impossible.

I’m done ranting.

So much dumb in this post >.<

Dragging difficult to master? Fuck no! It took anybody half an hour of playing to master that tecnique. Difficult to master to defend against? Maybe.

Feints and dragging both took a nerf. But both are far from useless. Feints took a nerf due to the fast parry recovery, now you can usually parry another time if you see that you got feinted. Dragging took a nerf due to the way they reworked the damage system, but is still very usuefull for “out-blading” your opponent.

But hey, if you like slow poke medieval times, I believe that game is still running.

• @Flippy:

Dragging was one of, if not my favorite part of MW. High skill ceiling, difficult to master, and so flexible. But now dragging is worthless. Absolutely worthless. With DW’s stupid speeds you can sprint out of anything. Matrixing is also worthless now. The entire combat system in DW revolves around footwork. So the only thing you can do is use footwork (sprint everywhere) to make your enemy miss and then hit them during recovery.

I’m done ranting.

I agree with everything you have said. I was trying to play CDW like CMW but got my ass handed to me everytime. All you need to do to be succesful in CDW is Sprint around your opponent whilst spamming lmb. I am going to give the beta the benefit of the doubt and wait untill full release, but i am guessing i will be returning to CMW.

• @lemonater47:

???

Combat is sped up yes but it doesn’t make it impossible to drag. You realise that the times of parries have also been shortened.

Tell that to the insta-parry knights…

Drags were a horribly easy concept to abuse, ESPECIALLY using zweihander or maul… it made newcommers quit the game before they even got a chance to know what a faint is… or how to master that…

you say skill - i say movement abuse… the maul was not created with the intention of being able to instantly hit or hit slower by making a few ducks and forward/backward looking moves… i hope you guys understand that dragging in C:MW was horribly flawed and never the intention of the developers. someone on the steam forums tried to convince me to believe that drags(abuse) was intentionally put into the game… even though it took months before the first person came to learn about this technique… even torn banner was unaware of it… if it had been an intentional concept in the game, the tutorial would have learned players about it… alas it didn’t… but you are not completely left without hope… dragging (slightly more balanced) is still in the game, but not to the extent of Maul and Zweihander.

if you love C:MW so much for it flaws (drags) i suggest you stay there.

Case Closed…

• I tried to delay a drag, didn’t work, the dude just hittraded right after his block stopped so yeah doesn’t really work the way it used to. And I’ve also noticed that people feinting just waste stamina as you can run away far enough for them not to hit you afterwards.

• The dragging in chivalry medieval warfare made the game look like 2 men dancing around each other it was pathetic to watch. I rather have feints than the drags from CMW.

Though you can still drag just not as retarded as in CMW.

If you want me to change your mind about draging ing CMW, just name a date and server ^^

• @Flippy:

Because everything is so fucking fast in DW, including weapons, feints are impossible to read. Impossible.

I’m done ranting.

What? Feints are for most part easier to read than in CMW because the feint window is microscopic.

• @shockofdaylight:

@Flippy:

I’m done ranting.

I agree with everything you have said. I was trying to play CDW like CMW but got my ass handed to me everytime. All you need to do to be succesful in CDW is Sprint around your opponent whilst spamming lmb. I am going to give the beta the benefit of the doubt and wait untill full release, but i am guessing i will be returning to CMW.

This is exactly what I encountered. Tried to play it like CMW and ending up getting decimated. Then I did the constant sprint around your enemy while spamming LMB tactic and I ended up getting around top place. The game is just so shitty it’s insane. If TB’s intention was to replace drags/delays with this, well….I don’t think I’ll ever buy a game from them again.

• @lemonater47:

@lemonater47:

That’s just an anecdotal observation, is there any actual confirmation on this?
    Because my experience is that the extremely small amount that you can drag isn’t long enough to get around a parry.

• @Alyx:

@lemonater47:

@lemonater47:

That’s just an anecdotal observation, is there any actual confirmation on this?
    Because my experience is that the extremely small amount that you can drag isn’t long enough to get around a parry.

Is for me. You have to learn to drag again.

What I don’t think they have changed is the speed your mouse gets slowed down too when swinging and winding up. Its probably the same as in C:MW.

• @lemonater47:

Is for me. You have to learn to drag again.
    What I don’t think they have changed is the speed your mouse gets slowed down too when swinging and winding up. Its probably the same as in C:MW.

Which weapon(s) have you found to be effective at dragging?