"Nice!"

• I know most of the focus is on DW right now but this actually goes for both games. Somewhere in the future, I would like to see a “Nice!” (bad name, I know) voice command. Well, how is it any different from Respect? It actually isn’t that much different, but the way I see it, Respect is something you would use AFTER a good fight. This could be something to use when your teammate gets an awesome kill or whatever. Although they could just add more voices for the Respect command. Most of Mason Knight’s Respects sound more like taunts. I think they could do well with a few additions, such as " <mason knight="" laugh="">…good one" etc. I’m not really creative when it comes to thinking about stuff like this.

Now if they did add a new voice command, which number would it be bound to? They’re all used already. Well, I was thinking the button to the left of number one. I know it’s typically used to open up console (wasn’t for me though, mine opens from Ö but not everyone has Ö in their keyboards) but I don’t think it’s used that often. I’m sure console could be bound to pretty much whatever.

For the sake of consistency, a “Wait!” command could be added to Tactical Messages.</mason>

• +1 A “nice” would be… nice!

How about a key to open a second site of voice-commands?

• Yeah this would be cool.

• Fixing the VIOP in game would be far more preferable……

• Personally, I think they should have made the “Respect” command so vague that it could be used for both friendlies and enemies. So that something like “You fight well, but for the wrong side” would just be “You fight well!” Or whatever the vanguard is saying.

• @Retsnom:

Fixing the VIOP in game would be far more preferable……

Not really, because voice chat is global, so its kind of irrelevant when you’re trying to communicate to the person next to you and not everyone on the whole map.
    Voice is only going to be more useful when you need to command an entire team, but typically voice just degenerates and would be better off in private chat, so people can reveal their personal desires to each other there, rather then in a computer game……
    But then if you were properly organised for team play you’d be using ventrilo…or some other.

• AOC and the HL2 engine had amazing VOIP. There really was no need for any side viop programs. So in a scrimmage the admin would simply turn off ALLTALK that that would keep audio only being broadcast to the team you played on. The voip in HL2 also had a shit ton of support and you could use HLDJ and create and play your own taunts or troll sound bites which were freaking epic.

Currently this game is lacking seriously in the VOIP department so that you are forced to use a 3rd party voip client. The game may look prettier but is far from as fun in the VOIP department.

• Yeah VOIP is always lacking in so many games….even wow.

• Good idea! Yeah it’s also cool in old duel servers. When I watch the fight I always want to tell the winner that he did well, but it sounds weird if you say: “I would like thy, if you were not a traitor!”

I also have an idea for a new voicecommand: “Forgive”. So when someone says “Sorry”, you have an answer for it, instead of using the thanks or yes command (which sometimes can sounds pretty stupid).
    “Oh I thought you were somebody else!” -“I wholeheartedly agree!”

Something like “It’s alright” or “No worries, I’m alright” would fit well. And the mason knight already has a suited phrase when “apologizing”. “These things… they happen!” would be a nice “forgive” command I think.

• I would like some creative voice commands to commend people on their customization colors.

• great idea but dont change the console comand, i could just imagine the bugs that they would create for server admins who use the console my friend.

tilde key should remain the console always no matter what.

Retsnom wrote:

The voip in HL2 also had a shit ton of support and you could use HLDJ and create and play your own taunts or troll sound bites which were freaking epic.

sounds like unreal tourneys taunts, ut also has this kind of feature and servers ran diff voice packs which you could use if you also had it, was very epic and really made the game alot more fun.

they should have done some research on unreal games since they chose that engine to make the game and we woulda had a lot more epic stuff to use in this game.

anyone that has played a modded ut server knows what true epic gaming is, and what im talking about.
    the nerfest we are currently playing is def not it.

• With the HL2 engine, the VOIP taunts were not server based. You could create your own taunts and play them with hot keys. What would happen is that you had a folder where you placed your audio sound bites that were compresed in a folder and they would be played over the VOIP so that everyone could hear them. This would not bog the server down with uploaded and downloaded sound files.

With how the ALLTALK admin command worked you could keep VOIP team side for scrims. It was brilliant. It is so sad to see such an advance in gaming with the HL2 engine go backwards with the UDK engine. There really should be no need for a third party VIOP in any game if the netcode and games were designed and configed properly.

This way you can actually use your mic and say “Man great fight!” or “Sorry for the TK” by pressing one button and talking instead of several buttons navigating through a sea of prerecorded files.

• well actually it doesnt bog the servers down at all, cause unreal has redirect capabilities to handle that so your downloading from it doesnt effect the people playing in it.
    and unreal plays a 100 times better then this game ever will dude, if you ever played it you would know that Retsnom.

in unreal you can download every mod the server has while you are conecting thus not requiring you to go to a 3rd part site to find mods alienating every one from the game and very hard for ppl who have never done it to try and do.

and in unreal you set your comands up in a voice comand menu in your options, and each taunt etc is just 1 button to press, chivalry isnt anywhere near ut’s capabilities by the way it was made dude, dont blame the engine for their lack of research and testing to what an engine was designed for is capable of.

i would love the ability to talk to players in voip as well, but its just as you said the netcode in games arent designed around it cause 3rd party voips like teamspeak3 and axon blow away any ingame voice i have ever used.

• I agree with most of what you said except that HL2 engine has superior VOIP even better than any third party VOIP or game I have played. HL2 > Unreal any day of the week because it also had up/down server sound files as well as remote file server access on top of a superior VIOP than any game I have played. There was nothing like playing AOC with quake taunts and kids screaming over the mic…. Man i miss those days

• i dont i remember using the voip in hl2 dm sadly i wish i would have, lol.
    i think we were on teamspeak 1 back then during ut 99,hl2 and battlefield vietnam days.
    but i remember the graphix being really great in hl2 though.

• @SavageBeatings:

Personally, I think they should have made the “Respect” command so vague that it could be used for both friendlies and enemies. So that something like “You fight well, but for the wrong side” would just be “You fight well!” Or whatever the vanguard is saying.

I agree.

@Peter:

Good idea! Yeah it’s also cool in old duel servers. When I watch the fight I always want to tell the winner that he did well, but it sounds weird if you say: “I would like thy, if you were not a traitor!”

I also have an idea for a new voicecommand: “Forgive”. So when someone says “Sorry”, you have an answer for it, instead of using the thanks or yes command (which sometimes can sounds pretty stupid).
    “Oh I thought you were somebody else!” -“I wholeheartedly agree!”

Something like “It’s alright” or “No worries, I’m alright” would fit well. And the mason knight already has a suited phrase when “apologizing”. “These things… they happen!” would be a nice “forgive” command I think.

That’s a great idea. Saying “yes” when someone apologizes for hitting you or something is a little out of place.

• @WARSAW:

i dont i remember using the voip in hl2 dm sadly i wish i would have, lol.
    i think we were on teamspeak 1 back then during ut 99,hl2 and battlefield vietnam days.
    but i remember the graphix being really great in hl2 though.

Well Age of Chivalry was built in the HL2 engine which of course was the predecessor to Chivalry and still free to play. If you havent played it DL it and really look at the maps and viop, better playability than most Chiv maps.

• Good idea, we could use some more voice commands. I was thinking the other day that we really need a “Stop hitting me, I’m on your side” command more than anything. I’m sick of shouting “I CAN’T”, “I DISAGREE” at all these colourblind warriors running around.

Though, I certainly don’t hope for those ridiculous “MULTIKILL” and “RAMPAGE” bullcrap sounds that were in counter strike and all that, nothing ruins immersion quite like those do. inb4 lol immersion nerd

• “Nice” would be nice, but one thing that both C and DW need is “Stick together!”-command. I believe it would actually help in team games if you could spam “stick together”. None of the current commands work as substitude. Too often when game starts it’s like a horde of cats scattering in four winds.

• These are great ideas and I would like to add a “Wait!”, “Wait for me!”.