First impression from a ranged warrior

• thats my first impression guys
    3gXhbtAaCIU

• I see myself dying, woo. Anyhow the pirate seems a bit OP imo. I don’t like the spartans at all, they’re a pain to play with although the shield is a lot better than in MW. I love the bow as a samurai, it’s awesome. But I’m not that keen when it comes to the other samurai weapons. As I’ve always hated crossbows the knight class ranged combat is a bit annoying. Although having two crossbows is quite cool ;D

Other than that the rifle or the bow are awesome although the rifle is OP. I guess it takes a while to get into the new combat mechanisms and get the hits to land, but so far I’ve raged more in this game during 2 hours of gameplay than during my 800+ hours in chiv.

• @Xylvion:

I see myself dying, woo. Anyhow the pirate seems a bit OP imo. I don’t like the spartans at all, they’re a pain to play with although the shield is a lot better than in MW. I love the bow as a samurai, it’s awesome. But I’m not that keen when it comes to the other samurai weapons. As I’ve always hated crossbows the knight class ranged combat is a bit annoying. Although having two crossbows is quite cool ;D

Other than that the rifle or the bow are awesome although the rifle is OP. I guess it takes a while to get into the new combat mechanisms and get the hits to land, but so far I’ve raged more in this game during 2 hours of gameplay than during my 800+ hours in chiv.

the rifle it’s really really easy to hit enemies with,but if your hit is not accurate you will make really low damage,but still it’s the best ranged weapon i agree.
    Spartans are easy to predict because the just stab and they need to get close with the shield,unless i use the uberlong spear i die easily,while many attack with spear weapons seems to be instant,that menas you can’t drag with em anymore,which makes them weaker than CMW ones.

• I agree that the rifle is easy to aim, and this coming from someone who sucked as an archer in MW.

• I thought Andrea was a girl archer. Sigh.

• I love the Yumi bow, Everytime we play against pirates vs ninjas on one stage the ninjas always get wrecked. Reminds me a little of the movie the last samurai with Tom Cruise :( We just get volleyed with rounds as soon as we exit any of the spawns allocated around the map and as soon as you get close enough to the pirates they just run around in an LMB fest looking down at the ground.

• @Peculiar:

I agree that the rifle is easy to aim, and this coming from someone who sucked as an archer in MW.

Maybe becuase its not a rifle but a shotgun. You can miss.

I’ve noticed on the receiving end of the blunderbuss its like the grand tickle gun. If you are a heavy class and at range of over 15 metres. Close range insta death.

Even with pirates vs ninjas the ninjas are taking about 3 blunderbuss hits. Pistole one hits them but thats about to change according to slygoat.

Bow and crossbow will win against a pistole. Unless the pirate gets a lucky shot.

• I don’t have a key to the beta, but i’m wondering does the flint lock have a fuse delay? It’d be an interesting touch and balance things out a bit.

• I find the spartans to be awesome, when used properly. Soften an enemy with a javelin, then quickly switch to sword and flurry him with shield / sword combos.

@giantyak:

I don’t have a key to the beta, but i’m wondering does the flint lock have a fuse delay? It’d be an interesting touch and balance things out a bit.

The blunderbuss has a very small delay when fired, but does not change things much - you learn to compensate in 5 minutes. The pistol fires instantaneously.

• @lemonater47:

@Peculiar:

I agree that the rifle is easy to aim, and this coming from someone who sucked as an archer in MW.

Maybe becuase its not a rifle but a shotgun. You can miss.

I’ve noticed on the receiving end of the blunderbuss its like the grand tickle gun. If you are a heavy class and at range of over 15 metres. Close range insta death.

Even with pirates vs ninjas the ninjas are taking about 3 blunderbuss hits. Pistole one hits them but thats about to change according to slygoat.

Bow and crossbow will win against a pistole. Unless the pirate gets a lucky shot.

at first i was playing it like a rifle,thats why i couldn’t kill anyone,thanks lemon

• WTF… A RUSSIAN WHO KNOWS ENGLISH!?? (sry for the assumption)
    ITS THE END TIMES!! WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

• @SirBlade:

I love the Yumi bow, Everytime we play against pirates vs ninjas on one stage the ninjas always get wrecked. Reminds me a little of the movie the last samurai with Tom Cruise :( We just get volleyed with rounds as soon as we exit any of the spawns allocated around the map and as soon as you get close enough to the pirates they just run around in an LMB fest looking down at the ground.

Hehe, and most times when I’ve played Pirate vs Ninja, the pirates get slaughtered! Maybe because a good team of ninjas are so darn dangerous. Even if all the pirates equip guns, the ninjas sprint at you in zig zag from all directions, you don’t hear them if you get flanked, you don’t hear your friends behind you being chopped down because the thunder of the guns are deafening. And if you miss with your blunderbus, which is only effective in rather short range, then you have to switch to melee and against a good ninja you are fucked. People who were good as MaA will be better as ninjas, I tell you!

So yeah, the Pirate vs Ninja matches I experienced - first there was a lot of boom boom ker-pow and then there were a lot of pirates being clawed down while trying to rub smoke from their eyes. So you could take the example of the movie The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise, except it’s like the battle scene where Tom leads the riflemen against the mounted samurais in the forest. Samurais are charging! Boom boom boom boom! Samurais are dropping dead, but they are not slowing down! Now they enter in melee and the riflemen are fucked! Tom Cruise makes a last stand, brave pirate with boarding axe that he is.

Ok, I admit, pirates did take down a big chunk of ninjas, but the ninjas still won each time.