Noob, how does faint work ?

• Hey just begining that incredible game !

Never played chivalry before but i love the new classes so i decided to buy both games on steam.

My problem is i cannot find out how faint work. I see videos where dudes can lift their left hand before striking but the key bind is the same as parry. So if i use right click it parries and i get no faint.

I ve tried to bind it to q but when i click on it nothing happens. Am i missing a timing or something ?

Thx all and have fun.

• Hello Krenen.

Welcome to the forums and to Chivalry. :)

Glad you’re enjoying the games.

As for the feints, the default input for feints is Q. I know you figured out how to change input but for those that don’t know, go to configuration then to keybinds. To make sure that what you changed does get saved, make sure to click on the save button then return. If you only click on return, it will undo any changes you have made.

As for the timing itself, you will only feint if you do it in the beginning of an attack. If you wait till long, the attack will go through.

To find out more about feints and other tactics, there are a lot of great tutorials on Youtube. Also, there is a tactics and tutorials section found here:

Tactics and Tutorials

• thanks got it now…

So faint doesnt work with 2 handed weaps thought right ?

• Feint works will all melee weapons. The timing for each one may vary so just keep practicing to get it down right.

A big part of this game is learning your weapon. Learn the timing and the distance your weapon. From there start to learn more of the basics then eventually you’ll learn more of the advanced techniques.

• @Keith:

Feint works will all melee weapons. The timing for each one may vary so just keep practicing to get it down right.

Are you 100% sure. Looks pretty bugged for some weapons to me.

• @gregcau:

@Keith:

Feint works will all melee weapons. The timing for each one may vary so just keep practicing to get it down right.

Are you 100% sure. Looks pretty bugged for some weapons to me.

Works with all weapons minus Viking two handers, which might be a bug. I doubt anyone would design it like that on purpose.

• Feints work by making everyone hate you.

• @lemonater47:

Feints work by making everyone hate you.

I think you mixed it up somehow. I’ll correct it real quick:

@lemonater47:

Making everyone hate you work by feints.