Stuck on rank, gaining no experience.

• Since the last two patches I’ve been unable to rank up and gain any experience completely. I’ve put in about 40 hours since then and am rank 37. Before that I was gaining a rank about every 15 hours. I started to wonder when I’d played about 20 hours and nothing, so I kept playing, and eventually figured out how to check your experience in the game file. However, for the most part, I gain 0 experience no matter what I do. I did gain a little yesterday, but then it stopped again, and after playing 8 or so more hours, gained nothing.

The UDKstats file is updating, but somehow my experience does not increase, and I don’t think any of the kills are either, but I haven’t been keeping track of them. I only play on official servers. This kind of kills my desire to play, so any help is appreciated.

• Hi,

Did you increase in rank suddenly at any point? there were some bugs that mean people jumped up rapidly to a high rank (such as 37) when in fact they should be a lower rank. For example if someone was rank 15 then jumped to 37, to get to rank 38 would require doing all the kills for ranks 16-37 too, so often people got stuck on these ranks for some time. I ask as 40 hours isn’t that much for rank 37. Also the ranks do increase exponentially, so it might be part fo the problem?

• @MonkeyFiend:

Hi,

Did you increase in rank suddenly at any point? there were some bugs that mean people jumped up rapidly to a high rank (such as 37) when in fact they should be a lower rank. For example if someone was rank 15 then jumped to 37, to get to rank 38 would require doing all the kills for ranks 16-37 too, so often people got stuck on these ranks for some time. I ask as 40 hours isn’t that much for rank 37. Also the ranks do increase exponentially, so it might be part fo the problem?

No, ranks have been increasing steadily up until this point. The only problem I’ve had is that several times I’d have to rank up multiple times to actually gain the rank. I’d rank up, and when the map changed I’d be the same rank I was the previous map. I would then have to get the same amount of kills and do rank up again. Sometimes I would have to do this a few times, sometimes just once. But I’ve never gained more than one rank.

I get a lot of kills and rank up pretty fast, the past 2-3 ranks took me about 10-15 hours each to complete, so this one taking more than 40 (probably closer to 50 now) is a concern. I check the UDKstats file and it seems that often my total experience and kills do not increase at all, it remains exactly the same as before. It seems like there’s just some error that is causing my kills to not be recorded.