How to get a refund

• Can someone tell me how I could go about getting a refund? Please don’t go on and on about “it’s beta” blah blah blah. I really just don’t like the game; I was a huge MW fan, but I am really just not enjoying this expansion whatsoever, so I’d like to get a refund. Is this possible TB or am I screwed? (btw, I’ll be perfectly willing to buy the game if the issues I have are changed, but until then I’d like my money back)

• @cfisher6:

Can someone tell me how I could go about getting a refund? Please don’t go on and on about “it’s beta” blah blah blah. I really just don’t like the game; I was a huge MW fan, but I am really just not enjoying this expansion whatsoever, so I’d like to get a refund. Is this possible TB or am I screwed? (btw, I’ll be perfectly willing to buy the game if the issues I have are changed, but until then I’d like my money back)

You’re going to have to contact Steam about that one. They usually provide refunds for games that are less than a couple hours old in your library, so hop to it. Say you had technical issues and it ran poorly on your computer, they tend to sympathize with that.

• I’m not sure how “I don’t like this game” is an issue with the game itself.

• @Xylvion:

I’m not sure how “I don’t like this game” is an issue with the game itself.

Yeah steam won’t give you a refund just because you don’t like it.

Origin does now. But this game isn’t on origin.

• gamers are such brats. the CMW community certainly reinforces that notion.

“omg this game is not as fun as i thought WHERE IS MY REFUND?”

• As far as I understand it, Steam’s policy is to give refunds for preorders before the game is released. I’m not entirely sure if this applies to games with beta/early access, however. Either way, you’ll have to contact Valve.

• @cfisher6:

Can someone tell me how I could go about getting a refund?

Just ask steam support. Steam will typically give one gimmie refund to to an account in good standing where they let you get a refund for stupid/inane/this-game-is-a-bowl-of-dicks reasons.

@SlyGoat:

As far as I understand it, Steam’s policy is to give refunds for preorders before the game is released.

Gimmie refunds aside, Steam doesn’t acknowledge early access as pre-orders and typically wont give refunds. You basically agree when you purchase that the game is in an unfinished state and that there will be problems

• @Granberia:

@cfisher6:

Can someone tell me how I could go about getting a refund?

Just ask steam support. Steam will typically give one gimmie refund to to an account in good standing where they let you get a refund for stupid/inane/this-game-is-a-bowl-of-dicks reasons.

@SlyGoat:

As far as I understand it, Steam’s policy is to give refunds for preorders before the game is released.

Gimmie refunds aside, Steam doesn’t acknowledge early access as pre-orders and typically wont give refunds. You basically agree when you purchase that the game is in an unfinished state and that there will be problems

Well, DW isn’t actually tagged as early access - just a “preorder and get beta access” deal.

• @christobass:

gamers are such brats. the CMW community certainly reinforces that notion.

Fuck off guy. Seriously, if I don’t like the game, then I don’t like the game. It’s too different from MW, and I really just hate–and I mean hate–the changes that have been made. Considering it was a pre-order, I don’t think it’s much to ask for a refund. If you don’t like that, then tough shit. I don’t care. I wanted information on how to get a refund, not to hear this typical “ooh whiny brat gamers” bullshit.

Thanks for everyone who actually provided information instead of having a hissy fit because some person didn’t like what they like. And TB: I’ll be more than willing to buy this game if the combat changes into something more akin to MW, with drags/pivots and what not.

• ???

You can drag. Combats just sped up a tad. But there’s nothing stopping you from dragging.

• I feel your pain bro. I wish I never bought this piece of garbage expansion.

• Yeah I acutaly bought mine from this site its cheeper. Still I reget it and im furious don’t think i’ll pre order a game from these guys again.

I paid $50 for kickstarter thinking yeah i’ll do the guys a favour and maybe get some kind of reward for it. Yeah I got a kickstarter helm for maybe a month a load of pixels that is completeley useless, where is it now fuck knows? How naive I was.

I still dont understand why it was rushed so much, im sure this game should still be in early alpha.

I’m trying to test this game but the issuses are that obvious the devs clearly know they are there and are wasting my time.

• @Wrath:

Yeah I acutaly bought mine from this site its cheeper. Still I reget it and im furious don’t think i’ll pre order a game from these guys again.

I paid $50 for kickstarter thinking yeah i’ll do the guys a favour and maybe get some kind of reward for it. Yeah I got a kickstarter helm for maybe a month a load of pixels that is completeley useless, where is it now fuck knows? How naive I was.

I still dont understand why it was rushed so much, im sure this game should still be in early alpha.

I’m trying to test this game but the issuses are that obvious the devs clearly know they are there and are wasting my time.

As an alpha tester the game is near perfect compared to the actual alpha.

An alpha and beta is whatever the devs decide it to be. There’s no rule book saying it should be in this particular state and that these can’t be broken. It can be whatever state they want it to be in.

Problem is people don’t get this anymore.

Things that are obvious are fine. They know about them. A beta is there so they know about the bugs. I’d rather them find the core bugs instead of the obvious ones first.

This is a beta not early access. Don’t expect a complete game. Don’t judge the finished product on the beta.

• All you need to do is contact Steam support and ask for one. That said, that does not mean you will get it. When you pre-order something, you have paid for it and are obliged to accept the game in the way it is given. You are trapped with the EULA you agreed to on Steam.

Now, this does not mean Valve never gives refunds, they actually do, but I have yet to hear one case of someone getting their money back because they did not like it. They give refunds when the game legitimately does not work, so at that point, your only way would be to lie, and I imagine you have a few hours in the game, so your case is already lost in their eyes. Sorry, but just cut your losses, hope it’s alright by the time it comes out. Who knows, if you leave it be you might like it when it’s out.

• @cfisher6:

@christobass:

gamers are such brats. the CMW community certainly reinforces that notion.

Fuck off guy. Seriously, if I don’t like the game, then I don’t like the game. It’s too different from MW, and I really just hate–and I mean hate–the changes that have been made. Considering it was a pre-order, I don’t think it’s much to ask for a refund. If you don’t like that, then tough shit. I don’t care. I wanted information on how to get a refund, not to hear this typical “ooh whiny brat gamers” bullshit.

Thanks for everyone who actually provided information instead of having a hissy fit because some person didn’t like what they like. And TB: I’ll be more than willing to buy this game if the combat changes into something more akin to MW, with drags/pivots and what not.

You really shouldn’t ask for a refund because you didn’t like something. It’s like asking for a refund when you walk out of the cinema.

And is it so hard to just watch a few videos of the gameplay before you buy it?