Good To Know Maps Will Be Cut In Half For Live

• I probably didn’t need to make this thread
    but just in case

these maps are really shitty to play on
    they’re made for 64 player servers but the servers can’t even handle anything over 32 without adding 100 ping to everyone’s connection

what is the point of such big maps when a server will never be that full?
    I am playing hide and seek half of the game, looking for people to cut

congrats on making them pretty though…
    they are very pretty

• maps can be cut in half and will still play well with 32 players

i know this because i’ve been in a 32 player game and basically the major fights and people trickling in used only 1 half of the map

• @BB:

I probably didn’t need to make this thread
    but just in case

they’re made for 64 player servers but the servers can’t even handle anything over 32 without adding 100 ping to everyone’s connection

they are very pretty

My 64 slot server only adds about 30 ping!

• When the tech admins at GON get yet butts into gear we can have 64 player servers down here even. 24 core beasts.

• @Raizio:

Is this true? Because I’m having a hard time believing that’s possible in this game, really.

• Cut down maps for smaller playercounts are coming soon. It’s a lot easier to make large maps and cut them down later than to turn a small map into a bigger one.

• @Raizio:

Even if the ping looks ok, these servers are unplayable if you are a bit more experienced in the game. I know I sound like a cock, but beginners will obviously have fun in a 64 player brawl, they don’t notice the flaws. But the combat suffers from increased ghosts, phantoms, desyncs and teleports that are not honestly represented by the ping. Anything about 24 players is near unplayable.

• @Raizio:

@BB:

I probably didn’t need to make this thread
    but just in case

they are very pretty

I can confirm that. Yesterday we were testing simrai 64p server and I had ~70-90 ping like 3/4 of the people in the server.

• @SlyGoat:

Cut down maps for smaller playercounts are coming soon. It’s a lot easier to make large maps and cut them down later than to turn a small map into a bigger one.

awesome
    just making sure

• @lemonater47:

When the tech admins at GON get yet butts into gear we can have 64 player servers down here even. 24 core beasts.

Sadly it’s not the core amount that counts…

• @lemonater47:

When the tech admins at GON get yet butts into gear we can have 64 player servers down here even. 24 core beasts.

I hope this is true.

• I like bigger maps, small maps give me claustrofobia

• @Raizio:

@lemonater47:

Sadly it’s not the core amount that counts…

The rest of the specs were pretty impressive, can’t remember them though. And the bandwidth speed varies on location. Australian Internet is not the best.

Normal chivalry hardly uses the server. Pings are what you expect with people playing from NZ and the islands. People using wifi and others with the shittest connections. Citadel spikes the pings near the end of the game for some strange reason. The official servers managed to half their ping and compete with our servers. But desyncs and lag spikes still plagued them.

Also wyrda the senior admin is asking about better admin support here. So we are getting them. So the 4 private servers we have, one of which is down another has shit connection and another which is passworded will not have to be relied on anymore.

That’s another thing we need better admin support an an RCON that bloody works. Torn banner doesn’t even use the RCON on the official servers. At lead make some new console commands.

• IF they were clever, they would make team based progressive capture point maps which change spawns when capture points are achieved. That way the maps are still big but you can only access certain parts of them at at time.