Is this expansion as bad as I think it is?

• Edit: I may have downloaded a considerably outdated “sdk” version. The following information may be more incorrect than usual.

So I decided to give the tutorial level a whirl since no servers where showing on the server browser.

First thing I notice is flinches are essentially gone. What… How could you even begin to justify the essential removal of flinching? I’m sitting there fighting the bots, trying different weapons with the knight, and bots are literally swinging through my attacks. It was laughably bad; as in I was literally laughing through my frustration. I was able to beat most of em down with the polearm by resorting to pure combo spam without stopping.

Also am I detecting that all attacks are faster now? Very confused as the class balance just seems like a clusterfuck. I mean the knight has a crossbow, a shield, and a polearm? Is there even a reason to play another class? It’s in “beta” and not even all the weapons are skinned, animations look pretty shitty, weapons clipping through my back, no new voice acting. I came into this very optimistically and it looks like I’m leaving it wanting a refund.

• +1 OP, I feel the same. Grabbing a big, long weapon, sprinting and LMB’ing everywhere is so rewarding it’s stupid. I took on a 4v1 with the Halberd and I actually won. Not because I was good or had any idea what I was doing, but because I just sprinted in weird patterns and LMB’ed until they dropped. You could do the same kind of spam in MW, but you would get punished hard if your combo was interrupted.

• no new voice acting?

what?

play more and then tell us your opinion. you clearly didn’t try everything out.

• flinch is in, pretty sure that’s just a problem with the bots guy

• @christobass:

no new voice acting?

what?

I think he is refering to the knight and Viking which he is right. Using the vanguard out of MW for viking is disgusting and dosent make much sense I would rather him not say anything.

• They didn’t finish the voice acting for the viking yet. You think they would leave it as vanguard? lol

• @Wrath:

@christobass:

no new voice acting?

what?

I think he is refering to the knight and Viking which he is right. Using the vanguard out of MW for viking is disgusting and dosent make much sense I would rather him not say anything.

Vikings voice is just placeholder temporarily >.<

• @Hitom:

@Wrath:

@christobass:

no new voice acting?

what?

Vikings voice is just placeholder temporarily >.<

Thanks for saying the obvious.

• @Wrath:

@dudeface:

They didn’t finish the voice acting for the viking yet. You think they would leave it as vanguard? lol

you are active on these formus which is good but all you do is talk shit and say the obvious get a fucking clue.

Dudeface, do not forget to keep this little piece of gold in mind when you read this guy’s reply:
    @Wrath:

Like i said this community is shit because of cunts such as yourself.

• i don’t know what’s up with flinch… i have my issues enough with flinch in medieval warfare, but now it’s problematic in DW too. Who is writing the flinch code? They need some assistance i believe. Flinch you are right is basically non existent, but it’s somewhat there… but even flinches are very short when they do happen and you have to be really on top of your combos to avoid hit trades. Flinch during release carried over as well which annoys the piss out of me.

• I got flinched in release twice in a row earlier today, to top it off an archer killed me.

• @SavageBeatings:

@Wrath:

@dudeface:

They didn’t finish the voice acting for the viking yet. You think they would leave it as vanguard? lol

you are active on these formus which is good but all you do is talk shit and say the obvious get a fucking clue.

Dudeface, do not forget to keep this little piece of gold in mind when you read this guy’s reply:
    @Wrath:

Like i said this community is shit because of cunts such as yourself.

Thanks I noted it down in my journal.

• Wrath doesn’t seem to realise that this is a beta.

Also blue tracers don’t cause flinches. If you played the training you should know about the new damage system suggested by the community. Blue tracers cause the least amount of damage and don’t flinch. Feature.

• I don’t understand how anyone can hate this game. I thought it was going to be really bad at first, but then I got hold of it and played it. I love it.

• You can play the tutorial? For me it’s not highlighted so I can’t select it.

• @akazi:

You can play the tutorial? For me it’s not highlighted so I can’t select it.

Lol they don’t want you to play it.

You can get to it by console command “open tut_training”. I think.

Completely unfinished so don expect it to be anywhere close to perfect. The bots in the gauntlet stage are better than bots in MW. They actually block you.

• @lemonater47:

@akazi:

Completely unfinished so don expect it to be anywhere close to perfect. The bots in the gauntlet stage are better than bots in MW. They actually block you.

Not must not be the right command. It says it doesn’t exist.

• @akazi:

@lemonater47:

@akazi:

Not must not be the right command. It says it doesn’t exist.

Ahh its “open tut-training”. A dash not an underscore.

• I’d have to say so. Everything about the game just feels horrendous. I never thought it was possible, but TB have actually managed to make a game which encourages LMB face spamming more than MW. God damn am I really hating this game atm; it’s just so damn terrible. Really hoping steam gives me my refund.

• Hail my fellow steel and wood wielding lunatics! For I come baring the joyous bounty of informations!

So yeah looks like I was unknowingly opted into the “sdk” beta thinger so that may or may not have placed me into some old version of DW or something. Maybe that’s had an effect downloading the correct one. Certainly is what caused me to not be able play online.

Anyway, this may have invalidated the entire OP. Woopsie-daisy.

@christobass:

no new voice acting?

what?

Yeah the version I was playing had absolutely no new voice acting other than maybe the pirate which was unplayable. Also the ninja’s weapons were unskinned and misaligned? Again, could be a result of me using this SDK version.

@BB:

flinch is in, pretty sure that’s just a problem with the bots guy

Yeah this is what I was thinking. I simply couldn’t believe it was like that in the online version, no way I’d be the only one pissed. I’m also aware that flinches were still “in” but they certainly didn’t take affect in situations when they absolutely should have. Probably a result of the old version.

@lemonater47:

Wrath doesn’t seem to realise that this is a beta.

Also blue tracers don’t cause flinches. If you played the training you should know about the new damage system suggested by the community. Blue tracers cause the least amount of damage and don’t flinch. Feature.

Yeah I played that little tracer section of the tutorial and remember reading that post a while back. Seemed like a good idea, but holy shit the implementation I was seeing was absolutely a deal breaker for me. Let’s hope its not really like that.