How to turn DW into an amazing game

• heres my personal list on how in my opinion torn banner could turn DW into an amazing game and much better then what it is now.

im going to keep this short

1. Map optimization and bug fixes

Fix the unoptimized maps like Bamboo (aka remove useless shit on the map like water under the map etc).
    Fix the spots where you can get stuck on maps
    Fix the spawns
    Fix the small bugs that annoy people all day (ex. chat bug, hp regen bug, weapon switch bugs where you get stuck etc.)

2. SDK implementation and TO maps

This will play a huge role for the future of this game. Unfortunately TBS decided not to add TO maps, but lucky for you torn banner you got the SDK sorted as we see in the release candidate.

So TO Maps for DW will come very soon just make sure you give us a good SDK implementation with auto download and the likes.

SUPPORT GOOD CUSTOM MAPS WITH NEWSLETTER

3. Balance and advanced mechanics

Reward skilled players and raise the skill ceiling again. Listen to the feedback from the closed beta and reintroduce things like kick jump and CFTP. Bring back the old FTP window for more player control.

^Stuff like this will play big roles for the game in the long run. Right now from what i have gathered most people feel like the game is unresponsive and sluggish with alot of hit trades. Gives us more player control, its important.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE WRONG FEEDBACK regarding the balance. Don’t make the same mistake again, seriously.

4. Range aspect of the game

Nerf range significantly, right now its rather anti fun. Make range rewarding for skilled players and harder to use. (ex. give headshots alot of damage but nerf body shots alot)

Rework blunderbusts concept, nerf pirates range but buff their melee and nerf flinch times from ranged weapons

5. Progression system

Give us some kind of progression system, rank + stats or something like that.

6. Misc stuff

Increase hp regen/speed or implement hp regen on taunts (seriously, its fine for CMW but for DW its way too slow, Do it.)
    Improve voting system on the end of round (more voting options)

my 2c

• totally agree,and i want to add that seems like the spartan while using the slower weapons needs more time to raise up the shield,giving a free hit to everyone thats close enough if they parry or you miss the hit,also when you hit somebody it doesn’t feel rewarding as it should be.

• I agree with everything in this post ^^

• @kywild:

I agree with everything in this post ^^

Yup.

• Seems legit.

• I don’t think the blunderbuss should go through shields.

I means its ammunition is literally glass, metal spikes and a fork. None of that is gonna pierce through a thick wooden shield. The heater and spartan shields are metal anyway.

Feint to parry yes that’s fine. CFtP is too far unless it has significant drawbacks. Get that shit outta here.

• we have just been scriming for he last hour or so and bunderbuss is fuckin useless, might as well rename this game chivalry deadliest yumi bow. 2 yumi bows 2 crossbows and shurikens GG. hardly any melee involved in scrims anymore. welcome to chivalry deadliest camper, where every class is an archer.

• @lemonater47:

I means its ammunition is literally glass, metal spikes and a fork. None of that is gonna pierce through a thick wooden shield. The heater and spartan shields are metal anyway.

That’s what they would load in a ship cannon as a “deck sweeper” or whatever. The blunderbuss generally fired lead shot, did it not?

• This game is practically crying for old CftP. Also, should consider health regen while sprinting.

• @CRUSHED:

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE WRONG FEEDBACK regarding the balance. Don’t make the same mistake again, seriously.

+1
    I really hope they make this expansion great. I still won’t pay $15 for it, but it would be nice to see.

• @BillDoor:

@CRUSHED:

+1
    I really hope they make this expansion great. I still won’t pay $15 for it, but it would be nice to see.

Hey Bill, did you know ninja’s have a scythe?

• @Hitom:

OMGwheresmycreditcardtakemymoneyjustkidding
    Kusarigama isn’t exactly a scythe. For the amount of soul harvesting I do in a day, the classic model is more ergonomic. Thanks for thinking of me though. :D

• @BillDoor:

@Hitom:

OMGwheresmycreditcardtakemymoneyjustkidding
    Kusarigama isn’t exactly a scythe. For the amount of soul harvesting I do in a day, the classic model is more ergonomic. Thanks for thinking of me though. :D

The Kusarigama is a kind-of-a-scythe ^^

Either way, game is quite bad ass, you would like it.

• Map Optimization:<br />hell yes, that one map drops my fps like 10-15 and i have a beast gpu/cpu combo, i can play farcry 3 on ultra and yet this map drops my fps, unreal.<br /><br />SDK:<br />yes, maybe folks can make their own TO maps, TO is my favorite mode, all this TDM and ffa crap is for the birds.<br /><br />Balance/Mechanics:<br />yes, i’m not sure about the jump kick because of spartan but would be nice to have jump kick back, not totally necessary but it would be nice. CFTP def needs to make a return to see some more skilled combat. FLINCH DOES NOT WORK! Need flinch to work properly, flinch during release still exists, yet regular flinches seemt o allow the other player to hit trade all the tiem, or just keep swinging at counter attack speeds, it’s retarded. Balance is sooooo off, samurai teams pretty much own everything else<br /><br />Ranged:<br />everyone on this forum already knows that i hate ranged combat in MW, and DW is no different. I feel it ruins the melee aspect of the game and takes a lot of fun out of it. pirates just annoy the fuck out of me. I used pirate pistol and it’s so god damn overpowered, and it’s not even hard to hit things. I’m a terrible archer in tihs game, but even i can pick up a pistol and land body/head shots with practical ease. Ranged combat being so strong = <fun. I know this is Tibbs favorite class but… gosh man it’s not very fun in a elimination style game where all the pirates are grouped up with guns, i have video of trying to get in there and i literally get shot like 6 times at least and die. Even if the shots don’t kill me i’m dead basically. At least before the spartans or shield users could block the shots and have some chance, but now the shots go through shields? Sure, once you do get close you rape their melee, but you cannot penetrate a defending pirate team of like 10-15 people all shooting shotguns at you. It’s totally absurd.<br /><br />Misc:<br />health regen needs to be a bit faster i agree, it feels so slow and you’re basically just waiting in some corner for like 30 seconds to heal, might be faster to just respawn at that point, but tdm you don’t want to cost death so you have to just wait it out FOREVER. Also, it would be nice if spartan with dory can pick up the 1 spear he throws, idk if the idea is to lose it, but if you equip the javs or short spear and throw them, you can pick those up, so why not the guy with the 1 spear, if you manage to land that shot which is so cool, i want to be able to go pull it out of the back i just threw it at.<br /><br />Also, samurai and knight > spartan… i feel the spartan is very weak class, also ninjas pretty weak in group fights, and very easy to kill as pirates. I do think for ninjas that little blinding smoke thing is pretty gnarly though. Feel like a ninja making an escape, or can disorient them well to get in there, so the strategies are actually pretty good with ninja… the weapons have crap range though, i feel like with the claws… you get bubbled out too often like fists in MW. You can still land hits but you have to get super close it seems. Any kind of lean back or anything just kind of pushes you out of the bubble… since lookdown overheads aren’t that big in this game since the windups are longer, i wouldnt see why a bubble even exists at all.

• Don’t forget matchmaking :D

• Ninja should not have audible footsteps while not sprinting. Any sound is enough to alert someone with good headphones.

• @Hitom:

The Kusarigama is a kind-of-a-scythe ^^

Nah, kama is more lika a sickle. Was it names kusarigama on DW? Because if so, that is wrong. Kusarigama has chain, ingame weapon does not so it is simply kama.

• @Karasu:

Don’t forget matchmaking :D

that would be epic :)

• @dudeface:

@lemonater47:

That’s what they would load in a ship cannon as a “deck sweeper” or whatever. The blunderbuss generally fired lead shot, did it not?

It generally is filled with lead shot. But a blunderbuss is a versatile weapon, you could chuck anything down the barrel. And in this game its filled with glass, metal spikes and forks. Just shoot a wall with it and you’ll see. The blunderbuss was used on ships as well. Though that was replaced in the English navy by a 7 barrelled volley gun called the nock gun. Mounted and handheld. Much higher muzzle velocity and could fire larger rounds. That too was later taken out of service due to the large recoil. Also it was intended to be fired from the rigging. Which meant it usually wasn’t braced against the shoulder resulting in broken shoulders. If it was braced properly they often fell off the rigging. It was very effective against it targets though. It just maimed the user as well.