The Blunderbuss

• A full team of pirates, camping together with blunderbuss = game over…

Honestly, what the heck were you guys thinking with this one? All in all, Deadliest Warrior is a great addition to Chivalry, I love the new classes… and I could even stomach Pirates if it weren’t for this largely unbalancing weapon. This needs to get nerfed… better, it should be removed.

• Should remove the whole pirate class.

• Remove archers from Medieval Warfare as well, it’s just as annoying when archers do the same!

• Remove all classes, everyone has to fight with pool noodles!

• i already made a similar post, but you guys know that i hate ranged already from MW. The blunder is good and annoying, grouped with some pistols as well is game over, the pistols hit harder.

• deals less damage than a bow if you are too far away,doesn’t oneshot as a crossbow and has huge time ofreload,if he miss or doens’t kill you on the first shot you have all the time to get close and kill him and now all the classes are faster than before,and in melee the pirate is weak and squishy.8 Shots and you are out of ammo.Want more? i can go on if you want

• I haven’t even downloaded it yet, but I can already tell I hate pirates :D. I like archers in CMW, but the crossbows always seemed a little ouT of place, and having ACTUAL GUNS…

• Come on, it’s just for fun!
    Does it not work with shields? If not, shields should be able to block bullets.

• @Atanna:

Remove all classes, everyone has to fight with pool noodles!

I say we at least petition for a pool noodle mod.

• @AndreaTheArcher:

deals less damage than a bow if you are too far away,doesn’t oneshot as a crossbow and has huge time ofreload,if he miss or doens’t kill you on the first shot you have all the time to get close and kill him and now all the classes are faster than before,and in melee the pirate is weak and squishy.8 Shots and you are out of ammo.Want more? i can go on if you want

Yeah or he misses, you run towards him, he has then reloaded and shot you in the face just as you get to/about to get to melee range.

ANNOYING!

but then again gunpowder weapons are the future thats why we use firearms these days they are more effective than swords :P you cant nerf these weapons down, you have to accept its a OP class or remove it and thats not going to happen.

• @Wrath:

@AndreaTheArcher:

deals less damage than a bow if you are too far away,doesn’t oneshot as a crossbow and has huge time ofreload,if he miss or doens’t kill you on the first shot you have all the time to get close and kill him and now all the classes are faster than before,and in melee the pirate is weak and squishy.8 Shots and you are out of ammo.Want more? i can go on if you want

Yeah or he misses, you run towards him, he has then reloaded and shot you in the face just as you get to/about to get to melee range.

ANNOYING!

but then again gunpowder weapons are the future thats why we use firearms these days they are more effective than swords :P you cant nerf these weapons down, you have to accept its a OP class or remove it and thats not going to happen.

Muskets weren’t the most effective weapons in the world. They became popular because they were easy to train peasants to use. Guns in DW reload way faster than they would in real life.

• @Wrath:

@AndreaTheArcher:

ANNOYING!

not sure how you get OP, pistol is quicker reload and does more damage, even at closer range.

the Opening Poster just needs to learn how to avoid hits, he’s probably the same in CMW, where they don’t expect anyone to hit them with ranged weapons.

Pirates are easily killed, if you cant kill 1 its your fault, a ninja will tear them to shreds, same for a samurai or a spartan, anyone who can throw or shoot will decimate them when they are reloading.

use some common sense :P

• @Saraski:

@Wrath:

@AndreaTheArcher:

ANNOYING!

not sure how you get OP, pistol is quicker reload and does more damage, even at closer range.

the Opening Poster just needs to learn how to avoid hits, he’s probably the same in CMW, where they don’t expect anyone to hit them with ranged weapons.

Pirates are easily killed, if you cant kill 1 its your fault, a ninja will tear them to shreds, same for a samurai or a spartan, anyone who can throw or shoot will decimate them when they are reloading.

use some common sense :P

I ment ranged weapons in general i just used his post as an example.

Yes pirates are easy to kill but some are good shots and generaly horde together which makes it difficult. Common sense would be dont go running at them but this is the games objective or atleast at the moment for current game modes.

• @wyrda78:

Muskets weren’t the most effective weapons in the world. They became popular because they were easy to train peasants to use. Guns in DW reload way faster than they would in real life.

Its not a musket but what you say is true. If your going to look at it like that though armour and shields will not give much protection against firearms. Only modern Body armour is going to stop a bullet and even that is limited protection.

• @Wrath:

@wyrda78:

Its not a musket but what you say is true. If your going to look at it like that though armour and shields will not give much protection against firearms. Only modern Body armour is going to stop a bullet and even that is limited protection.

Modern body armour has steel plates in them. You can make some medieval plate armour strong enough to withstand a musket shot, problem is it’s heavy and expensive.

• you can nerf the gun as much as you want,doesn’t matter for me,but at least give us some better melee as the pirate,the samurai’s bow is much better and the armor of the samurai + the option to have a great melee and the unsheating move theat he makes when swtiching weapon makes it better than the pirate overall.If they nerf the ranged superiority of the pirate there is no sense of calling him a skirmisher.

• Pirates vs ninja the ninjas still win. Even though the pistole one shot them. And that’s getting nerfed.

The blunderbuss can be the grand tickle gun if used at more than 10 metres. Deals very little damage to classes heavier than the ninja and pirate.

Charging headlong into a bunch of pirates without trying to dodge is actually better than trying to dodge everything. As long as you don’t charge directly at one pirate. You won’t believe how many shots they fire at you. The pistoles deviation is enough to miss you at close range. Doesn’t matter how skilled you are. Crouching reduces it but there’s still deviation there. And it takes a good second to crouch aim and fire.

A knight with a crossbow can out skirmish a pirate at range. You can stand there in the open reloading while he crouches and misses. If you know the speed of the bolt you can lead right. You can’t lead with the pistole properly as the bullet doesn’t play by your rules. And the blunderbuss well your fucked.

If they added the missing reloading stage of the guns I wouldn’t mind. Another 2-3 seconds of loading time. An realistically it would mean the gun would actually work. Also wouldn’t mind if the blunderbuss didn’t go through shields. Given the ammunition it fires is glass, metal spikes and a fork.

• Wait, the pistol does more damage than the blunderbuss? What retarded logic is that?

• @wyrda78:

Wait, the pistol does more damage than the blunderbuss? What retarded logic is that?

it’s harder to land shots with… the blunderbuss i can take from far range and shoot at someone and never miss, you’d have to be really bad to miss too many shots with it, i think after full ammo… i MIGHT miss 2 shots… but typically just 1. Also, shooting into groups you can hit multiple enemies with one blast.

The pistol on the other hand takes a BIT more accuracy, but IMO it’s pretty damn easy to shoot. It’s point and click to the max, there’s no dropoff as far as I can tell, at least not within like 50 feet… and it shoots RIGHT where the crosshair is.

So yeah the pistol probably does more damage based on the fact that it needs to be a more well placed shot, and cant hurt multiple enemies at once.

I still think both are terribly gay weapons, but if you’re a pirate, i guess i’ts fun to mow everyone down with guns… it’s so easy mode. And then… the melee isn’t bad either. I don’t know who is in charge of balancing ranged but they like to make them super powered.

• Pistole deals 120 damage and each blunderbuss pellet (well glass, metal spikes and forks) does 25 damage. And I think it fires 10 things at once.

There’s armour which means there’s resistance. Against a spartan I know a pistole body shot does 79 damage and blunderbuss does 15 damage. Blunderbuss does 9 damage against a samurai though that was early alpha could have changed.

I’ve seen ninjas happily take 3 shots from A blunderbuss before dying.

Pistole is already getting a nerf so it doesn’t oneshot ninjas.

I also think the blunderbuss should go through shields. It should still stun the guy but his shield should stop the fork, glass, spike. The damage its dealing to the havy classes is the blunt force and speed of the shot. Not the actual piercing damage.