Some troll named JCash?

• Joins all the server and disses Chivalry.

Kinda annoying, cause if ANYONE brings it up, like “Anyone excited for Chivalry?” Ect, he’ll go on a rant about how it’s noob mode and not skill based.

Personally, I think he’s just angry, he’s been playing since 2008, which he claims was release lol. (It was on Steam, yes.)So he’s rather good at it, though makes bold claims like “I can kill 12 people without dying”, and he always uses the Spear.

It’s funny, cause it’s pretty much he doesn’t like it, as far as everyone on the server could tell, because he won’t be as good at it and will have to start off new.

One of those types of players who once they have played only one game for so long they can’t stand playing something else that they aren’t good at. I find gamers like that depressing, I enjoy a multitude of games. I don’t get players like that.

Oh, and anyone who disagrees is a noob who just started playing AoC. He says he knows how Chivalry plays from asking friends in the beta, of which he has not played himself. Oh well.

• You have been successfully TROLLED…… Trolololo lolo lolooooo

• Yeah that jcash, he made me so mad, I’m so angry at him and my butt hurts so much. He should be like, banned from life. He’s such a mean troll i hate him.

• How should I begin this
    I’m just so offended
    how am I even mentioned by all these fucking beginners?
    I’m so appalled I might buy the mall
    just to show niggas how much more I have in store
    I’m fresher than you all
    so I don’t have to pause
    all of y’all can suck my balls through my draws
    dark knight feeling, die or be a hero
    or live long enough to see yourself become a villain
    I went from the favourite to the most hated
    or would you rather be underpaid or over-rated?
    moral victories is for minor league coaches
    and ‘Ye already told you “We Major” you cockroaches
    show me where the boats is, Ferrari testarossa’s
    the Hammer went broke so you know I’m more focused
    I lost thirty mill so I spent another 30
    cuz unlike Hammer 30 mill can’t hurt me
    fucking insane, the fuck am I sayin’
    not only am I fly, I’m fucking not playing
    all these little bitches too big for their britches
    burning their little bridges
    fucking ridiculous

Jay Z

• is there a way to “mute” or hide him in the chat? cause his trolling will probably annoy me

• Yeah if you press f10 in game it gives you the in game menu and you can click players and select the person you can mute, that’s what i do when that asshole comes in the server.

this helped me very much as well http://i46.tinypic.com/15oi1r4.jpg

• LOL

• Although i do have some very real concerns about chivalry.

It seems to me AoC, the free mod, is a lot more ‘hardcore’ than chivalry. Like, before it was about creating a great game. Now for the devs its about creating a game that a lot of people will buy. I have actually played Chivalry. It seems like Age of Chivalry made more friendly for newb players. There is a crosshair, you can toggle first person view, your movement is limited while swinging.

It is almost impossible in chivalry to take on multiple opponents at once, which in age of chivalry was the most fun part. You don’t see anyone on Chivalry with really high scores. It seems like they reduced the skill gap between really new and really experienced players. You don’t see in the Chivalry servers anyone dominating like you would in AoC. Its impossible for a single player to have the same impact in Chiv that one really good player would have in AoC. I don’t like any of those changes, I think it makes for a more carebear game.

What I wanted was Age of Chivalry 2. Just AoC with better graphics and improved hit detection. What I got was Call of Duty: Medieval Warfare.

Its not that its different from AoC so i hate it. I like a lot of other similar combat games. I like Darkfall, Mortal online, the mount and blade series, war of the roses, ect. I dont even HATE chivalry, I just think its disappointing, bland, and designed around 1v1 fights. 1v1 fights get old fast.

• Funny, cause I’ve seen more Teamwork in this than I ever saw in AoC.

Also, I’ve seen people with 51 kills and 14 deaths at times. I’ve seen one guy fight off three guys at once, blocking, dodging, and attacking them, and he won.

I myself have managed to do decently well, though having just started.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/93700 … 23D421B53/

There were people doing alot better than me in other matches as well. We had one guy who was 19 and 3 and he was a Vanguard /w Halberd.

I also often see people forming shield walls, or trying to backup team mates, rather than in AoC where everyone would go rambo.

• @SlyGoat:

There’ll always be people who assume a game isn’t skillbased if they can’t pick it up and immediately destroy a server solo.

We can pick it up, I have the same feelings for the game as JCash lol, same with my Darkfall Clan mates, it feels exactly like this:

It seems like Age of Chivalry made more friendly for newb players. There is a crosshair, you can toggle first person view, your movement is limited while swinging.

Encouraging slash spam, punishing for blocking, ranged is a lot easier…

some of friends quotes:

Combat is basically your left mouse button to swing, hit it a second time to follow with another swing in the other direction, mouse scroll up is over head attack, scroll down is stab. Block is just the right mouse button no direction needed. very basic treally… still the objective modes are great fun.

it looks like move of a spam fest then wotr and mount and blade combine

Hopefully that will be changing though before release? or maybe just after?

Do think its more designed for 1v1 fighting / multiple you’ll get raped for blocking (punished hard)

• Developer

Age of Chivalry players cannot simply come in and expect to dominate in Chivalry because it is so different, this sometimes causes a frustrating feeling that the game is “made for noobs”. Because the old aoc tricks of manipulating the system no longer work. I’ve seen it for months now, the first few times most aoc players try out chiv, they get completely handled by new players (or just don’t do as well as they’d expect) and react negatively. A few weeks later and most of them have converted and love Chiv far more than aoc.

Its not possible to make a sweeping generic statement like that without admitting that that can’t be true for all players- but it is true for many players. It’s not Age of Chivalry, its a new game, you don’t have to like it, but this:

Like, before it was about creating a great game. Now for the devs its about creating a game that a lot of people will buy.

Is completely wrong and outright offensive. The entire concept of this company and our goals for Chivalry and future projects is to go for projects from our heart, we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t, honestly. You don’t have to like the game, but please don’t make wild assumptions about the heart of our development team and the guys that I’ve seen sweat and bleed to make this game happen.

• @Tibberius:

Age of Chivalry players cannot simply come in and expect to dominate in Chivalry because it is so different, this sometimes causes a frustrating feeling that the game is “made for noobs”. Because the old aoc tricks of manipulating the system no longer work. I’ve seen it for months now, the first few times most aoc players try out chiv, they get completely handled by new players (or just don’t do as well as they’d expect) and react negatively. A few weeks later and most of them have converted and love Chiv far more than aoc.

Its not possible to make a sweeping generic statement like that without admitting that that can’t be true for all players- but it is true for many players. It’s not Age of Chivalry, its a new game, you don’t have to like it, but this:

Like, before it was about creating a great game. Now for the devs its about creating a game that a lot of people will buy.

Is completely wrong and outright offensive. The entire concept of this company and our goals for Chivalry and future projects is to go for projects from our heart, we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t, honestly. You don’t have to like the game, but please don’t make wild assumptions about the heart of our development team and the guys that I’ve seen sweat and bleed to make this game happen.

I’d say

/thread

And that it should be closed now.

• Combat changes, like how your mouse sensitivity increases when you swing, limiting the degree of your attack, and the fact that ANY TIME YOU GET HIT MID SWING your swing gets canceled make it nearly impossible to fight groups as a solo.

What you’ve achieved is probably what you were going for, its mostly a slash fest. Taking on multiple opponents is largely impossible. Archery is really easy because the game has a crosshair and zoom feature. but the game does look pretty.

I’ve played for a single day and i went from doing terribly (like 3-14) to doing reasonably well (like 22-7)

I dont think it requires as much skill as AoC, in fact its sort of bland. I probably won’t get it.

Disliking the game does not make me a troll. Just because someone dislikes the game does not have to mean they are bad at it, thats fanboi talk. The larger maps are nice, but if you dont complete an objective during a specified time the map ends. Thats a fairly retarded feature lol.

Oh, and the game launches in like a week one would think team balance and the voice chat feature would function. Whatevs.

@Tibberius:

You don’t have to like the game, but please don’t make wild assumptions about the heart of our development team and the guys that I’ve seen sweat and bleed to make this game happen.

If someone is bleeding to see Chiv released they’re doing their programming REALLY wrong.

If you found that offensive, sorry blaine, its just the impression the game has left me with.

One Love

• Developer

Sorry you feel that way, it seems we disagree on what makes a great melee experience. And that is fine, just know that we made the decisions that we made because we believed they would provide the best game possible. Based on our own perspectives and community input we made changes to things like limiting the degree of attacks (to reduce 360+ spins) and implementing flinching (to introduce more depth and prevent “shot-for-shot” scenarios).

These things may well have made the experience worse for you, if so I’m sorry to hear that, but these are things that we genuinely believe enhance the gameplay experience.

• I completely understand the sensitivity options. I have a high DPI mouse, up to 5700, I can change it on the fly, with a button the mouse. In AoC, this would allow me to spin around like a whirlwind, in which a normal player would not. This is not possible in C:MW.

It’s a more balanced, fair, and generally skill-based game. I saw a 29 - 1 player earlier. He defeated 5 players coming at him. The skill gap can be that big.

I also found Archery easier in AoC than this…so I don’t get where you’re coming from.

And you’re not a troll because you dislike the game, you’re a troll because you invent imaginary reasons to dislike it. That’s called trolling.

• Both tibbs and cash make good points in this argument but I think the main issue is that most aoc vets thought this game was going to be similar games like the mod or skyrim that you get a lot more freedom of movement instead of constant strafing then hoping there’s an opening in the enemy’s defense. In aoc the whole point was to use fancy footwork to trick a person into blocking or killing them before they could block. No game has that element. Plus a lot would argue that the game didn’t shoot for realism with the crosshair, arrow cam, and zoom .

With that argument, a lot of aoc vets feel that it’s like playing just a better more upgraded version of warband or pvk (combat wise of course). Expect to get rage from the old and dedicated players of aoc, they weren’t expecting the game to basically be nothing like the original aside from the lore.

The game also it’s perks, the maps I would say are quite beautiful especially the battlegrounds clone I could stare at that map all day, and I do like being rewarded with a fancy new weapon when I get more than 10 kills. This was typed on an iPod forgive any grammar mistakes =P

• Your statement needs some correcting.

@Peglegkickboxer:

Both tibbs and cash make good points in this argument but I think the main issue is that most aoc vets a few guys I play aoc with thought this game was going to be similar games like the mod or skyrim that you get a lot more freedom of movement instead of constant strafing then hoping there’s an opening in the enemy’s defense. In aoc the whole point was to use fancy footwork to trick a person into blocking or killing them before they could block. No game has that element. Plus a lot would argue that the game didn’t shoot for realism with the crosshair, arrow cam, and zoom .

With that argument, a lot of aoc vets a few guys I play aoc with feel that it’s like playing just a better more upgraded version of warband or pvk (combat wise of course). Expect to get rage from the old and dedicated players of aoc, a few guys I play aoc with they weren’t expecting the game to basically be nothing like the original aside from the lore.

When did you get elected representative of the aoc community? When did kila become the aoc community?

@Peglegkickboxer:

the old and dedicated players of aoc

Having ran the aoc league, coordinating six age of chivalry teams in over 60 scrims involving more than 80 of the most competitive age of chivalry players, I’d say I’ve interacted with as you put it “the old and dedicated players of aoc”. I can personally attest, with the exception of the guys from kila, all the rest are loving the game.

@Peglegkickboxer:

most aoc vets

I’d say team Vanquish fits into that category. Last night we had 16 team members in one Chivalry server at the same time. Everyone was loving the game and many of our guys have only had it for a day.

Please stop speaking for other people that do not want you to speak for them.

@Peglegkickboxer:

In aoc the whole point was to use fancy footwork to trick a person into blocking or killing them before they could block.

You can do the same thing in chivalry.

• If you found that offensive, sorry blaine,

Hey, leave me out of this, you mean Bane :P

• Damn looks like I wasn’t inb4 the Vq denial and butthurt zerg rush. Oh well. FYI ask anyone around, it’s only your clan that seems to say “it’s a perfect game”, anyone else who doesn’t doesn’t like it say’s it’s “alright”. Why do you think the majority of clan IK ported to WotR and not chiv, Stop getting so butthurt about people’s opinions that aren’t your own and play the fucking game gB.