Basic multiplayer server functions

• Now that you’ve figured out how to give admins the ability to change map times in DW (or so I’m told)
    how long will it be until the other extremely basic functions like MOTD and ping limits etc work?

These aren’t a huge ask, it’s not like I’m asking for the inbuilt features of the unreal engine like the video recorder or the web admin tools to work… that would be silly.

• The most common feedback subject we get at GON regarding chivalry is that there are too many laggers on the servers and I’m sick of spending my time kicking people who cant figure out that they should play on servers in their own country, so I’m just going to continue posting about it until someone from TB answers.
    (Kimiko’s official ping limited servers was a hilarious thread and all… but no an answer from her will not suffice)

An addition to the list of basic server functions would be VOIP, the default config file has “bForceTeamVOIP=false” which in a red vs blue type game is a ridiculous default setting, makes me wonder if TB ever intended on having working VOIP.

• Indeed. I would like to see a proper set of admin tools and something basic like a ping limiter! We often get a heap of laggers join our servers, and we must spend time console-kicking them!

Such a pain :o

• Bump.

Another missing feature is console kill/death messages, which also seems to be part of the engine “bNoConsoleDeathMessages=false”… but not on chivalry.

• We really need better admin support.

• Bump.

Same ol story when i played DW today… at least 10 players with 200-400 ping on any of our populated servers… might have to recruit more admins for the sole purpose of kicking/banning laggers

• They generally don’t like people using the word bump.

• @lemonater47:

They generally don’t like people using the word bump.

/care

• Just thought I better say something, as the only GON admin in Aus/NZ not to yet :)

Seriously though, we’re trying to help you guys by testing and providing free servers…

• @BlaZe:

Bump.

• @BlaZe:

@BlaZe:

Bump.

Facepalm.

• Don’t even need to login to the beta to check if any of this was fixed in the patch, had enough complaints just today to know that it’s not

• @BlaZe:

Don’t even need to login to the beta to check if any of this was fixed in the patch, had enough complaints just today to know that it’s not

Like they were gonna make admin commands in the next patch.

Its been a year of complaints and they haven’t done it. They did that RCON thing but they don’t appear to use it themselves.