Why doesn't the browser always work?

• Example, I join a game, it kicks me out for whatever reason and I’m back at the main menu. Click server browser but no servers come up. I have to exit the game to get servers to appear. This has been here since launch wtf.

• Because it’s broken and always will be. I couldn’t play today because no servers showed. You just have to be lucky, torn banner will never fix this issue sorry.

• @FPSOtsal:

Because it’s broken and always will be. I couldn’t play today because no servers showed. You just have to be lucky, torn banner will never fix this issue sorry.

And you know this how?

• It makes joining a sever a chore, I end up just not opening up the game anymore.

• @lemonater47:

@FPSOtsal:

Because it’s broken and always will be. I couldn’t play today because no servers showed. You just have to be lucky, torn banner will never fix this issue sorry.

And you know this how?

Because they’ve tried like 8 times…

• @haarp:

Click server browser but no servers come up.

Did you try clicking “Refresh” multiple times? Had to do that sometimes before the last patch to get servers to show after exiting a match.

• @lemonater47:

@FPSOtsal:

And you know this how?

Because it’s been in the game since it was released. No update has fixed it.

• @FPSOtsal:

@lemonater47:

@FPSOtsal:

And you know this how?

Because it’s been in the game since it was released. No update has fixed it.

It was working before the latest patch. But that patch destroyed it again.

• @Peter:

It was working before the latest patch. But that patch destroyed it again.

Wasn’t working for me. It was one of the few reasons I took a break from Chiv. One day I logged on to play and no servers would load for around 10 minutes, that was the final straw that broke the camels back for me.

Yet strangely, I got lucky with this patch and it’s working 4/5 times I play.

• The current build as well as previous have worked the best as far as the server list is concerned. However the issue still happens. The good news is that I haven’t had server stop refreshing by repeatedly hitting the refresh button. Of course because of my experience with Chivalry so far, I get a tingling of anxiety every time I hit the refresh button and so try to do so as little as possible.

Now, unlike some people I’m not going to say TBS is never going to attempt to fix this issue. What I am going to say is that I don’t believe they ever will fix the issue. I don’t think they care enough about the issue to put in the required effort it would take them to fix it.

• @DokB:

Wasn’t working for me. It was one of the few reasons I took a break from Chiv. One day I logged on to play and no servers would load for around 10 minutes, that was the final straw that broke the camels back for me.

This is my main issue with the entire game. Outside of the little annoyances the game has ,Chivalry is a great game. The thing is, Chivalry is so unpolished, it has so many little annoyances, for someone like me it’s only a matter of time until I get fed up.

Most games have some issue or a few bugs and you can learn to deal with them.
    -Ya I get that on the last phase of dark forest the first part of the wall that gets destroyed has tons of debris that can’t be walked over, I’ve even had it all memorized at one point, advantageous.
    -I get that there is a spec of dust at the beginning of stonehill mason start that you can get stuck on, so I avoid it.
    -I get that on specific staircases I can’t walk up at a 45[superscript:1gdk93zn]o[/superscript:1gdk93zn] angle or my boot gets stuck.
    -I understand that in specific areas I can knock someone back to a spot where they are stuck.
    -I understand that F1 respawn and suicide command sometimes don’t work.
    -I understand that javelins will never be completely fixed and I can even play around the issues.
    -I get it that the hitbox on someone on a catapult isn’t exactly where it appears.
    -I get that some different weapons need to be parried aiming at specific locations on the weapon and that aiming for the weapons tip doesn’t work for every attack.
    -I get that the reduced turnspeed sometimes last after an attack is finished.
    -I understand that I can get sticky parries and also sticky attacks.
    -I understand that when I’m trading blows with someone and I take damage first, I have a chance to miss them because my screen will shake, almost always turning my character faster than is allowed manually during an attack.
    -I understand vanguard sprint attack can sometimes launch him 30 meters and that in certain situations it’s impossible to react. I understand that sometimes sprint attack launches him 2 meters forward and his weapon swings underground, missing everything.

This is just part of what I can think of off the top of my head. These are little things. They aren’t big deals by themselves. These are the types of little issues most games have that players can easily deal with. The problem with Chivalry, is these little issue are so numerous. No single one breaks the game. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Together they make a big issue.

Check out the bugs section on the forums and you can see hundreds of map locations characters can get stuck on, they never get fixed. It’s not possible for my feeble mind to memorize every single spec of dust my character can get stuck on.

And like I said earlier, it’s only a matter of time until someone like me gets fed up.