Performance?

• I’m having a really hard time getting this game to run smoothly. I’ve done the .ini edits with the smoothframe stuff etc, as well as made sure it wasn’t running on integrated graphics, and turned down my graphics and resolution quite low. My frame rate is still sub par. I don’t really have a super beasty computer or anything, but I can run MW at a constant 60 fps with pretty decent settings at 1080p. Is this game just very poorly optimized, or can my computer honestly just not handle it? Anyone know what’s up? Thanks guys!

• @Auxiillium:

I’m having a really hard time getting this game to run smoothly. I’ve done the .ini edits with the smoothframe stuff etc, as well as made sure it wasn’t running on integrated graphics, and turned down my graphics and resolution quite low. My frame rate is still sub par. I don’t really have a super beasty computer or anything, but I can run MW at a constant 60 fps with pretty decent settings at 1080p. Is this game just very poorly optimized, or can my computer honestly just not handle it? Anyone know what’s up? Thanks guys!

Are you mainly having issues with the bamboo forest level, because that’s the one where I notice the most significant FPS drops. It’s got something to do with the bamboo. Every time I am in the actual forest I notice significant drops in certain areas, whereas when I am near the building it’s a smooth 60fps on max settings.

• Most the the tweaks in the Tech help section should apply to CDW. You can also try this in console; set lowend

that will lower all graphic setting to their default lowest even some that are not in the menu.

• No, unfortunately it’s on every map. In some areas it’s very smooth, but when I get around people is where it REALLY suffers. And I know I can do those things… but I wouldn’t think I’d have to put EVERYTHING on the very lowest it can go, when I can play medieval warfare on medium-high settings, 1080p with constant 60 fps. Clearly I’m possibly wrong but it just doesn’t seem right to me!

• Sorry if this shows up twice put my reply didn’t seem to get posted. It’s not just that map, it’s every map. Sometimes it’s smooth, but when I get near people it REALLY suffers. And I know I can do those things with the graphics, but I feel if I can run medieval warfare on high medium-ish settings at 1080p with a constant 60fps…I shouldn’t have to. Clearly, I’m possibly wrong but it doesn’t feel right!

• @Retsnom:

Most the the tweaks in the Tech help section should apply to CDW. You can also try this in console; set lowend

that will lower all graphic setting to their default lowest even some that are not in the menu.

Wow never heard of that. Will the settings be saved permanently when I do that?

• @fvonb:

@Retsnom:

Most the the tweaks in the Tech help section should apply to CDW. You can also try this in console; set lowend

Wow never heard of that. Will the settings be saved permanently when I do that?

Only if you right click the ini file and put a check in the box that says READ ONLY

• @Retsnom:

@fvonb:

Will the settings be saved permanently when I do that?

Only if you right click the ini file and put a check in the box that says READ ONLY

That makes no sense, does it? I suppose If I make the files read-only it won’t be saved, right?

• @fvonb:

@Retsnom:

@fvonb:

Will the settings be saved permanently when I do that?

That makes no sense, does it? I suppose If I make the files read-only it won’t be saved, right?

You edit the file or while in game type that command, alt Tab out of the game, go to the file ini, right click it and check read only.

You only check the READ ONLY after you make your tweaks so that the game does not overwrite the ini when the game closes but will read it when the game starts.