Fix the Spartan shield bash.

• Torn Banner, I beg you. Please fix the Spartan shield bash. Most of the times it’s impossible to block and can 2 shot a ninja easily. I’ve tried blocking it many times. It just goes through my block to my face .Boom. I know that it’s still in Beta but please try to nerf it or something. Many of the other players I’ve played with are also complaining. Well then, that’s all for now. Farewell. I hope it gets fixed in the final product ;) 8-) .

• When you mean spartan shield bash you mean ‘secondary attack? (scroll down)’

I havent fought a spartan as a ninja, I don’t think I have ever had the chance to shield bash a ninja as a spartan either but every time I fight a ninja as a spartan the shield might aswell not be there, its happened a few times now.

BEFORE YOU SAY!
    Yes it I am using the shield properly.
    No it never came in from the side.
    No it wasnt over the top of the shield (will have to be a pretty big ninja, or can jump pretty high).
    No i was not hit by a projectile or hit somewhere else to break my guard.
    No he did no kick me to break my guard.

• Shield bash is unblockable now? You should have seen it in closed alpha.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Shield bash is unblockable now? You should have seen it in closed alpha.

Flaunting closed alpha/beta rights seems to have become the new meta.

I agree on the shield bash, at the moment its speed is insane and let alone actually blocking it, I hardly have enough time to react to it.

• @Lann094:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Shield bash is unblockable now? You should have seen it in closed alpha.

Flaunting closed alpha/beta rights seems to have become the new meta.

I agree on the shield bash, at the moment its speed is insane and let alone actually blocking it, I hardly have enough time to react to it.

Alpha, beta, meta.

Soon English will be completely Greek.

• I think it’s just poorly animated, like the rest of the new weapons.

• Yeah the shield bash is incredibly broken, I agree. It’s actually pretty broken in CMW as well if you use a flail for example.

If a spartan actually gets going comboing with the shield you’re screwed mre often than not, it seems to get more and more desynched with every hit in the combo.

• Yeah, Shield bashes are crazy. I have trouble blocking those cockswines! If you come up against a decent-shield bashing combo Spartan best just to back off, and get in some free hits when he is distracted!

Boy, they feel epic when you finish a guy with the shield bash though hehe 8-)

• I like the shield bash. If they nerf it they better add something decent to replace it, because that’s all Spartans have going for them right now.

Way more concerned about Samurais. I’m lucky to break even with a Spartan. With a No Dachi Samurai I typically go at least 3:1 though. It’s entirely too easy. Even samurai spears are better than Spartan spears….

• I personally haven’t had much trouble blocking the bash. The problem I think stems from the fact it hits before the animation plays. So one has to block extra early to block it.

I have blocked it a few times, not all the time, but a few.

• Shield bash is fine. Dat Sarissa though…

• yeah… as a matter of balance, why don’t we just completely remove the spartan shield, and confine him to using short swords only?.. and lets also remove he’s ability to toss his weapon and OH— LETS GIVE HIM A FEMALE VOICE TOO!!
    idiot…

• Shield bash does way too much damage, should do like 10

• @wyrda78:

Shield bash does way too much damage, should do like 10

4 hits to kill knight and samurai.
    3 hits to kill everyone else. And 3 head hits kills a knight, samurai and spartan.
    2 head hits to kill the other 3 with head hits involved.

Really short range.

Its been nerfed damage wise since early alpha. Did 52 damage against a Spartans head now it deals 48 damage spartan headshot.

• @lemonater47:

@wyrda78:

3 hits to kill everyone else. And 3 head hits kills a knight, samurai and spartan.

Really short range.

Its been nerfed damage wise since early alpha. Did 52 damage against a Spartans head now it deals 48 damage spartan headshot.

Yes, that’s still way too much for a shield bash.

• @wyrda78:

@lemonater47:

@wyrda78:

Really short range.

Don’t let them that close.

• I think the shield bash if fine. It is very short range which helps when ninjas get right in your face and you can’t block their attacks.

• My only problem with the bash is that its animation is a bit tricky to read, I’m fine with the damage values. Spartan as a class it actually fairly solid, using their spears effectively takes a bit of getting used to, they feel like what they should be in MW.

• @wyrda78:

@lemonater47:

@wyrda78:

Really short range.

Its not a shield “bash” its a shield “attack” it counts as an overhead attack (which is usually the strongest attack) and it’s range is very short… im sure you are mistaking this attack as a “kick” attack… thats not the case friend…

• FFS YOU IDIOTS!!! Shield bash was the only thing spartans had going for them. they are INCREDIBLY underpowered compared to knights, samurai, and even ninjas can run and dodge circles around them.

STOP FUCKIGN RUINING THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE. LEARN TO BLOCK.