Why are you guys so pessimistic?

• Torn Banner (and Spike) did a great job on Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior.

• If you really want the answer do a poll.

• Usually far less costly being pessimistic.

I you are right you can say “told you so bitches” and avoid the game.

If you are wrong you just shrug it off and Have a good game anyway.

Being wrong as an optimist means you get a bad game and can feel betrayed.

Some of these people were probably optimists years ago. But the gaming industry was in a horrible state 2 yeas ago and bad shit still happens.

• @lemonater47:

Usually far less costly being pessimistic.

I you are right you can say “told you so bitches” and avoid the game.

If you are wrong you just shrug it off and Have a good game anyway.

Being wrong as an optimist means you get a bad game and can feel betrayed.

Some of these people were probably optimists years ago. But the gaming industry was in a horrible state 2 yeas ago and bad shit still happens.

Well said and yes you are right stabbed in the back.

• Because I’ve played it and it feels like a complete downgrade of chivalry with added gimmicks.

• @Alyx:

Because I’ve played it and it feels like a complete downgrade of chivalry with added gimmicks.

All the new maps and content anyone could ever ask for is “added gimmicks”? I will never understand you people.

• @adamcel6:

All the new maps and content anyone could ever ask for is “added gimmicks”? I will never understand you people.

New maps all look terrible in my opinon and none of them are TO.
    The fundemental gameplay feels disgusting, and there are more bugs than Chivalry’s beta.
    I’m not a fan of Deadliest Warrior and all of the glaring historical inaccuracies that it promotes, that being said I can still enjoy the dumb fun this game would provide if it wasn’t an unpolished turd.
    An opinion is an opinion, it’s not like it’s going to have any inpact on how the game is developed as it’s clear TBS has steered clear of any constructive feedback from the community.

• @Alyx:

@adamcel6:

The fundemental gameplay feels disgusting, and there are more bugs than Chivalry’s beta.
    I’m not a fan of Deadliest Warrior and all of the glaring historical inaccuracies that it promotes, that being said I can still enjoy the dumb fun this game would provide if it wasn’t an unpolished turd.
    An opinion is an opinion, it’s not like it’s going to have any inpact on how the game is developed as it’s clear TBS has steered clear of any constructive feedback from the community.

You can’t remember chivalries beta.

• @Alyx:

@adamcel6:

New maps look fine. It’s a freakin beta. It doesn’t “promote historical inaccuracies”, everyone knows about the greco-pirate wars. Unpolished turdiness is expected in a freakin beta. The game was built on feedback from the community.

3 choices.

1. Enjoy the great game it is.

2. Choose not to enjoy it, and don’t play it. (A respectable choice, do this)

3. Choose not to enjoy it, and not to play it, but also talk about how bad you think it is to other people in an attempt to make them not enjoy it either. (What you’re doing)

• @adamcel6:

Torn Banner (and Spike) did a great job on Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior.

The meme pretty much sums up my opinion.

• i think they just have to look at the combat,since it’s so fast you have no time to interrupt enemy attacks and becomes a trade hits party,thats why combat is bad at the moment and the only thing u can use is good footwork,if you don’t use it you die easily

• @adamcel6:

New maps look fine. It’s a freakin beta.

It’s beta sure, but there is less than a month until release and I just expected that the game would look and play better with it so close to release.
    I’m not confident in TBS’s ability to pollish the game in less than a month, it’s been a year since Chivalry Medieval Warfare’s release and it still lacks that finished pollish a game should have.

@adamcel6:

The game was built on feedback from the community.

Where can I view this feedback?
    There hasn’t been any relevant communication with TBS regarding Deadliest Warrior or Medieval Warfare at least in the public forum.

@adamcel6:

3 choices.

I don’t need to fufill an ultimatum from some guy on a videogame forum.

• @Alyx:

@adamcel6:

New maps look fine. It’s a freakin beta.

It’s beta sure, but there is less than a month until release and I just expected that the game would look and play better with it so close to release.
    I’m not confident in TBS’s ability to pollish the game in less than a month, it’s been a year since Chivalry Medieval Warfare’s release and it still lacks that finished pollish a game should have.

@adamcel6:

The game was built on feedback from the community.

Where can I view this feedback?
    There hasn’t been any relevant communication with TBS regarding Deadliest Warrior or Medieval Warfare at least in the public forum.

@adamcel6:

3 choices.

I don’t need to fufill an ultimatum from some guy on a videogame forum.

It was hard to find a page in Ideas and Suggestions that didn’t mention the addition of something that is now in DW.

And you’ve made choice 3. Keep being a sad, pessimistic nuisance.

• @adamcel6:

It was hard to find a page in Ideas and Suggestions that didn’t mention the addition of something that is now in DW.

That isn’t communication between TBS and the players.
    @adamcel6:

Sick ad hominem.

• @Alyx:

@adamcel6:

@adamcel6:

Sick ad hominem.

Keep being a sad, pessimistic nuisance.

• A lot of the features, mechanics and other ideas all came from the ideas and suggestions section. They merged it with the general discussion for some strange reason.

It is communication. Its them listening and acting. Problem is that sort of communicatation doesn’t make people feel any better. As is shown by your and many others posts. When they talk to us that’s the sort of communication that makes people happy.

That’s the way it is. Talking is better than just acting for some dumb reason. Torn banner should take advantage of it. Though acting on what you have said is often required for the long term.

• @Alyx:

@adamcel6:

@adamcel6:

Sick ad hominem.

Just curious, did you watch the latest episode of VSauce?

• Just want to say that I am glad I have some support in this thread. Some people just want to spread their unhappiness to others for some reason.

• @adamcel6:

Just want to say that I am glad I have some support in this thread. Some people just want to spread their unhappiness to others for some reason.

I mean, if he paid for it and isn’t pleased, a little griping is fine. Feedback is important anyway, he isn’t trying to “spread his unhappiness”, he’s voicing his concerns in hopes of something being done about them. If anything, he’s being more constructive than you.

• @Philoninternet:

@adamcel6:

Just want to say that I am glad I have some support in this thread. Some people just want to spread their unhappiness to others for some reason.

I mean, if he paid for it and isn’t pleased, a little griping is fine. Feedback is important anyway, he isn’t trying to “spread his unhappiness”, he’s voicing his concerns in hopes of something being done about them. If anything, he’s being more constructive than you.

Many people’s complaints are useless. People that don’t realise that this is a beta.