A Prediction

• Deadliest warrior servers WILL be as empty as original chivalry in 2-3 months.

Original chivalry servers, all told, peak about 1.7k users these past few months. (excluding the free weekends) It dips to as low as 480.

The game is only a year old and boasts a million sales and that’s all the concurrent it can attract?

Lemme give some perspective on this. Lets talk Dayz.

Dayz or Arma 2 OA sold around 1.5 million. The mod is older than Chiv and it still Dayz has roughly 70k concurrent users at any one time. Thats the kind of concurrent users you should have with a million+ sales and a year since release….Certainly not 1.7k.

Chivalry on sheer fun factor beats Dayz hands down. Its addictive and competitive. Overall good. So Whats wrong then? In my opinion its the same thing that’s wrong with all Diamonds in the ruff games. The developers…In Fairness to Torn banner they do go that extra mile for the community but at the same time they are not very diligent about addressing issues. They allow most to go unchecked and cant seem to fix an issue without creating a new one. For the player base this has been very frustrating and Id say besides the natural population decline of a game, this was factor number 1. If they addressed the buggs and listened to the competitive scene just a bit more, then Chiv would have had a longer run.

This expansion will be the final nail in its coffin. its too arcade and not what people was hoping for. I see this expansion as a cash grab.

• Original Chivalry servers are empty? I never have trouble finding several good servers with a good amount of people playing on them.

And what exactly is it you win?

• One thing is for sure is that it’s going to separate the active player base even further.
    The initial spike in players that steam sales and the release of Deadliest Warrior bring will not help the problem Chivalry has, player retention.

• This is why no one likes you Najo.

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Lets not attack each other just because someone’s opinion is different than yours. :)

• @Keith:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Lets not attack each other just because someone’s opinion is different than yours. :)

But my opinion is better.

• @lemonater47:

@Keith:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Lets not attack each other just because someone’s opinion is different than yours. :)

Your opinion is everywhere. :P

• @Keith:

Your opinion is everywhere. :P

omnipresence; now that’s something you don’t see everyday.

• Deadliest warrior servers WILL be as empty as original chivalry in 2-3 months.

Original chivalry servers, all told, peak about 1.7k users these past few months. (excluding the free weekends) It dips to as low as 480.

The game is only a year old and boasts a million sales and that’s all the concurrent it can attract?

Lemme give some perspective on this. Lets talk Dayz.

Dayz or Arma 2 OA sold around 1.5 million. The mod is older than Chiv and it still Dayz has roughly 70k concurrent users at any one time. Thats the kind of concurrent users you should have with a million+ sales and a year since release….Certainly not 1.7k.

Chivalry on sheer fun factor beats Dayz hands down. Its addictive and competitive. Overall good. So Whats wrong then? In my opinion its the same thing that’s wrong with all Diamonds in the ruff games. The developers…In Fairness to Torn banner they do go that extra mile for the community but at the same time they are not very diligent about addressing issues. They allow most to go unchecked and cant seem to fix an issue without creating a new one. For the player base this has been very frustrating and Id say besides the natural population decline of a game, this was factor number 1. If they addressed the buggs and listened to the competitive scene just a bit more, then Chiv would have had a longer run.

This expansion will be the final nail in its coffin. its too arcading and not what people where hoping for. I see this as a last attempt at a cash grab.

• Chivalry is a game that’s cheap and you can put down after a while.

Dayz is a time intensive game and has a huge modding scene. Whenever I play dayz its for like 3 hours minimum. Chivalry is about an hour or less usually.

It takes time to do things in dayz and its fun with your friends. We all try and be heros rather than bandits too which makes it even more fun and hilarious instead of just pointless killing everyone on site. DayZ can be more immersive but at times far more frustrating.

I think immersion and frustration go together.

Chivalry isn’t dead. Its rank 70-80 on the top 100 games list on steam. Better than mount and blade better than war of the roses. Better than red orchestra 2/rising storm another UDK game from a company similar to torn banner.

If you are gonna call chivalry dead there’s only about 30 games on steam that aren’t dead. Steam has tens of thousands of games on it.

• @lemonater47:

Chivalry is a game that’s cheap and you can put down after a while.

Dayz is a time intensive game and has a huge modding scene. Whenever I play dayz its for like 3 hours minimum. Chivalry is about an hour or less usually.

It takes time to do things in dayz and its fun with your friends. We all try and be heros rather than bandits too which makes it even more fun and hilarious instead of just pointless killing everyone on site. DayZ can be more immersive but at times far more frustrating.

I think immersion and frustration go together.

Chivalry isn’t dead. Its rank 70-80 on the top 100 games list on steam. Better than mount and blade better than war of the roses. Better than red orchestra 2/rising storm another UDK game from a company similar to torn banner.

If you are gonna call chivalry dead there’s only about 30 games on steam that aren’t dead. Steam has tens of thousands of games on it.

Just a sec, After the first top 5 games on steam… there is a** HUGE** drop off in numbers for every other game. Just because chiv is the top 70-80 (lol) means nothing. If 480 concurrent is not considered dead for a game with so many sales then what is considered dead?

The truth is that at its lowest moments chivalry is 720th top played game on steam. Piratically off the radar…. Not the top 70-80 top played game, which even that if it had of been true is still sad news for such a gem of a game.

• I dont thing that CDW was a cash grab that many claim. It was an opportunity too good not to pass up. When a national cable channel approaches you to partner up, it is a no brainer, specially if you already have most of the new game already done. In my opinion, it was a coup da ta to get this type of exposure at a fraction of the cost. Do you have any idea what it costs to get the voice guy from Spike to announce a 30 sec spot not to mention production cost and air time costs. This deal can give TB exposure they otherwise could not afford on top of cranking out another title in less than a year. For this they should be applauded.

However, that said, I have a slightly different prediction. Chivalry will still be the mainstay but some servers will naturally migrate over to CDW. People who host more than a few servers will for sure switch over, some will add. There is already a good number of CDW beta servers.

I think you will find that players will choose which game they prefer and some will bounce back and forth. The game that has the superior competitiveness will end up winning the day. Both will have far lower number of servers a year from now. I think CDW is more tailored to the casual player when Chiv is more tailored to the competitive but much of that has been nerfed. SO hopefully if the devs release the SDK for both and create the ability to download custom maps from servers or remote servers both will survive. But probably no where near it’s peak of about 6months ago.

• @CRUSHED:

@lemonater47:

Your a fucking idiot nothing more

always funny to see you post

That was a joke at the earlier fighting in this thread.

• my post wasn’t just directed towards this one post you made but all of yours

i wish there was some kind of ignorelist on the forums

• @CRUSHED:

my post wasn’t just directed towards this one post you made but all of yours

i wish there was some kind of ignorelist on the forums

Well it was a tad harsh.

And there is an ignore list. Click on my user and add me as a foe. All my posts will be blocked from your view.

In fact you fit into that “my opinion is better than your opinion” group. Telling torn banner to listen to the “right people”. You ain’t used to people disagreeing with you.

• Leave Crushed alone lemon, he has chronic anal fire, he can’t help it ^^

• @Hitom:

Leave Crushed alone lemon, he has chronic anal fire, he can’t help it ^^

^

• Well, around 500/1000 players at the same time for a game released one year ago (with so many bugs) is pretty good. But for a game which sold 1,2 MILLIONS copies as Torn Banner Studio likes to hammer it, that’s crap. Will Chivalry Deadlisest Warrior follow the same path ?

• @CRUSHED:

@lemonater47:

Your a fucking idiot nothing more

always funny to see you post

He has more opinions than I have hot girl pics so obviously better.

• @gregcau:

He has more opinions than I have hot girl pics so obviously better.

wrong!
    Hot girl pics > opinions.