Multi team last team standing…

• is insane!
    I don’t know how it will be in the long run but right now, it is so fookin awesome! I don’t think I have ever seen such good teamplay on public servers in any other game. In normal Chiv TO it is so hard to develop some teamplay. Just try to make your team regroup 3 minutes before the end of the round after you failed the current objective for 10 minutes. Sometimes it happens, but mostly it’s a waste of time.
    So many great stories I experienced in these two days, here are some snippets:

• joined the ninja team as knight and sneaked around with them
    • was taken captive by the white team
    • built a lasting alliance between knights and spartans to destroy the pirate supremacy
    • laid ambushes (whole team hiding, one ninja lures the enemy in)

I love the chaos and the randomness. You fight a duel with a samurai when three spartans come to fuck shit up. And suddenly you’re teamed up with the samurai to fight the common enemy :)

Negatives:

• rounds should be twice as long and the display of enemy locations on hud should be in the last two minutes
    • no win for the team with the most remaining men when the time is up, this leads to hiding and rewards teams with more members

• Totally agree with ur negatives, and ya, Multi team is awesome.

• Yeah, but they really need to implement a team balance system.
    I hate how it is now, when teams always end up looking like 1-3-8-2-4-2 players or something.

• Definitely one of the best things about this game. The impromptu teaming is often hilarious.
    Spawn locations need tweaking though.

@B4RK:

Yeah, but they really need to implement a team balance system.

Don’t worry:
    @SlyGoat:

Multiteam autobalance is disabled while the kinks are worked out.

• @fvonb:

• no win for the team with the most remaining men when the time is up, this leads to hiding and rewards teams with more members

I agree with this. My biggest fear for this gamemode is that teams will just hide away, wait for the other teams to kill eachother off and then go in to sweep up the scraps. Or waiting for the time to go out if they still have a full team.

Also, spawns need to be better. Sometimes one out of every team spawn among the enemies. That’s scary shit. You spawn, you are alone, you see the indicators of your whole team on the other side of the map, you hear enemies shouting, you turn around and you see their entire army marching towards you. Oh shit. A few times, though, they have let me run off without giving chase. Thank you.

• @SavageBeatings:

Also, spawns need to be better. Sometimes one out of every team spawn among the enemies. That’s scary shit. You spawn, you are alone, you see the indicators of your whole team on the other side of the map, you hear enemies shouting, you turn around and you see their entire army marching towards you. Oh shit. A few times, though, they have let me run off without giving chase. Thank you.

I see what you mean, but honestly I like the spawn system. The first objective you have is to regroup, you have to pick up your brothers. This also counters camping/hiding because you have an “objective”. And I like to believe it was especially implemented for this reason.

Autobalance on this should be very, very lax or it leads to frustration. If I want to play as spartan I want to play as spartan and not as ninja, just because they are one guy less. And if there is team green with 6 players and owns because every other team has like 3-4 players, noone from team green should be switched. It’s the other teams’ fault then.

• @fvonb:

@SavageBeatings:

I see what you mean, but honestly I like the spawn system. The first objective you have is to regroup, you have to pick up your brothers. This also counters camping/hiding because you have an “objective”. And I like to believe it was especially implemented for this reason.

Autobalance on this should be very, very lax or it leads to frustration. If I want to play as spartan I want to play as spartan and not as ninja, just because they are one guy less. And if there is team green with 6 players and owns because every other team has like 3-4 players, noone from team green should be switched. It’s the other teams’ fault then.

Well with 6 teams you would have a 5/6 chance to be on the team you want rather than a 1/2 chance.

If they do autobalance the easiest way. Which I think they will given their past.

• @fvonb:

So, having just played some more of this game mode, I can say NO WAY to this. I am fucking tired of spawning in enemy spawns all the fucking time! It’s Last Team Standing, so you only have that one life, and when you get spawnkilled you have to wait a long fucking time until you get to spawn again because these matches only seem to end when time runs out. And then you spawn again, and so happen to spawn among the ninjas and they cut you down before you even get control over your character. This happens all the time I play this game mode. Every time some enemy spawn among us, I let him be. But my team mates never do. And then everyone laughs at how he got chopped down so quickly, while he curses the game. I don’t think this is a feature that TBS implemented on purpose. Too many people are raging on this online, including me. And yes, I was the one who was chopped down and laughed at. They were like “I love how this one Knight spawned among us ninjas, and we all teamed up on him hahaha”.

• @dudeface:

@SlyGoat:

Multiteam autobalance is disabled while the kinks are worked out.

Oh, nice!

• longer LTS? no thanks. I hate it when you end up in a 4v1 situation cause you spawn far away from your team and die during the first 20 sec of a LTS round and just sit there for 2mins+ it’s ridicolous. Although I agree that the teamwork is great, but the gamemode is boring.

• Wait, CAPTURED? How is that a thing?

• @Xylvion:

longer LTS? no thanks. I hate it when you end up in a 4v1 situation cause you spawn far away from your team and die during the first 20 sec of a LTS round and just sit there for 2mins+ it’s ridicolous. Although I agree that the teamwork is great, but the gamemode is boring.

I remember spawning and a spartan just threw his spear=dead. The moment I spawned I didn’t even walk 3 steps before I was dead.

Lol I think they magically assume that because you’re from the winning side you must therefore be a MLG pro who can take on a whole entire team.

• LTS definitely needs to be longer. If you don’t want to wait around after you die, I suggest you don’t play LTS. The good strategy generally starts around 2 minutes and the game is almost over by then. I also like the staggered spawning. Sometimes you’re brutally outnumbered and die, but I remember the times I kill 6 Samurai and stand there and scream bloody murder more often. (Actually happened yesterday. My Knight sat 3 or 4 tables of Samurai, one table of 6, two tables of 4 and a five I think.)
    Maybe that could be sorted slightly better by matching classes to different spawn points to play on strengths and weaknesses based on numeracy.

• When I opened this topic I never spawned really that shitty. Far away from my team yes, but not right next to enemies. And that was cool. But today I experienced multiple times what you guys are talking about, like spawning next to three samurais aka insta death. That must obviously be fixed.

@ArchimedesWithASword:

Wait, CAPTURED? How is that a thing?

Six whites killed all my teammates and I was trapped in a corner. I just packed my weapon away and bowed, screaming “HELP!” and “Sorry!”. They let me live to fight in the first line of their deciding fight with the red team. We won.