Viking Balance/Where's My Flail :'(

• Viking is probably my favorite class in the beta, but right now it’s special ability is very underwhelming. Very rarely do you actually get to enter the berserk mode because chances are your foe is going to parry at one point or another. While it’s a cool idea in order for it to be worth using it will need a total redesign.

Suggested change:

• Only have the build up to the berserk mode be canceled if you take damage. Being parried doesn’t reset it and neither does you parrying. Basically, the more hits you deal without taking damage, the faster you attack. There should also be some sort of bar under stamina to let the player know how much “rage” they have.

I think the most disappointing thing thus far in the beta is the lack of my precious Flail. I know this wasn’t the most popular weapon but I feel that it would be much more interesting to have rather than mace. I don’t dislike the mace, it’s just that it isn’t the most exciting of weapons.

Of course, there’s an opportunity for something even better, Viking with DUAL FLAILS. Can you imagine anything more terrifying than a raged filled viking swinging two flails at you, I sure can’t.

• Crap I pretty much made a thread about the exact same thing. The Vikings special ability feels so pointless in it’s current state.

In my opinion, the speed bonus from Berserk should degrade over time, so you couldn’t simply spawn and build it up. It should degrade really fast (like in 5-10 seconds), but nothing else should stop you from losing the bonus.

If TB wanted to make the ability REALLY good, they should make it so you go truly berserk (perhaps by pressing the V button thats usually for dodging/rolling). Attack speed builds up when attacking, it builds up if you get blocked and it builds up if you take damage, but then if you run out of stamina and/or are out of combat for some time, the beserk wears off and you can’t activate it again for a while.

• I totally agree with OP
    (maybe with the exception of the flails which i really don’t care for… besides, dual flailing would probably leave the user and his allies more injured than he’s enemy in real life)

The ‘berserker mode’ needs a buff… its useless atm… you need to swing prematurely (before you reach your enemy) just to build the ‘level 1 berserk stage’ which takes out like 25-30% stamina…

Yes… you keep the stamina if you hit opponenets and thats all great… except for the fact the zerker mode stops as soon as it reaches its peak and you’ve gotta start all over again (with 10% stamina left, in the middle of a bunch of foes) - next to impossible…

There is no class who relies on stamina as much as Viking…

to add to the problem: if the viking is attacked, the zerk is gone. If he’s attack (just 1 attack) is parried or blocked the zerk is gone…

There are SO many disadvantedges to Viking atm… its all cool that they can toss shields and weapons… but really… i feel like the berserker mode is what defines the “viking class”… if this ability is not greatly improved, or if there is no addition to either armor/health/stamina… the viking will be “that shit class nobody plays”…

TB… you need to review the Vikings berserker mode, or he’s stamina… OR he’s armor…

(anyone else tried Vikings VS knights mode? - Yeah… Knights win without losing a single team member 60% of the time, which is way too much for a “fair battle”)

• I feel like Viking is supposed to be the “glass cannon” of the game, capable of dealing put tons of punishment in a short amount of time if played well but isn’t as tough as a knight or samurai. Right now however, the only thing they have going for them is weapon throws. While cool and fun, they aren’t overly practical and deal so-so damage for sacrificing your primary weapon.

Captain Americaing someone is satisfying, but giving up your shield for it isn’t necessarily the smart thing to do. I feel all of their weapons need to be recoverable, even if they land. You can somethings get your hammer back but I enjoy seeing a coward get a Skeggox in his back when he tries to run.

Also, if you haven’t tried flail in MW I suggest you try it. It’s a very different playstyle that is all about gaining and keeping momentum. Also, don’t forget to use shield “stabs” frequently and the faster-than-average shield bash to create openings for an overhead.

• I honestly really hope that Vikings aren’t mean to be glass cannons. They’re brawlers that should be able to keep a fight going. While they obviously shouldn’t be as tanky as Knights, I feel like they should be the second tankiest class. Knight > Viking > Samurai > Spartan > Ninja > Pirate.

• @El:

I honestly really hope that Vikings aren’t mean to be glass cannons. They’re brawlers that should be able to keep a fight going. While they obviously shouldn’t be as tanky as Knights, I feel like they should be the second tankiest class. Knight > Viking > Samurai > Spartan > Ninja > Pirate.

i wholeheartedly agree!! (Quote Agatha Vangaurd)

vikings as glass cannons will bring shame to the true viking who endured more than most people in combat and still retained he’s aggressive fighting style, even if critically wounded, they would still march on with the promise of the ‘afterlife’ in valhalla, Kinda like muslim extremists do it today (Jihad)… but with more honor and less stupidity…

• Personally I would rather see a change in how they pick up weapons, if they kill someobdy with it, they should still be able to pick it up, but be added like a cast time on 2-3 seconds, to pull the weapon out of the corpse.

• Will vikings be able to feint? As of now, i’m not able to feint with some viking weapons.

• I sincerly want some steel knuckles for vikings (or something) making their fists a lot harder than everyone elses. Because they can throw their weapons away and then they only got their fists left. And I wouldn’t mind them having stronger punches.

• @Xylvion:

I sincerly want some steel knuckles for vikings (or something) making their fists a lot harder than everyone elses. Because they can throw their weapons away and then they only got their fists left. And I wouldn’t mind them having stronger punches.

+1

• @Xylvion:

I sincerly want some steel knuckles for vikings (or something) making their fists a lot harder than everyone elses. Because they can throw their weapons away and then they only got their fists left. And I wouldn’t mind them having stronger punches.

Viking is probably my favorite class, as much as I’d like some knuckles to punch with after I get done sling shotting my socks at the enemy, it’s high risk high reward and can’t really be gifted op fists… Ninjas would bring home the Fisticup by that logic anyways, no?

• @Xylvion:

i would actually vouch for this… Vikings are known to be like… barbarians… VERY strong… their empires foundation was built on “who is the best warrior”-factor… so yeah… perhaps give them default better damage at fist combat… however… i can see people complaining about this in “boxing match” servers… but thats a different discussion for another time…