FFS, redo the game finaly.

• I think its time to stop doing new things and redo that game from the ground up - its time to spend all that cash you guys got through the sales and pay some proper programmers and animators. I know TB was born out of a mod group, but it’s been years since then and you guys still haven’t seemed to have developed any proper skills since then - and before you continue to ruin this games future, pay someone more experienced to do the job.

It seriously pisses me off to see things like hit detection and networking get worse every patch. Lag compensation is basically non existent and trying to block and hit something now days is worse than it has ever been.

Also love how the server browser and game settings have NEVER properly worked.

Get your shit together or sell the IP so someone can do it properly, you guys are blocking the market from having a quality version of this game existing.

• They have positions available.

No ones taking them.

You can’t jus push a button and make a Programmer appear.

• I never had problems with hit detection or parry.

must be a PEBCAK

• I can not ever remember the nooblets whining being this bad in CMW ;s
    And FYI OP. TBS got more skills then you will ever muster your entire life.

• Let’s stop spitting on people saying Chivalry is full of bugs, that’s a FACT. Hitboxes and lags have always be a part of Chivalry and will always be since nobody wants/can fix that. Anyway, what’s the point of saying crap like TBS have skills we don’t have ?! Of course they have. They are the DEVELOPERS and we are the GAMERS. We pay and play games, they are meant to work properly……

• I love Chivalry, especially deadliest warrior now…

But I have to agree some basic stuff does not work correctly. Parrying for example. Parrying is one of the most important thing in this game, yet 30% of the time it simply is not recognized, even though the block is perfectly aimed and timed and there’s no lag… In deadliest warrior it is even worse than in the main game!

Instead of pushing new content out, and fixing minor problems, repair the basic stuff of the game!

• @Tingle:

I think its time to stop doing new things and redo that game from the ground up - its time to spend all that cash you guys got through the sales and pay some proper programmers and animators. I know TB was born out of a mod group, but it’s been years since then and you guys still haven’t seemed to have developed any proper skills since then - and before you continue to ruin this games future, pay someone more experienced to do the job.

It seriously pisses me off to see things like hit detection and networking get worse every patch. Lag compensation is basically non existent and trying to block and hit something now days is worse than it has ever been.

Also love how the server browser and game settings have NEVER properly worked.

Get your shit together or sell the IP so someone can do it properly, you guys are blocking the market from having a quality version of this game existing.

They are working with an old engine, have you seen the code and what they have to do to make things work.

I do agree it is time to start something new, with a new engine that allows for a solid architecture, easier integration with steam, easier to fix bugs, add content etc.

• When the SDK is finished, they could do exaclty this: Start something entirely new. The community would push out new content for them!

• Yeah, UDK engine is really old. No idea why they would use it, heh. Come to think of it, are there any engines that don’t put limits? I’ve only heard elsewise of Unity, Source, and CryTech. Chivalry would be epic on CryTech but then the market would only be people with badass computers.

• @Event:

Yeah, UDK engine is really old. No idea why they would use it, heh. Come to think of it, are there any engines that don’t put limits? I’ve only heard elsewise of Unity, Source, and CryTech. Chivalry would be epic on CryTech but then the market would only be people with badass computers.

You wouldn’t need to have a badass computer to run the crytech engine, It depends on the skills of the developers using that engine and creating the resources for that engine to use. If you were to use a bunch of 4k textures with a bunch of characters with 100k polygons character model also in high resolution textures you’re going to start stretching the end users machines, So you gotta cut off and make some compromises so your game isn’t just aimed at the hardcore enthusiast but also the casual user too.

• people nowadays judge an engine on its age? oh wow

• UDK isn’t without horrible technical faults, but it’s one of the few reasonably professional engines out there that has a licensing agreement suitable for a small startup.

• @CRUSHED:

I never had problems with hit detection or parry.

must be a PEBCAK

Same. I’ve never had a failed parry, or failed hit detection in closed beta. I’m assuming the majority of problems are lag, and the blame is being put on the detection. This leads to a slope of “they’re incompetent , cant program, etc etc.”

Most are annoyed with how CMW turned out, but at least let them try with DW before crucifying them. An open beta has more players and more stress. Almost every modern game goes through a bad launch (lag, bugs, etc), and this one hasn’t even launched yet. If after launch it’s still bad, then feel free to put them on a cross, yell about bad patches, and tell them to hire new staff. Until then provide detailed feedback without all the unnecessary rage. I don’t see how it helps.

• I’d gladly buy a sequel to Chivalry running in a new engine, but for now, I’m happy with what I’ve got.
    I know Unreal Engine is supposed to be a very user friendly engine to work with, but it just doesn’t work for advanced combat mechanics like Chivalry’s, and games running on it are often buggy in general.

• @CRUSHED:

people nowadays judge an engine on its age? oh wow

Yes because older engines can’t utlitize some effects and techniques that newer ones can. It’s not bias, It’s just logic.

You wouldn’t expect to go run DX11 and Physx on something like a Lithtech engine, Those effects just weren’t initialized on those engines back then because the technology just didn’t exist and there is a limitation to how much the engine can actually handle before the engine breaks, This is why they developed the unreal engine 4 now because they can utilize more effects that they couldn’t initially on the unreal engine 3.

You’ve got all these software developers also like Microsoft, Nvidia, AMD etc. They’re constantly releasing new software and technology that would allow people who develop game engines to utilize within their game engine.

So yes age is a huge contributing factor on whether or not we should judge something such as game engines, Because it’s always such a dynamic market.

• Unreal 4 wasn’t out when they made chivalry.

• @lemonater47:

Unreal 4 wasn’t out when they made chivalry.

What is your point? Nobody said they should have made it with Unreal 4…

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

Unreal 4 wasn’t out when they made chivalry.

What is your point? Nobody said they should have made it with Unreal 4…

The were talking about the engine. The unreal engine is a good engine for beginner developers like for banner were when they were making chivalry medieval warfare.

I mean what engine do you want it in? And how easy would it be to use it?

• Many times I wish they would have just stuck with the HL2 engine and really pushed it even farther because it didn’t reach it’s max potential. But there were so many advantages to it even for an older engine.

• @Retsnom:

Many times I wish they would have just stuck with the HL2 engine and really pushed it even farther because it didn’t reach it’s max potential. But there were so many advantages to it even for an older engine.

There were also numerous disadvantages that made it extremely impractical to carry on with it.

@SirBlade:

Yes because older engines can’t utlitize some effects and techniques that newer ones can. It’s not bias, It’s just logic.

The age of a game doesn’t have much to do with the combat mechanics. The graphics for chiv are decent enough that I don’t care, the core part is the gameplay mechanics. U3 might be somewhat old, but I doubt its the major cause of gameplay problems

@CRUSHED:

I never had problems with hit detection or parry.

must be a PEBCAK

I’ve found that hit detection is much better myself in C:DW as well. Shields are actually viable too now, 'specially if you’re playing a spartan.