[Suggestion] Ninja

• Playing as a ninja as my main,I’ve played the spartan and knight as well a little exstensively since the game came out. For the spartan the combo between stab and shield bash is lightning fast, It’s so fast that you don’t even get enough time to riposte. The only way I’ve been able to counter it is to C dodge and get around it but if they’re intelligent enough they can just keep facehugging you.

There isn’t a huge speed gap between all the classes in this game, And I think that’s a problem. The only good things about being a ninja is the silent footsteps and speed, Seeming one can be countered just by using 3rd person and the other isn’t even that big of a margin to the point where you can truly appreciate it, There isn’t a whole lot of reason to play the ninja. It feels cool charging a group of people with a group of ninjas but it always ends in ninjas getting wiped.

These are my opinions on the changes that need to happen to ninja, Any criticism on them is fine.

Ninja needs a 5% speed boost, I feel like this would relatively be enough for the ninja to safely stay out of reach of the spartans shield bashing combo and give enough wiggle room so the ninja isn’t constantly on the defense.

Dodge needs to be faster, By this I mean the animation needs to play faster, There is also a small delay after the dodge animation finishes where the ninja is unable to move, I’m sure this will be ironed out.

The main attacking option for ninja is the ninjato, Many people share this consensus. But the ninjato is a 5 hit kill on knights and a 4 on samurai, The only way the ninja can overwhelm a knight or a samurai is to use the Metsubushi, I personally keep them as an escaping option so that I can distance myself between my attacker and run away till I can find a better opening for attack.

One more suggestion would be to add a backstabbing bonus I said this on another thread and seen it mentioned on another. This would give ninjas increased tactical advantage when attacking from the back and it is truly fitting for a ninja.

• I could not agree more. Ninja is so fun, but let’s face it: They are pretty much the weakest class ATM (Even weaker than the viking :P).

I would like to add, the smokepots need a buff too.

• They’re not THAT weak though, in Pirate vs Ninja fights, the ninjas have won 100% of all the games I’ve been in. And yes, both teams have been even in quantity.

As well as in multi-LTS, the Ninjas sneak around as a silent death squad, hushing everyone before they silently backstab whoever is alive and injured from the real fights.

• @SavageBeatings:

They’re not THAT weak though, in Pirate vs Ninja fights, the ninjas have won 100% of all the games I’ve been in. And yes, both teams have been even in quantity.

As well as in multi-LTS, the Ninjas sneak around as a silent death squad, hushing everyone before they silently backstab whoever is alive and injured from the real fights.

I have yet to see ninjas win on that map.

• @Xylvion:

@SavageBeatings:

They’re not THAT weak though, in Pirate vs Ninja fights, the ninjas have won 100% of all the games I’ve been in. And yes, both teams have been even in quantity.

It happens, but very rare. Imo,that map should be night time, makes no sense that ninjas would attack the pirates in the middle of the day.

• @Xylvion:

@SavageBeatings:

Neither, Not sure if it’s just Australian players. But I feel like pirates have a more than fair chance against ninjas on that stage. Their sabers aren’t bad either. They’re a 2 hit kill on the ninja and vice versa with the ninjato and the pirate. I never fight a pirate with full HP I always get my health eaten away before I’m able to fight them.

• @Xylvion:

@SavageBeatings:

I’ve seen them win quite a few times, mostly when they send a few ninjas to use smoke bombs and other distractions so that the others can sneak around the back.

• I think the ninja class has got great potential.

Here are my suggestions for the ninja. Tin hat on.

-Wall running. Imagine if the ninja class could briefly run along the sides of walls (mirrors edge/ jedi knight 2 style).

-Double jump. The ninja class should be able to jump over the top of players, however, not out of reach of an overhead. To make it fair, the ninja class could suffer double damage if hit mid-flight.

-Propulsion off walls. The ninja class should be able to propel themselves off walls. This would again bring a whole new dimension to the class and would make it more fun.