As much as I love Deadliest Warrior…

• Isn’t it a bit fundamentally flawed from a technical aspect?
    In Dealiest Warrior, the pace of the combat has increased significantly. The game relies much more on precision positioning, quick timing and what not. For gameplay like this to work, you really need as little lag as possible.

Yet,the expansion seems to embrace very large maps and game modes designed for a great amount of players. It is no secret that Chivalry never has been able to handle many players very well, adding atrocious lag to the otherwise great game. (Personally, I’ve never found a full 64 player server where the average ping wasn’t around 200 ms)

So in a nutshell, I feel like Dealiest Warrior has combat that requires little to no lag, yet it wants us to play on huge servers that inevitably do lag.

I’m not even sure why I felt the need to post this. It’s just been boggling my mind.

• They’re making smaller versions of the current maps.

@SlyGoat:

Cut down maps for smaller playercounts are coming soon. It’s a lot easier to make large maps and cut them down later than to turn a small map into a bigger one.

• @Peculiar:

They’re making smaller versions of the current maps.

I’m aware of that, and that’s good. But if you look at how the maps are designed, you’ll see that they are all very large empty spaces suited for large-scaled battles. The maps in Medieval Warfare were great, especially the desert one, and it seems to me like Deadliest Warrior will lack any maps like those due to the this large-scaled nature.

• Its really buggy

• 32+ players on a server are already spamfests lol. This should be interesting to see how TBS deals with lag.

• I was playing on Australian server earlier with 48 people on it, The server stayed a stable 60-80 ping for everyone, I can imagine at 64 it’d be borderline 100.

• How do I delete my thread? I don’t see any reason for this topic to remain here.
    It was a dumb topic with no real point to it.

• @B4RK:

How do I delete my thread? I don’t see any reason for this topic to remain here.
    It was a dumb topic with no real point to it.

Whoa there chill out, you have a very valid point. The maps are a bit oversized and its well known that chivalry starts to crack at the seams around 32 players let alone DW. Is the dev team sending you death threats or something?

• @SirBlade:

I was playing on Australian server earlier with 48 people on it, The server stayed a stable 60-80 ping for everyone, I can imagine at 64 it’d be borderline 100.

Well the only 64 player server we got is in Western Australia. So everyone will have 100 ping anyway.

But yeah the severs hold well when you kick all those with high ping. But the really need an autokick. So we can actually host 64 player servers without there needing to be admins constantly kicking those with high ping.

Come on torn banner. It shouldn’t be that hard to make it.

• @lemonater47:

@SirBlade:

I was playing on Australian server earlier with 48 people on it, The server stayed a stable 60-80 ping for everyone, I can imagine at 64 it’d be borderline 100.

Well the only 64 player server we got is in Western Australia. So everyone will have 100 ping anyway.

But yeah the severs hold well when you kick all those with high ping. But the really need an autokick. So we can actually host 64 player servers without there needing to be admins constantly kicking those with high ping.

Come on torn banner. It shouldn’t be that hard to make it.

lemonater… actually agreeing with the rest of the community and demanding something from TBS?

The end is nigh…