Ninja class needs help (design-wise)

• Hi,

I’ve been playing the beta and am having tons of fun and I’m training to be a Ninja (I was a Man-at-arms in MW).

One thing that annoyed the hell out of me is the lack of props and doodads in the maps to hide in/behind. It’s just big buildings and lanes. Also buildings that can’t be entered. For instance the big buildings could have a entrances (and lot’s of them) that only hold 1 small room or a hallway, and are inaccessible otherwise. That way you could quickly go in and out of the building to hide or ambush enemy patrols.

• Maps
    • please add lot’s of props and doodads such as broken carts, crates with their sides open, small huts, tents, rocks, holes in the ground, ponds etcetera etcetera.
    • please allow entrances to buildings and have small rooms or hallways in them (even if they are only 2 meters long and 1 meter wide, still better than nothing).
    • please allow crags and ‘caves’ in rock formations etc, to hide in.
    • Ninja Model
    • please resize the entire model to 80 or so percent of what is is now, ninja’s aren’t big brawly dudes like knights and samurai. They should be small (also helps in hiding)
    • Rolling
    • please make rolling more effective, make it roll a little further or speed up the animation. I used to dodge like crazy in MW and that has it’s advantages. Rolling not so much because the animation sort of disallows you to position and attack properly.
    • please allow rolling from a crouched perspective (one button dodge bind). (I bind to middle mouse, as does my friend).

Anyway thanks for releasing the beta. I hope you guys can help me out in this regard. At least about the maps. Thanks

• Could someone respond please? :)

• Sure.

props and doodads sound great but the maps are obviously in early stages and need work (they have already said they would reduce the size).

Model reduction would be great, female ninja would be better. Might screw up the hit boxes though, such that it looks like it misses but you actually hit. Reducing the hitbox would give an unfair advantage.

I agree the roll should be further to make the ninja cooler.

• Not sure what you mean about the one button dodge bind, I’m pretty sure if you press “V” you will roll in the direction you’re moving.

The roll is quite different from the Man at arms dodge, which I think is good. It’s quite often easy to roll up to people and dodge their attack, since most people don’t aim for the legs you should dodge horizontal swings and stabs at least.

As for the map design stuff, I think Ninjas already have a lot of good options flanking wise, and adding lots of extra “doodads” to the maps probably isn’t going to help the already poor performance in large games.

Things like cubby holes and (especially) tight corridors probably aren’t going to help anyone else more than pirates with blunderbusses.

• Ninja aren’t midgets either. They are already the smallest class and they walk around almost crouched. The roll acts as a duck too.

• @lemonater47:

Ninja aren’t midgets either. They are already the smallest class and they walk around almost crouched. The roll acts as a duck too.

This. Ninja are smaller already and stand very low. They are incredibly powerful already, just takes some adjusting. You’ll get used to it.

• @gregcau:

Sure.

props and doodads sound great but the maps are obviously in early stages and need work (they have already said they would reduce the size).

Model reduction would be great, female ninja would be better. Might screw up the hit boxes though, such that it looks like it misses but you actually hit. Reducing the hitbox would give an unfair advantage.

Heh, why do we need female ninjas… Do we have to cram political correctness into every caveat of modern life?

• Hard to make ninjas 1vs1 compatible. Should they be able to take on a knight or spartan (of the same skill level) in a duel? I don’t know, probably not. They have a very specific role: flank and kill stragglers. How often did I fall behind to reload my crossbow or regen when I was suddenly surrounded by three ninjas and noone hearing my desperate “HALP!” screams.
    And even so, I think they are really tough to fight right now. Of course they die quickly when hit, but hitting them is ultra hard and nearly only possible with slashes. Plus, they have attacks that are really hard to identify (short windup, no sound) and their ripostes are super fast.

• @gregcau:

Sure.

I’ve said it before, and ill say it again (to you specificly) CHIVALRY IS NO PLACE FOR GIRLS!

Imagine this: “FOR AGATHAAAA”
    Female warrior: scream

• Horribly annoying… and it takes out the manliness of medieval warfare… (not the actual game)
      i will be damned the day im charging at my enemy as a mighty viking, accompanied by a bunch of pussies screaming their female lungs out for the annoyance of everyone - all just because you are a horny dude who are fascinated by anime/hentai… NO THANKS…

Also: no offense… i like girls… just not in Chivalry… its a mans game… if you want to play female fighters there is other games… like Tekken… or stuff like that… hack’n’slash games were never intended for women.

• @fvonb:

Hard to make ninjas 1vs1 compatible. Should they be able to take on a knight or spartan (of the same skill level) in a duel? I don’t know, probably not. They have a very specific role: flank and kill stragglers. How often did I fall behind to reload my crossbow or regen when I was suddenly surrounded by three ninjas and noone hearing my desperate “HALP!” screams.
    And even so, I think they are really tough to fight right now. Of course they die quickly when hit, but hitting them is ultra hard and nearly only possible with slashes. Plus, they have attacks that are really hard to identify (short windup, no sound) and their ripostes are super fast.

If the knight doesn’t have a shield? They will get murdered with shurikens. I’ve done some limited dueling with ninja and I have not been disappointed with the class.

• @wyrda78:

If the knight doesn’t have a shield? They will get murdered with shurikens. I’ve done some limited dueling with ninja and I have not been disappointed with the class.

Yeah I fully agree, as a knight I have a harder time fighting a ninja than a spartan. They just die fast in teammodes in the main fights where they get surrounded and squished like flies. That is simply not their territory, they have no place in the front line. But killing stragglers and “archers”, damn they are good for that.

• They’re actually surprisingly good at team fights with their role ability.

• I agree with everything you just said xD

• @wyrda78:

They’re actually surprisingly good at team fights with their role ability.

Are you high? How does rolling benefit a team, It benefits you. If you want to do something for the team as a ninja you use your Metsubushi.

• @fvonb:

Hard to make ninjas 1vs1 compatible. Should they be able to take on a knight or spartan (of the same skill level) in a duel? I don’t know, probably not. They have a very specific role: flank and kill stragglers. How often did I fall behind to reload my crossbow or regen when I was suddenly surrounded by three ninjas and noone hearing my desperate “HALP!” screams.

Haha! You are the biggest troll on the planet! Is anyone else having a laugh at this guy? He read my thread about ninjas and suddenly he’s calling ninja’s really strong and “ultra hard to hit”. My sides hurt.

• @Slight:

Haha! You are the biggest troll on the planet! Is anyone else having a laugh at this guy? He read my thread about ninjas and suddenly he’s calling ninja’s really strong and “ultra hard to hit”. My sides hurt.

Seems like I fought a decent ninja… :D

• @fvonb:

@Slight:

There are some noob ninjas out there. You can cut your way through 4 of them on your own sometimes then get completely raped by a single ninja another time.

Some people know how to play the class. Some people don’t and they complain about it.

• @fvonb:

@Slight:

There are some noob ninjas out there. You can cut your way through 4 of them on your own sometimes then get completely raped by a single ninja another time.

Some people know how to play the class. Some people don’t and they complain about it.

• @Jaggsaw:

No offense… i like girls… just not in Chivalry… its a mans game… if you want to play female fighters there is other games… like Tekken… or stuff like that… hack’n’slash games were never intended for women.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onna_bugeisha (Samurai)
    2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mochizuki_Chiyome (Ninja)
    3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shieldmaiden (Viking)
    4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_piracy (Pirate)
    5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_of_Arc (Knight)

You are a sexist idiot, and yes you should feel bad.

On a broader note, this community isn’t mature enough to discuss female warriors.

P.S.: If you’re wondering to yourself, “Do you mean me?” or “Hey, I’m mature enough!” then you are in the immature pile too.

• @SirBlade:

@wyrda78:

They’re actually surprisingly good at team fights with their role ability.

Are you high? How does rolling benefit a team, It benefits you. If you want to do something for the team as a ninja you use your Metsubushi.

I meant 1 vs x