Suggestion: Adding Romans

• I think if they should ever add anymore factions to the game one of them should be Roman cause i think they would fit in nicely.

Such as the Praetorian guard.

What do you think?

• Originally the roman centurion was one of the warriors out of the TV show, I’m honestly a little suprised they chose the pirate over the Persian Immortals, Rajput Warrior or Roman Centurion.

• @SirBlade:

Originally the roman centurion was one of the warriors out of the TV show, I’m honestly a little suprised they chose the pirate over the Persian Immortals, Rajput Warrior or Roman Centurion.

Pirate is more fun - pistols, rum etc. The diversity of weapon types is certainly a cool feature of DW.

• I’m not sure, I was thinking about it as well but I feel like the Romans would just be like Spartans but bigger shields and no spears.

• Pirate was almost equal to ninja on my poll.

A poll of 10 warriors after the announcement of Spartans and samurai the other 4 warriors were in the top 5 of the poll. Romans came in second in the poll after Vikings. I already knew what the other 4 were being an alpha tester and all. I just wanted to see what the community liked as to see it on banner made the right choices. Which they pretty much did it seemed by that poll. Knight was 5th. Pirate and ninja were battling for 3rd pirate being 4th ninja getting 3rd. Roman legionary/centurion was second by quite a bit and Viking hands down was 1st by miles.

They should add a post Marian legionary with his armour the plated thing (lorica somethingorrather). And there should be an unlockable centurion helmet and cape amount other things.

They could also have a variety of weapons and even two shields.

Scutum (big curved rectangular shield)
    Large Celtic shield. (Roman officers used them sometimes to show their rank and auxiliaries and Calvary used it too).

Pompeii gladius (straight edged with a sharp point)
    Hispanus gladius (A bit shorter and the blade curves inwards in the centre)
    Spatha (a longer sword 80cm to a metre long Celtic in origin)
    Cavalry spatha (the same but without the pointy end to stop riders stabbing their feet or horses)
    Espasa (Iberian shortsword used by the Romans in the Punic wars)
    Pugio (the strangest dagger you have ever seen made by the Romans)

Light Pilum (Could be thrown quite far)
    Heavy Pilum (this could pierce the heaviest of shields when thrown)

Contrary to popular belief most pila were not made to bend on impact. They certainly did that though. After the reforms making the shank bendy wasn’t common as they could double up as a spear to fight cavalry.

Hasta (a 6-8 foot long spear used by the old Triarii and later auxiliary and cavalry most of whom were auxiliaries)
    Sling (yes all roman legionaries carried a sling with 4-8 lead rounds. Most people don’t know this bit they were easy to make and the ammunition could also be made fast. In battle if necessary). Used when Romans were defending positions. Lead is very easy to melt and mould. Its also very dense and probably the densest material known to man back then.)

Romans have plenty of variety. I mean if they added all of this they would be the most diverse warrior.