Pirate Hate Thread

• So here are a few of the reasons that you should hate those scallywags:
    -There are always so many of them. In every server there are like 7 of them and they just shoot in one general direction and stuff dies.
    -They steal kills. When you’ve fought a long-hard fight and then just die, and they you’re like wow how did he land that hit and then you see in the killfeed it was some pirate that you couldn’t see…
    -They do so much damage. So much.
    -The guns are almost hitscan. No proper fuse timer.

SO those are the RATIONAL reasons to hate pirates, and who needs those, right?!?!
    VENT YOUR ANGER HERE!

• I actually really like Pirates, unfortunately. I think they’ve been done so much better in CDW than in PVK2. If they miss, they’re practically a free kill.

• And this f*cking sound when you get hit by a gun… it always blows my ears apart!

Every other sound is perfectly fine, but this sound…

• @HammelGammel:

And this f*cking sound when you get hit by a gun… it always blows my ears apart!

Realism. Have you heard the sound of them in real life. Not on videos and stuff and camera mics don’t pick up the sound well. Or any explosion.

• @lemonater47:

@HammelGammel:

And this f*cking sound when you get hit by a gun… it always blows my ears apart!

Realism. Have you heard the sound of them in real life. Not on videos and stuff and camera mics don’t pick up the sound well. Or any explosion.

Why then is the normal hit-sound completely fine?

I’m not talking about the shooting-sound.

• @HammelGammel:

@lemonater47:

@HammelGammel:

Why then is the normal hit-sound completely fine?

I’m not talking about the shooting-sound.

It’s not that loud. The EQ of your speakers must be wrong if its painful.

• I hate pirates.

• Pirates are great. They’re pretty weak, and the blunderbuss takes a few hits to kill people but personally I think they’re pretty hilarious. If you’re going to hate on a class so early on, pick samurai

• I don’t play pirate, but I love them.
    They are loud.
    They always play in a team.
    They fuck shit up.

I also love to flee from them while bullets are whizzing all around me :D

• I love pirates because their guns drown out the sounds of me killing their teammates silently.

• Crying about Pirate… LOL… tried fighting a Samurai as anything other than a spartan?..

THEY are who is overpowered… Pirate is not OP at all… the blunderbuss takes ages to reload, and they are slowed down GREATLY while they do so…
    It doesn’t do any damage at long distances as its a “shotgun” - Alot more effective at close range

if you get your face blasted off at great range, you are either VERY LOW on health, or the pirate is using the pistol (which is nowhere near as devastating unless you get a direct headshot, which is usually hard due to the fact the pistol has an arc to its bullets, forcing one to aim as if it was a bow)

if the pirate misses he’s shot, he is pretty much a free kill unless you suck horribly… so… all in all… start complaining about samurai and knight and leave pirate alone :(

• @Jaggsaw:

Crying about Pirate… LOL… tried fighting a Samurai as anything other than a spartan?..

I consistently beat Spartans as a ninja.

And yes I hate pirates. Feints too.

• I hate pirates! Shootin everything ;(

• @wyrda78:

@Jaggsaw:

Crying about Pirate… LOL… tried fighting a Samurai as anything other than a spartan?..

any skilled spartan will 2 hit you if you are ninja… only spartans who don’t combine shield “swings” with their spear stabs are easy to kill…

why are you even bringing this up?.. its like comparring apples to pears. i said SAMURAI was hard to beat as ANYTHING OTHER than spartan… not SPARTAN was hard to beat as NINJA… learn to read ffs…

• @wyrda78:

@Jaggsaw:

I consistently beat Ninjas as a Spartan. Stab->shield bash->shield bash->dead.

• Pirates shouldn’t have even been added to this game to begin with as they weren’t warriors but just thieves/thugs. Also the gun is bullshit. Get rid of this game breaking garbage.

• @Slight:

@wyrda78:

@Jaggsaw:

I consistently beat Ninjas as a Spartan. Stab->shield bash->shield bash->dead.

Lol two stabs will do it too. Over arm stab underarm stab combo.

• @El:

I actually really like Pirates, unfortunately. I think they’ve been done so much better in CDW than in PVK2. If they miss, they’re practically a free kill.

If it took longer to reload, you’d have a point.

• At this point I wouldn’t call the Pirates OP

they’re bullshit pussy-assed cock goblers
    but not OP

it’d be nice if their melee was buffed a bit and range nerfed a bit
    at this point the healing booz doesn’t get much use since Pirates are by far the weakest melee class, and getting close enough to hit a pirate will usually mean his death anyway

• @BB:

At this point I wouldn’t call the Pirates OP

they’re bullshit pussy-assed cock goblers
    but not OP

it’d be nice if their melee was buffed a bit and range nerfed a bit
    at this point the healing booz doesn’t get much use since Pirates are by far the weakest melee class, and getting close enough to hit a pirate will usually mean his death anyway

They are quite easy to run down with shields and if you are in a group.

Problem is most of your team are idiots. They will crouch and put their shields up. When you have the option of running up and getting shot at against stating in one place and getting shot at what will you choose. I choose run up as web on your own you can reach the pirates. As a group you are unstoppable.

We had 12 Spartans against 15 pirates in acropolis. We charged forward yelling for Sparta coming under heavy fire. We all had out shields up. We lost 3 ok the charge and pretty much each of them got to fire 3-4 shots at us. We lost 3 men on the charge in. One got headshotted when he changed weapons another does because he took too much fire from stumbling and getting hit in the body. Another died after throwing his dory killing a pirate and was shot while pulling his shield up. We lost another 5 in the melee. I know one got teamkilled and another got shot fighting someone else. I don’t know what happened to the other 3. Throwing a spear before getting into combat meant that many pirates had to start reloading again. Most of us actually threw a spear too which was awesome and unplanned and was actually effective. We luckily fluked the timing so most of them were reloading. It works for Vikings too. Knights and samurai can do it without shields over a shorter distance or against really stupid pirates. Knights its best to use a shield but can also survive without one.

To beat mass pirates you also need to group up and run at them. Best to leave 1-2m gaps between each other though. But if you all run at them as a group you stand more chance of surviving than running away or standing in one place.