Make the Ninja Viable; Buff/Fix Roll

• @Jaggsaw:

stop crying man… this is the “balanced” version of MAA’s dodge ability… aka… something you can actually prevent… something that doesnt let the dick run off laughing he’s ass off as you hopelessly chase him.

i don’t have a count on how many MAA’s who “ported” in my fight, KS’ed my opponent, then ran out of the fight continuesly porting away while “x+2”'ing (laughing hes peasant ass off)

the roll function works just fine as it serves as an escape mechanic for Ninja, but is still preventable with hits (unlike the MAA Loldodge)

what i will say for the sake of the ninja is that they need a third arsenal so they can use either a smokebomb/Metsubushi + shuriken or another secondary (whatever that might be other than the primary weapons)

Nobody liked MAA’s teleporting… and i for one, am glad that both MAA and Vanguard does not exist in the new game… but hey, you can always just stick you Chivalry: Medieval warfare if you wan’t to play lame classes like that… i never played anything but knight as that class did not have any unfair advantedge over the others… (don’t mention high armor - a Zweitard can 2 shot a knight without even hitting the head)

I find it ironic that you tell me to quit “crying” then proceed to start “crying” about the MAA in chivalry. Do you realize they nerfed the MAA’s dodge down to size a while ago and that most people aren’t complaining nearly as much anymore? Your post apart from being hypocritical and inflammatory is also filled with emotion more than logic, so how am I supposed to take your opinion seriously?

Yeah I used to think MAAs were a untouchable in duels and a good one can take some heat, but now I feel like they fit much more nicely in the game. Again, DW != Chivalry; people move a lot faster, the current MAA’s dodge wouldn’t even be as effective nor am I saying make it 1:1. Just make roll better or remove it because right now it’s just a glorified duck.

@fvonb:

@Slight:

Can you put some thought into your responses instead of posting an overused image macro? Thanks.

Here is my thought: You want to play Men-at-Arms with it’s controversial, overpowered and not counter-able game mechanic in Deadliest Warrior. I don’t want that.

You still don’t get it. Probably because you haven’t read the Op let alone the post that you’re actually replying to because you’re too busy digging through your “instant funnies” meme folder to post that image. I’m not going to reply to your posts because you’re not even reading what I type.

Although if you think the MAA dodge is uncounterable, I feel you haven’t played the game enough.

• @Jaggsaw:

stop crying man… this is the “balanced” version of MAA’s dodge ability… aka… something you can actually prevent… something that doesnt let the dick run off laughing he’s ass off as you hopelessly chase him.

i don’t have a count on how many MAA’s who “ported” in my fight, KS’ed my opponent, then ran out of the fight continuesly porting away while “x+2”'ing (laughing hes peasant ass off)

the roll function works just fine as it serves as an escape mechanic for Ninja, but is still preventable with hits (unlike the MAA Loldodge)

what i will say for the sake of the ninja is that they need a third arsenal so they can use either a smokebomb/Metsubushi + shuriken or another secondary (whatever that might be other than the primary weapons)

Nobody liked MAA’s teleporting… and i for one, am glad that both MAA and Vanguard does not exist in the new game… but hey, you can always just stick you Chivalry: Medieval warfare if you wan’t to play lame classes like that… i never played anything but knight as that class did not have any unfair advantedge over the others… (don’t mention high armor - a Zweitard can 2 shot a knight without even hitting the head)

No one is suggesting to make the ninja like the MAA he’s using the MAA simply as an example. The ninjas dodge is almost useless unlike the MAA’s because the speed of all the characters you can just simply facehug the ninja even as they roll away, Making it a useless move. I myself practice the C-dodge, But even this movie is risky because of the huge backswing of the samurais weapons.

I made another thread on this earlier, I also said that the Ninjato the main attacking option for the ninja is a 5 hit kill on knights and 4 hit kill on Samurai the only character you can two hit is the pirate but they can potentially kill you in two hits with their Saber.

This in a way makes them just nerf pirates, They share the same speed. Literally the same armor protection and the ninjas ability isn’t even that good because high definition audio is going to be able to pick up the noise of their footsteps I can clearly hear my own footsteps when I play the ninja, They aren’t loud but I can hear them.

• Here is my tip for you guys: Right mouse button performs a parry. I know that is a weird concept for Men-at-Arms players, but you’ll get used to it. :D

• @fvonb:

Here is my tip for you guys: Right mouse button performs a parry. I know that is a weird concept for Men-at-Arms players, but you’ll get used to it. :D

Gather round kids, this is what it looks like when someone doesn’t have a point to make and has resorted to troll tactics to feel relevant. Don’t be a fvonb, stay in school.

• I’m going to have to disagree with buffing ninja’s rolls. We’ve all seen MAA in duels, and we know what happens when someone can easily dodge away from your attacks. Even in it’s current state MAA presents a huge problem when facing 1:1 unless you have a very fast (probably not fair) weapon cough claymore cough. I don’t see how the ninja’s roll is useless either…I personally have used it in duels and found it to be quite effective. If they lunge you roll back (assuming normal reach wep) if they LMB you dodge right etc etc. It’s an actual high risk high reward maneuver now rather than an instant win button. It’s like playing a matching game, except now it’s match or die :D. To this I say “Thank you TB, you did something right.”

• Ninja is pretty much crap but here is a tip for other players who’re maining maa - try samurai. Great speed, a lot of hp and nice choice of weapons.

• Ninja is crap? What? I’ve been playing Ninja 90% of the time and it seems strong enough to me.

• @fvonb:

Here is my tip for you guys: Right mouse button performs a parry. I know that is a weird concept for Men-at-Arms players, but you’ll get used to it. :D

I use parry a lot, Thanks though. But one of the reasons I hate parrying is because it drains more stamina from your stamina pool leaving you no stamina left to dodge or jump or kick. Becoming tied down and fighting an opponents for more than 5 seconds is too long, It’s literally like walking onto a high speed highway with plenty of traffic and expecting them to be able to avoid every oncoming vehicle, One mess-up and you’re going to get rolled out like a pancake.

Nothing annoys me more than hitting a Samurai 3-4 times with my ninjato and then having my head cut off in 1 hit.

• @Helrin2:

If they lunge you roll back (assuming normal reach wep) if they LMB you dodge right etc etc. It’s an actual high risk high reward maneuver now rather than an instant win button.

I fully agree. People will master ninja, but that will require actual skill now.

• @Helrin2:

I’m going to have to disagree with buffing ninja’s rolls. We’ve all seen MAA in duels, and we know what happens when someone can easily dodge away from your attacks. Even in it’s current state MAA presents a huge problem when facing 1:1 unless you have a very fast (probably not fair) weapon cough claymore cough. I don’t see how the ninja’s roll is useless either…I personally have used it in duels and found it to be quite effective. If they lunge you roll back (assuming normal reach wep) if they LMB you dodge right etc etc. It’s an actual high risk high reward maneuver now rather than an instant win button. It’s like playing a matching game, except now it’s match or die :D. To this I say “Thank you TB, you did something right.”

Everyone trivializes everyone else’s play style. Vanguards dancing around lmb spammers easymode; knights hide behind shields, lmb spam easymode. Maul skillless 1shot weapon easymode. MAAs dodge no skill easymode. Archers OP hide behind teammates zero skill. (btw I like to play all classes because I play this game way too much)

Anyway, fine you don’t want to buff rolls, do you think the ninja is unbalanced? The topic at hand is not just buffing rolls, its making the ninja on par with every other class. I know for a fact that if you’ve played ninja a few times (and please don’t limit your thinking to duels) you feel shadowed by every other class.

Also, you know what else is high risk high reward? Ducking. The best part is you don’t move so when he misses you can stab him in his eyeball instead of being slightly disoriented and in the way of his follow up combo. How is the roll any better than a glorified duck? Are you also considering people move faster in DW and have much more of a chance to get out of the way of a dodge counter attack than in chivalry?

MAA dodge in chivalry is way different than it would be in DW. I’m not even saying we use the MAA dodge.
    @wyrda78:

Ninja is crap? What? I’ve been playing Ninja 90% of the time and it seems strong enough to me.

I like how you act like you’ve never even considered this a possibility or heard anyone even mention it. Nice try. Seems like you play ninja a lot, play another class, be surprised at your 6:1 kd.

@fvonb:

@Helrin2:

If they lunge you roll back (assuming normal reach wep) if they LMB you dodge right etc etc. It’s an actual high risk high reward maneuver now rather than an instant win button.

I fully agree. People will master ninja, but that will require actual skill now.

Translation: Ninja is hard to play because they’re a weak class with no advantages so only really good players will do good with them. Meanwhile that same good player using samurai can take on four guys at once.

• @fvonb:

@Helrin2:

I wish these masochists good luck :)

• @Helrin2:

I’m going to have to disagree with buffing ninja’s rolls. We’ve all seen MAA in duels, and we know what happens when someone can easily dodge away from your attacks. Even in it’s current state MAA presents a huge problem when facing 1:1 unless you have a very fast (probably not fair) weapon cough claymore cough. I don’t see how the ninja’s roll is useless either…I personally have used it in duels and found it to be quite effective. If they lunge you roll back (assuming normal reach wep) if they LMB you dodge right etc etc. It’s an actual high risk high reward maneuver now rather than an instant win button. It’s like playing a matching game, except now it’s match or die :D. To this I say “Thank you TB, you did something right.”

“Assuming normal weapon reach and speed” rolling backwards as they lunge is so retarded, Simply because each class has adequate speed to catch up to the ninja when they roll, So not only would you of just wasted stamina rolling away you’re now going to be committed to parrying after you finish your roll. Want a counter to c-rolling? Simple 3rd person and LMB drag that 2 hander till you hit the silly ninja. Want to add injury to insult? Simple just run up to him after he has finished his silly little roll and kick him to drain some more stamina.

What were they thinking when they made Knight and Samurai as fast as they did, That just escapes me.

• idk ninja is pretty easy in pubs, the only bad thing is getting shot by random guns/arrows and losing all of your health + the nofun metsubushi bombs
    viability in a competitive scrim environment sense, i dunno since i haven’t scrimmed in this game but he might be a worse choice than some of the tankier classes because ranged play is retardedly strong at the moment (and probably the future)

ninja is viable in pubs nonetheless, it just requires a different playstyle- if ninja rewards good players, then i’m fine with that, that’s how all classes should be instead of just point and click adventures

• I certainly think Ninja is fairly gimped in fair team contest. I think he could use some boosts though I’m not sure what exactly, or maybe not.

It sounds awesome to say that the Ninja is the ‘Stealth’ class, but I dont think there are as many opportunities for stealth in this as you would want to think. Especially in a Team Death Match. Opportunity, certainly arise in Duels and Last Team Standing. Anyway, lets see what happens.

Regarding the Ninja roll (Which looks awesome btw) I hope it does not become a damn Man At Arms teleport! :D That would suck several bag of dicks!

• @YarnuTheDog:

I certainly think Ninja is fairly gimped in fair team contest. I think he could use some boosts though I’m not sure what exactly, or maybe not.

It sounds awesome to say that the Ninja is the ‘Stealth’ class, but I dont think there are as many opportunities for stealth in this as you would want to think. Especially in a Team Death Match. Opportunity, certainly arise in Duels and Last Team Standing. Anyway, lets see what happens.

Regarding the Ninja roll (Which looks awesome btw) I hope it does not become a damn Man At Arms teleport! :D That would suck several bag of dicks!

In isle, bamboo forest and valley ninjas can be very sneaky.

Ninja roll is fine but it needs to be a smooth transition between rolling and going back to normal. You sort of stand there for half a second before you can move.

• @YarnuTheDog:

I certainly think Ninja is fairly gimped in fair team contest. I think he could use some boosts though I’m not sure what exactly, or maybe not.

I would remove LTS from that tiny list as well. Every LTS game I’ve played so far has resulted in those half-time HUD markers popping up revealing everyone’s location.

You say the ninja is gimp in team contests, but what about duels? What does a ninja have over a samurai with a short katana? I’ve yet to lose to a ninja duelng btw, but I’ve only spent a couple hours dueling and I don’t really see that many ninja’s dueling.

@lemonater47:

Ninja roll is fine but it needs to be a smooth transition between rolling and going back to normal. You sort of stand there for half a second before you can move.

Yeah this is my biggest issue with it. I’m not sure if it was intended or not, but its the main reason I never use it. I’ve seen much more success just ducking swings.

You folks have to understand I like playing hard classes; I don’t want the ninja to have some significant advantage. I just want them to not be the easily dispatched cannon fodder that they are now. For christs sake the pirate has a SHOTGUN.

• Ninja roll is fine but it needs to be a smooth transition between rolling and going back to normal. You sort of stand there for half a second before you can move.

+1

• @wyrda78:

+1

Useless post. Imagine if everyone posted +1 every time they agreed with a post on this forum.

• @YarnuTheDog:

@Slight:

I would remove LTS from that tiny list as well. Every LTS game I’ve played so far has resulted in those half-time HUD markers popping up revealing everyone’s location.

Yes true enough, that LTS skull marker, bugger forgot about that one. I’ve been gang banged by several Ninjas, but getting ganged by any class pretty much results in your death. I will say, it’s fair share easier to take several Ninjas with you to the afterlife 8-)

@Slight:

You say the ninja is gimp in team contests, but what about duels? What does a ninja have over a samurai with a short katana? I’ve yet to lose to a ninja duelng btw, but I’ve only spent a couple hours dueling and I don’t really see that many ninja’s dueling.

Hmm, I have not dueled much at all my self, I did lose several times to Ninjas. They used some claws, feints, facehugging and rolling behind me as I dumped a Overhead. Also threw in those, concussion grenade things when i was nearing death! Smart Ninja :D

• The shotgun is fine its the pistole thats annoying as it one shots ninja.

But that’s being nerfed to not one shot them.