Make the Ninja Viable; Buff/Fix Roll

• @CRUSHED:

l2p jesus

There’s no jesus class though :l

• fixed

• @CRUSHED:

fixed

Crushed, the man who removed Jesus.

• I’ve been playing the Ninja any chance I get in this game and I personally think that it doesn’t need much buffing, maybe a little more endurance but that’s it. I usually finish the game with a positive K/D ratio and I find it pretty easy to take out an enemy 1v1.

It sounds to me like OP might be using tactics that don’t really fit the Ninja. The point of the Ninja is that he’s a hit-and-run class, you can’t run in and start fighting an army of enemies. You should be running in and ambushing people, then escaping as quickly as possible to recover before running in and assassinating another person. Honestly I don’t even use the roll, I don’t really see a point, the Ninja has one of the fastest running speeds in the game so you can just run out of the way of most strikes and get in a flanking position pretty easily.

Most importantly, Ninjas have to stick together to win, there are no Rambos on the Ninja team. The only time I’ve seen Ninjas get absolutely slaughtered was when they were too split up, in groups of equal size to other opponents they can usually win because they are fast enough to gang up and pick off the enemies one by one. (and yes I’ve found it very easy to team with pubbies)

I will however agree that you need to take the powdered glass rather than a smoke bomb or a second weapon, otherwise you get dragged into trading blows with some shield user too often. If you do find yourself doing this, just run away! Tactful parkour and never looking back will let you escape every time. :)

• Updated the OP for people with learning/reading disabilities. Let me know if its still unclear.

@CRUSHED:

Ninja is good… l2p

also buffing roll without adding something like cftp… go away lol

“Ninja is good now watch as I never play it hurr”.

No seriously, I’d beat you consistently if you played ninja. I’ll play samurai and laugh as you try to get within 3 feet of me.

Also looking through your post history its obvious you’re a shitposter/child.

• Ninjas are fine in my opinion, I’ve seen the roll used to great effect plenty of times.

• They need grenades.

• The main problem for the roll now, is the fact that you can’t roll (side for example) and attack + move, if you do it, you roll and you’re blocked out of reach when you attack, there is simply no control, it’s not smooth, so what’s the point of the roll, it’s like a one button duck for noob who can’t duck, the class is ok if you almost don’t use the roll, you can still do some stuff just by footwork but then what’s the point of using ninja, just go like every idiot, samurai.

(obviously i don’t take shit like shuriken and gas in consideration)

• The ninja is pretty strong IMO. Bostaff is broken atm. If you’re facehug distance it only does blue trace damage. Using the ninjato and stars/lsd bombs is pretty effective. Also using the roll in a circular motion around your opponent rather than straight to the side or back is useful. Because of the split second in which you cannot move after rolling (not sure if it’s going to be fixed) it has to be an aggressive move followed by a throw/kick/attack. People that did play MaA have a lot of adjusting to do but the ninja is great. An even faster MaA with archer health. The roll can’t be buffed without severely disadvantaging all other classes due to the removal of cftp and panic parry. Ninja is fine. Use him well and you’ll be raughing in no time.

• Do people come into this thread, Give rudimentary advice on how to play I class I’ve literally played for 42 hours since the game has been out. I seriously can’t believe people are giving people who actually play the ninjas as a main advice on how to play the class, A lot of people don’t seem to realize that the ninja class is by far the most deficient.

If the only people you can kill with the ninjas is the stragglers who run a little too far from their team and all alone there is severely something wrong with the class, Because any class can go and kill a guy walking all on their own, What makes the ninja unique in that aspect? That they can kill stragglers better? I’ve seen 4 ninjas taken out by one samurai. Didn’t take him a lot either all he had to do was LMB a few times till they were nothing but a bad memory for the samurai.

When was the last time you saw a ninja take out 4 knights at once or 4 samurai more importantly? I’ve been in plenty of times where I’ve been outmatched as a ninja and there were 4 samurai=dead everytime, Hardly ever see a ninja take out 4 samurai though or 4 knights for that matter or 4 of anything. I find it laughable when I see pirates say they’re at a disadvantage in close combat when they can kill a ninja in two hits with their saber, Don’t even try to roll away from a pirate it’s useless their unnatural speed allows them to catch up to the ninja easily so rolling away just makes you an easier target.

• @Footbeard:

The ninja is pretty strong IMO. Bostaff is broken atm. If you’re facehug distance it only does blue trace damage. Using the ninjato and stars/lsd bombs is pretty effective. Also using the roll in a circular motion around your opponent rather than straight to the side or back is useful. Because of the split second in which you cannot move after rolling (not sure if it’s going to be fixed) it has to be an aggressive move followed by a throw/kick/attack. People that did play MaA have a lot of adjusting to do but the ninja is great. An even faster MaA with archer health. The roll can’t be buffed without severely disadvantaging all other classes due to the removal of cftp and panic parry. Ninja is fine. Use him well and you’ll be raughing in no time.

Only used the bo staff a few times, Didn’t like it. The only differences between all the Ninja weapons is speed or reach, damage is either less or the same HTK on all opponents. A lot of people think that dodge is the one thing that made MAA good, No it wasn’t, It was the fact he had more speed than any other class in Chivalry, In DW all classes are a lot faster including Knight, A knight can catch up to a ninja using the chase mechanic which isn’t hard to use.

The Viking can hit faster, harder and with more consistency than the ninja can with his ninjato, Provided the viking uses the norse duel wielding, The spartan has extended reach with their spears making getting close hard and getting away even harder, But if you were to run away they can simply impale and kill the ninja in one hit with their spears if it comes to close combat though the spartan can fall back to their swords and get you locked in an endless combo and shield bash you twice and you’re dead.

Samurais can 1 hit you and Knights take too long and are too hard to kill.

• I wish TBS had a stat tracking page like GTA V where it showed you a breakdown of how you play ect so we could weed out all these bullshitters whose motive I still cannot decipher.

@Footbeard:

An even faster MaA with archer health.

Even faster? Clearly you have not played ninja much if you think they have any sort of movement speed advantage over another class. Nothing like the MAA’s advantage. You’re right about the archer’s health.

@Footbeard:

Also using the roll in a circular motion around your opponent rather than straight to the side or back is useful. Because of the split second in which you cannot move after rolling (not sure if it’s going to be fixed) it has to be an aggressive move followed by a throw/kick/attack.

You act like you can pull this off whenever you want to. Play the ninja, it’s not as easy as you think. Stop talking theory and actually play the class…

@Footbeard:

The roll can’t be buffed without severely disadvantaging all other classes due to the removal of cftp and panic parry.

Incorrect. You can buff the roll in a way that does not allow unfair counter attacks. Also its 100% harder to facehug/maintain proper distance so you wouldn’t even need ctfp even if they implanted the MAA class straight into the game.

There are also several other ways to fix the ninja. Increase swing speed of the ninja sword, increase damage of bostaff, give him an actual speed advantage, give him the ability to see through smoke and increase smoke bomb radius, ect ect. Just use your imagination because this roll stuff is not an advantage at all.

After they nerf LSD bombs, the ninja will have solely his silent footsteps and calm demeanor as their only advantages.

• gah! the ninja doesn’t need to be buffed… the damn roll is fine learn to play the class.

i’m going to just agree with crushed on everything and say L2P, seems to be the resounding thing people need to hear.

• The roll can be useful. But its usually hindered by its clunkiness.

At the moment you have to wait before the animation is finished to do anything. So for half a second you sorta stand there as the last bit of the animation finishes.

They could make it so you can interrupt say the last 0.4 seconds or so of the animation were you can love again. Whatever looks and feels smooth. Too early and it will just look bad.

A good thing about the ninja is the ninjas kick. Its smooth and you an do it while moving foward. Nice job with the kick there.

The bo staff is the weapon I like to use with the ninja. Its good against those heavier classes and has some reach.

I can’t use the claws to save my life yet get raped by them constantly. So I can’t really comment about them much. I haven’t worked them out. They look awesome though.

I find the sickle really good against Spartans for some reason. Its a weapon really good at dealing with shields and you can take them out quite quickly. Though I find its not too great against others.

The sword is probably the easiest to use but it takes forever to kill one of the heavier classes.

Shuriken is awesome and I love the way its implemented. Very useful with backwards rolls as you can queue up a throwing star while rolling so as soon as he finishes he throws one. That’s one of the good things about the roll is that you can queue up an attack beforehand.

The stun/drunk bomb thing is useful. Sad that you are nerfing the whole stun and just making it flinch. Though I suppose you could throw it at someone and just get 3 free hits on them.

Smoke bombs can be useful but its limited by the duration and horizontal spread of the smoke. I have used them to get out of places. Throw a smoke bomb on the ground run away and hear all the projectiles coming your way. And you can actually lose your enemy that way if you are being chased on certain maps. Also useful to throw at pirates. Scary on the receiving end of the smoke as you don’t know what’s gonna come. Then suddenly there’s ten ninja. I also think ninja should carry 3 smoke bombs.

Add grenades. Ninja had small HE fuse grenades with a blast radius of about 2 metres and a lethal shrapnel range of about 10 metres. You could make anyone in a 2 metre radius take blast damage. And then like the blunder buss you can have lots of metal bits of the casing go flying out for about 2 metres. This old grenades could explode into anything from 2 to 20 fragments. Also be cool if you randomised the number of fragments that fly out also in random directions. Simulate a proper 16th century grenade.

Lol Clayton. All hail crushed.

• i think people somehow want the roll to be an maa dodge and it’s not. I thought it was cruddy at first until i learned how and when to use it. i also haven’t found the small amount of time that movement is limited a problem, I really woudn’t care for another maa style dodging ability. Like i’ve said before, it’s also effective as a duck, instead of doing it when someone gets close to you, do it while they’re attacking and instead of needing to move forward after the roll, just throw a counter attack at them. Used properly, it works well.

L2P ninjas.

• All we want Clayton is for the ninja to not have that pause at the end of his roll.

Learn to read.

• you don’t speak for everyone, unfortunately for you.

• @clayton-bigsby:

you don’t speak for everyone, unfortunately for you.

Neither do you, What gives you the authority on the matter like your logic is unflawed and must be 100% truth because you agree with Crushed. Simply pitiful. Lemonater isn’t far from the truth, Simple polishing off the ninja class is just as good as a buff, We never implied we wanted the Ninja roll to be like MAA dodge it was simply insuated by you and everyone else who is too retarded to read.

The only thing ninja needs is to be able to execute the roll faster and get back to combat quicker, That or the adding of backstab damage so there is actually some benefit to play stealthily.

• @SirBlade:

@clayton-bigsby:

you don’t speak for everyone, unfortunately for you.

Neither do you, What gives you the authority on the matter like your logic is unflawed and must be 100% truth because you agree with Crushed. Simply pitiful. Lemonater isn’t far from the truth, Simple polishing off the ninja class is just as good as a buff, We never implied we wanted the Ninja roll to be like MAA dodge it was simply insuated by you and everyone else who is too retarded to read.

The only thing ninja needs is to be able to execute the roll faster and get back to combat quicker, That or the adding of backstab damage so there is actually some benefit to play stealthily.

Exactly. He thinks I’m speaking for everyone. Yet he’s the one telling people to learn to play.

He thinks pirate is OP. Maybe I should just say learn to play each time he complains about pirate being hard to beat.

Clayton people have opinions. There are no right or wrong opinions. Stop bashing everyone who has a different opinion than you.

• you guys are also not the only people posting on this thread, so what i’m saying is that some people believe that it should be that way and i disagree. And no i never said my opinion is the only one that matters, i just expressed it.

also, umadbro’s?

i usually don’t say l2p but i think people need to.

and i don’t need to learn to play pirate, i can just play the pirate and snipe people all day, it’s total easy mode. I’ll make a video or something of how easy it is. My complaints actually have backing because i can back them up with actual gameplay. I’ve seen you play and you’re shit awful. Maybe spend more time in game and less time on the forums mr. almost 4000 posts. I have half that in gameplay hours. Actual playing the game. Every single one of my posts have at least an hour of gameplay to back them up and then some, and i doubt you can say that.

So how about don’t talk about it, be about it.