[NA] 6v6 TO Tournament: The Melee [FINISHED]

• Name: NA 6v6 TO Tournament: The Melee
    Maps: Stoneshill, Darkforest, Hillside, and Battlegrounds (All TO).
    Format/Roster: 6v6 with roster limit of 15. Rosters close day before tournament. If you can’t field 6, then you forfeit but are allowed to use a merc to play the match out for fun (which is why we’re all here). No spectators from the teams in game unless they are immediately subbing in.
    Server: A Chicago server will be provided, but if both teams agree on another server that can be used as long as it matches the server guidelines. Speaking of which…
    Server guidelines: Full Team damage, FP Only, Pause enabled, archer limit of 0, default config for pretty much all the rest.
    Streamers/refs: Would like most matches to be streamed so we can talk about that once we get the date(s) set. Same with refs
    Special Rules: No archers. Limit of 1 firepot MAA.

DATE: 11/8-11/10 Saturday: Group B at 3 PM EST, Group C at 9 PM EST, and Sunday Bracket starting at 9 PM EST
    SIGN-UP DEADLINE: 11/6

This tournament is going to be for FUN. If you feel the format is discriminatory and whatnot, please create a separate post and express your concerns there. This thread is specifically to manage the tournament w/ future participants. Also looking for someone to help organize/manage and stuffs, so if you’re interested in anything like that please post here as well :D

OTHER NOTES: Kendo for side, 50% rule, stoneshill for quarter finals, hillside for semi-finals, and DF for finals. Players over 120 ping who are lagging may be asked by the other team to be subbed out. The refs can ask someone to leave based on excessive glitches, desyncs, or what not as they seem fit.

REVISED MERC RULE TO ENSURE THAT EVERYBODY IS MORE HAPPY: There is a rule to deal with mercs: You can play with them but you would forfeit the match and just play it out for fun. I’m amending that currently to allow the other team to allow the team with a merc to play if they so choose w/o disqualification. I think this is the best middle ground and the amount of mercs used in this tourny really make it a necessary revision.

http://www.twitch.tv/parkrangerdan and http://www.twitch.tv/heightofabsurdity are LIVE!

• I can help manage things.

Weekdays are good for me whenever. Weekends [Including fridays] that I can do are [The Saturday and Suday of the weekend] the 16th and 17th, 30th and 1st.

Edit: Looks like those dates aren’t gona cut it

• Generally have the folks necessary on after 7 or so, any day. Hardwire can field a six man team, give us a date and we’ll be there, we’ll work around you. Also we have a 35 person TS so possible hosting voice hosting for different teams could be available.

• Any weekend is fantastic for us. We’ll have players there regardless of when you have it. And we’ll gladly donate our Chicago server as well.

• Weekend sounds great to us. Maybe early in the night too?

• Team Name ~ Rank 18 and Abused

Team Leader ~ Karasu

Team Roster:
    Desyatski Aleks
    Mystikkal
    Biscuit
    Frumpus
    Spook
    Volks
    Vier Von Kreuz
    Ion
    Dontuhateme
    boucher
    Guts
    Guru
    XaleUdo
    Omega

Tentative for now. And I can get Steam IDs if you reallyyyyyyyyyyyy need me to.

• Team Name: Vanquish

Team Leader: Able

Team Roster:

Knil
    Dougheath
    Russian
    Los
    Pnobio
    Nohbdy
    Ziggy
    HoBoy
    Puffadder
    gB
    DoomyDoom
    Radical Edward
    Icetea
    Cowboy Jow

• Oh ma gawd, TO without archers. Halle-fucking-praise God

• Looks like the duel tournament is going to be the 1-3rd, so perhaps the weekend after that (11/8-11/10)? My question is do you guys prefer:

Less matches per day spread out across multiple days or More matches per day spread out across a longer time period for that day?

An example would be the following 3 options (All Times EST):

Fri Night-Sun

Primarily all on Sat with some of the further matches on Sun

Spread throughout the week from Wed to Sunday

Or any other ideas for stuff other than this? I’m personally leaning toward the first one or third one.

• @HeightofAbsurdity:

Looks like the duel tournament is going to be the 1-3rd, so perhaps the weekend after that (11/8-11/10)? My question is do you guys prefer:

Less matches per day spread out across multiple days or More matches per day spread out across a longer time period for that day?

An example would be the following 3 options (All Times EST):

Fri Night-Sun

Primarily all on Sat with some of the further matches on Sun

Spread throughout the week from Wed to Sunday

Or any other ideas for stuff other than this? I’m personally leaning toward the first one or third one.

Absolutely either the 1st or 3rd one. 3rd one looks especially sexy for us and probably other large clans since we’ll be able to get enough people any day of the week. However, I would speculate that the 1st one would be better for most people. Just my guess.

Regardless, I’m really looking forward to this. I’ll spread the word to other clans and thanks a lot for giving the community these kinds of flexible options.

• Paradox (PDX)

Team Leader: The B34st
    Stinker
    Park Ranger Stan
    Park Ranger Conman
    Int | Kiri
    Naleaus
    Gibbs
    Knorr
    Swaggy
    Dabzilla
    Master Guy
    johnthebaptist
    Flotch
    exitboon
    (some roster spots pending)

• Team Leader - k3||Chicken

Team Name - Fight Club Representatives.
    Somel33tguy
    Slick
    Crispy Beef
    Deadily
    Gryph
    Greedyking
    ThatGuy
    Darklore
    Warrior
    RedHand
    Psyfon
    Taco

• Are only 8 clans allowed to participate?

• @Karasu:

Are only 8 clans allowed to participate?

No. I just didn’t really have an idea of how many would be interested. I’m updating the first post to reflect a sign-up deadline of 11/6 so we’ll see then.

• I would make the sign deadline reasonably soon if possible. The reason is, most clans procrastinate and don’t join to the last minute for whatever reason; probably just because they know they have plenty of time. In my opinion you’re only wasting time giving clans ample time to register. It’s not like it really matters too much, but that’s just what I’ve observed for every tournament that I’ve been a part of. Anyways, thanks a lot for putting this together, this tournament is well overdue.

• Thanks for putting this together… I think the weekend of Nov 8th is great. Personally, I think more matches on less days is good. Also, can you host the multi-clan tourney again? That was awesome! Or even better… a PUG Tourney… where you select x captains who snake draft their teams ;)

Am I giving off the impression I don’t want to play with Tempest? cause that’s really not true lol

• ohh and I hope lg joins this tourney… do you plan on it?

• @parkrangerstan:

I would make the sign deadline reasonably soon if possible. The reason is, most clans procrastinate and don’t join to the last minute for whatever reason; probably just because they know they have plenty of time. In my opinion you’re only wasting time giving clans ample time to register.

That’s something I thought of but figured that the increased administrative difficulty of solidifying a schedule and preparing everything within a shorter timeframe was worth it to give teams as much time as possible. There could be a terrible influx of teams at the last second, but I’ve checked with quite a few clans that don’t want to play because either they only play DW now or they don’t believe in tournies without archers, so I am not expecting an explosive turnout. If there is, that’d still be great (even if it means I probably should’ve taken your suggestion). However, I was initially skeptical that we were even going to get 8.

Also, bye’s will be determined randomly if they are required since there is the first tournament of its type and thus there is no existing metric.
    @k3||Chicken:

Team Leader - k3||Chicken

Team Name - Fight Club Representatives.
    Somel33tguy
    Slick
    Crispy Beef
    Deadily
    Gryph
    greenienator
    TheBigChoppa
    Warriorofechad
    C0DYN3
    PwnDankosity
    Salsaman

I might edit the roster but probably wont.

Awesome to have you guys :D You can add me on steam (I have a couple of the LAB guys on my list) if you have any questions or things you wanna bring up :D

@Mystikkal:

Also, can you host the multi-clan tourney again? That was awesome! Or even better… a PUG Tourney… where you select x captains who snake draft their teams ;)

Both of those sound fun, but I honestly didn’t even plan on hosting this tourny, much less more tournies down the road. DW is going to have an interesting effect on the MW community so it might be that we should cram as much as possible into MW while it is objectively the more competitive game atm. If I can get a dedicated team of partners, I’d be down with maybe organizing Tournvember where the entire month long we have Aleks’ 1v1, then this 6v6, then Karasu’s 8v8, then a captain’s mode 12v12 TO (Where u can only pick a certain amount of folks from your team), taking a break for Thanksgiving weekend ofc. Still, I"m unsure if the scene is large enough to support a tourny schedule that active or (or a tourny format in the case of that last suggestion)

@Mystikkal:

Am I giving off the impression I don’t want to play with Tempest? cause that’s really not true lol

Story behind him adding this sentence

@Mystikkal:

ohh and I hope lg joins this tourney… do you plan on it?

Lg will be entering, tho if you haven’t scrimmed us in a while, most of the old vets play other games now (mLg Guild Wars 2014, Lg Dota 2 TI4), so our roster is gonna be full of fresh, young, ripe, attractive faces (and also Zombo.)

• hahahahahah that picture got me laughing my a$$ off!

• @HeightofAbsurdity:

@Mystikkal:

Also, can you host the multi-clan tourney again? That was awesome! Or even better… a PUG Tourney… where you select x captains who snake draft their teams ;)

If I can get a dedicated team of partners, I’d be down with maybe organizing Tournvember where the entire month long we have Aleks’ 1v1, then this 6v6, then Karasu’s 8v8, then a captain’s mode 12v12 TO

Guess I’ll get to work :P