Observations and Complaints

• Things that I think are complaint worthy. In order from most important to least.
    1. Vikings can’t feint (Idk if this is going to be added in or what but please fix that).
    2. Samurais are a bit too powerful all around. They have a lot of HP and probably more than they should seeing as how their armor isn’t even as good as chainmail. Their weapons are insane the nadacho or however you spell it does crazy damage (also very draggable) and their spears riposte/range/dmg is also insane.
    3. Spartan shield bash is just too quick. After 600hours of Chiv I think it’s fair to say I’m decent at parrying and I block that thing 1/5 of the time.
    4. Spartan’s shields get kicked down much too easily, I think TB had shield kicking perfect in C:MW.
    5. Vikings are short? What? … I mean… really?! Here is how the height order should go: Viking, Knight, Spartan, Samurai/Ninja. *Pirates vary but…I would suggest putting them equal to spartans." Google the height of the people who live their today if you don’t believe me :P.

• i chouldn’t agree more…

also the vikings berserker mode is horribly designed… its needs a big buff.

• @Helrin2:

Things that I think are complaint worthy. In order from most important to least.
    1. Vikings can’t feint (Idk if this is going to be added in or what but please fix that).
    2. Samurais are a bit too powerful all around. They have a lot of HP and probably more than they should seeing as how their armor isn’t even as good as chainmail. Their weapons are insane the nadacho or however you spell it does crazy damage (also very draggable) and their spears riposte/range/dmg is also insane.
    3. Spartan shield bash is just too quick. After 600hours of Chiv I think it’s fair to say I’m decent at parrying and I block that thing 1/5 of the time.

Spot on, I think most people feel this way.

@Helrin2:

4. Spartan’s shields get kicked down much too easily, I think TB had shield kicking perfect in C:MW

Not sure what you’re saying here, how is it any different?

To add to your list:

• Ninjas are fairly gimp with no clear advantages other than drug bombz

• Autobalance needs to be default enabled for most gamemodes

• Maps are too large (TBS plans to remedy this it seems)

• LTS time limits seem too short, maybe due to the large map issue

• More than 3 vote options, why not 6?

• Pirate are a bit too powerful in groups, increase reload time?

• I like pirate and for authenticities sake they should add the pan stage. Technically the gun shouldn’t even work. It could add another 2-3 second of reloading time which is fine.

Autobalance is disabled for the time being. Its broken for a start. It struggles balancing more than 2 team a and when I does balance people it will spawn them as samurai even if they are on the pirates team etc. also its a beta and people want to test all classes. Can’t do that with autobalance. Also here are more pressing matter a than than autobalance. Its a simple enough fix its just take a while to do. Time that can be spent fixing other things.

Also only about half the game is complete and actually in the beta. There’s more game modes and maps to come. And there’s smaller versions of each map.

• @lemonater47:

Autobalance is disabled for the time being. Its broken for a start. It struggles balancing more than 2 team a and when I does balance people it will spawn them as samurai even if they are on the pirates team etc.

It’s broken? Then fix it… What game programmer worth his salt couldn’t make a half decent autobalancing algorithm? I’ve written one a few different times, it’s dead easy. How many seconds would it take to fix the class issue?

@lemonater47:

also its a beta and people want to test all classes. Can’t do that with autobalance.

I’m not talking about autobalancing the class vs class setups. Those gamemodes would have it disabled by default because it would be telling people what class they should play.

@lemonater47:

Also here are more pressing matter a than than autobalance. Its a simple enough fix its just take a while to do. Time that can be spent fixing other things.

Trust me it would take no time at all. Team balance is sort of a big deal.

@lemonater47:

Also only about half the game is complete and actually in the beta. There’s more game modes and maps to come. And there’s smaller versions of each map.

If only half the game is complete then they have no business calling it a beta. That’s what the alpha stage is for. Beta is for the 80% (professionally more like 90-95%) completion mark. Beta is ideally for weeding out bugs, fixing gameplay issues, and getting the balance situated. Indie companies like to fuzz this line though so who knows.

• The voting system is great but it would be even better if a 2 vote system were in place. Set up so that the game type and map were picked separately, to give us that greater diversity while still being able to skip some of the more painful matches (Spartan vs Samurai , Viking vs Knight, etc)

In all seriousness though….what this game needs above all else…sprint needs to work in spectator mode so that when I fly away from the map I can get to those far away places in time. Wow look at that, now all you LTS haters have something to do after you get steamrolled.

I know spawns are broken in multi team games, but it always seems like (and im a big fan of this idea) that the team that won the previous round(s) generally get worse spawns than those who didn’t win / haven’t won so far. That could very well just be in my head, a good idea nonetheless! This could bring a lot of balance for those people who constantly complain about…well everything

• @Slight:

@Helrin2:

Things that I think are complaint worthy. In order from most important to least.

Spot on, I think most people feel this way.

@Helrin2:

4. Spartan’s shields get kicked down much too easily, I think TB had shield kicking perfect in C:MW

Not sure what you’re saying here, how is it any different?

To add to your list:

• Ninjas are fairly gimp with no clear advantages other than drug bombz

• Autobalance needs to be default enabled for most gamemodes

• Maps are too large (TBS plans to remedy this it seems)

• LTS time limits seem too short, maybe due to the large map issue

• More than 3 vote options, why not 6?

• Pirate are a bit too powerful in groups, increase reload time?

All I was saying is that shields are too easily kicked down. Kicks/Feint to kick is going to instantly destroy shield users again. The shield mechs are good besides that though.

• @Slight:

@lemonater47:

Autobalance is disabled for the time being. Its broken for a start. It struggles balancing more than 2 team a and when I does balance people it will spawn them as samurai even if they are on the pirates team etc.

It’s broken? Then fix it… What game programmer worth his salt couldn’t make a half decent autobalancing algorithm? I’ve written one a few different times, it’s dead easy. How many seconds would it take to fix the class issue?

@lemonater47:

also its a beta and people want to test all classes. Can’t do that with autobalance.

I’m not talking about autobalancing the class vs class setups. Those gamemodes would have it disabled by default because it would be telling people what class they should play.

@lemonater47:

Also here are more pressing matter a than than autobalance. Its a simple enough fix its just take a while to do. Time that can be spent fixing other things.

Trust me it would take no time at all. Team balance is sort of a big deal.

@lemonater47:

If only half the game is complete then they have no business calling it a beta. That’s what the alpha stage is for. Beta is for the 80% (professionally more like 90-95%) completion mark. Beta is ideally for weeding out bugs, fixing gameplay issues, and getting the balance situated. Indie companies like to fuzz this line though so who knows.

God damn this is the problem with people. They think they know what a beta and Alpha should be.

Well guess what. There is no rules as to what. Beta should be. No rule book no guidelines nothing feels them how a beta should be and what it should contain. The devs can decide whatever the hell they want to be their beta.

A beat is to test the game you don’t need to extensively test the other 3 game modes. Maybe t ey don want to spoil the whole game to you.

This is a beta. Not full release. It can be in any state they Bloody well feel like.

Maybe those “professionals” do betas like you said because the general public are too stupid to realise what a beta build actually is and can be.

They didn’t have an autobalance until late alpha as it wasn’t needed. It was there for about 2 testing days. Then taken out right before beta. Have you ever written an autobalance for 3-6 teams and teams that can only be one class? I don’t think so. They pretty much used a 2 team autobalance and stuck it in slightly changed. There were far more game breaking bugs they fixed on the beta transitions that were worse.