Ninja Feedback

• My favorite class hands down. Been rocking Ninjutsu and Shuriken all day, baby. However, I think Metsubishi needs to be toned down, Ninjutsu could be a tiny bit faster, and smoke grenades are far too weak to be a secondary…maybe ninja could automatically drop one when under a certain amount of health? Yes…I like that. That roll needs a fixin’ too. After I started playing in 3rd person, the bad hitboxes became way obvious. It’s almost like there’s a small delay between the animation and your boxes. So, you roll but you’re still standing kinda feel…I’m going to stop ranting and play now. Seeya!

shameless self promotion :D
    [twitchtv:2xye31pd]http://www.twitch.tv/mfcitizen/c/3111102[/twitchtv:2xye31pd]

• I agree. Metsubishi should not stun people, and smoke bombs need to be a lot stronger.

• @ Video: I won’t be impressed until you bounce it off a AC130, and then it kills him. Good luck accomplishing that.

• How about a schoolbus? Same thing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj52BX-W_L0#t=00m56s the best worst cod montage ever

• You want to nerf the only thing about the ninja that can’t be considered a downside? It’s sort of hard to see coming, but it’s really the least of your worries in terms of balancing the classes.

I’m with you on fixing the roll. What you’re describing seems to be coming from how little distance the roll covers. I also don’t understand why the roll stops your momentum (recovery after roll?) which is my biggest issue with it.

• Metsubushi stun is being removed.

• @SlyGoat:

Metsubushi stun is being removed.

That’s fine with me, Even if I play as a ninja. I just want to know will we get anything in return? I mean if your only change to ninja is to nerf the Metsubushi and give nothing in return it seems like you’re just throwing sand into our wounds and saying something like “GO FUK URSELF n00b ninja fgt!1!12”

• @SlyGoat:

Oh great man! Remove it instead of shortening it, yeah that sounds right. Hey could you make the ninja weapons a little shorter and slower as well? I think ninjas should only be able to swing once without comboing because ninja are precise and calculated, they wouldn’t need to constantly keep swinging. You should also lower their HP some more considering how silent they are. I mean they can kill me before I even know they’re there!

Also if you could make it so that if all my spartan brothers and I are shouting at the same time the noise causes all ninja’s heads to explode in the area that’d be ideal. They spend most of their lives in total silence so all that fierce roaring would probably be too much for them.

@SirBlade:

@SlyGoat:

That’s fine with me, Even if I play as a ninja. I just want to know will we get anything in return? I mean if your only change to ninja is to nerf the Metsubushi and give nothing in return it seems like you’re just throwing sand into our wounds and saying something like “GO FUK URSELF n00b ninja fgt!1!12”

No man this is a good thing. Out of all the problems with DW’s balance, nerfing the ninja’s one good attribute is certainly top priority. It’s supposed to be a maximum difficulty weak class afterall.

• @Slight:

@SlyGoat:

Oh great man! Remove it instead of shortening it, yeah that sounds right. Hey could you make the ninja weapons a little shorter and slower as well? I think ninjas should only be able to swing once without comboing because ninja are precise and calculated, they wouldn’t need to constantly keep swinging. You should also lower their HP some more considering how silent they are. I mean they can kill me before I even know they’re there!

Also if you could make it so that if all my spartan brothers and I are shouting at the same time the noise causes all ninja’s heads to explode in the area that’d be ideal. They spend most of their lives in total silence so all that fierce roaring would probably be too much for them.

@SirBlade:

@SlyGoat:

No man this is a good thing. Out of all the problems with DW’s balance, nerfing the ninja’s one good attribute is certainly top priority. It’s supposed to be a maximum difficulty weak class afterall.

Hard CC isn’t fun in any game. They should make it blur vision, slow movement speed, and disable the first block. I could argue that we still the best attribute and if TB touches the Shuriken with a nerf I’m out. It does damage and interrupts…what more do you want? Metsubushi is hardly the most OP thing in the game since you have to be in the danger zone to use it…the pirate sniper rifle on the other hand is another story/thread/topic.

• Aw my Metsu is being nerfed? D:

• You can still parry even if stunned, no need to change this imo.

• give us a source confirming that they are nerfing the metsubushi…

that would be the least reasonable move to make… REALLY… as if Ninjas aren’t already limited enough only having 1 gadget except for their primary weapon… if anything they should actually be able to use Metsubushi + Shuriken + Primary weapon to be a true challenge… they are the easiest class to kill next to a pirate reloading he’s blunderbuss at point blank.

• @Jaggsaw:

give us a source confirming that they are nerfing the metsubushi…

viewtopic.php?p=199579#p199579

• I actually like the idea of ninjas having two gadgets! That + better “dodge” + a little more damage would make them pretty viable.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Jaggsaw:

give us a source confirming that they are nerfing the metsubushi…

viewtopic.php?p=199579#p199579

lol fuck me XD

• I think that being able to roll while sprinting would be a good thing, preserving momentum, looking badass, and making it generally more useful and versatile. Longer-ranged throws and melees would be good too. And don’t nerf the metsubishi too much. What would be good it a marker above the heads of LSDed players so you know who to kill.
    The general problem with the ninja is that it’s just too hard to close with the enemy and slice 'em up.

• :(

RIP Eggs… if they don’t stun Sly i think you should give the ninja more of them.

• @clayton-bigsby:

:(

RIP Eggs… if they don’t stun Sly i think you should give the ninja more of them.

Should remove dizziness also.

• lets make them totally useless, don’t let them blind you, stun you, or make you dizzy… just make them so they do nothing but you are being sneaky because you are throwing SOMETHING at them.

lets make arrows and guns bullets do no damage, but just have the aesthetic of shooting things for scary purposes.

• Ninjas are strong, glad the pocket sand is being nerfed

though I would have preferred simply enabling block during the stun instead of just removing the stun altogether
    it was a great way to turn a 1v2 into a 1v1 for a short while