As an experienced C:MW player picking up DW late night…

• … I LOVE this game.

Been reading these forums and seen so many people who either don’t understand beta=buggy or haven’t figured out how to beat a certain class yet. Thought this forum needed a bit of positivity for a change.

I actually think these new classes are more balanced than some of the set ups in C:MW. Tweaking is needed though of course.

Individual class feedback IMO is:

Spartan - Hit box detection seems to be way off. Not played it a lot thought so maybe its just me.
    Viking - Love being able to throw 2 handed weapons at people, hate not being able to pick them back up again. Weapon pick up needs to be made a bit more reliable.
    Ninja - No real problems, seems a pretty balanced class. Hard to catch but very squishy, seems fair.
    Pirate - Love them. Think the blunderbuss is sometimes unreliable even at short range. Dunno if that is bad hit box detection or as designed.
    Knight - The classic. Miss some of the C:MW weapons like the maul or bearded axe but maybe they will come? Do like the mixture of weapons from the other classes like the crossbow.
    Samurai - Very fun class. I think they might be a bit too tanky though.

Anyway just my thoughts. Thought some decent feedback would make a change here instead of “OMFG PIRATES ARE FUCKING OP, THIS GAME IS SHIT!”.

Commence flaming, but I’d prefer you didn’t.

• i agree with your ninja sentiment, i also believe they are the most balanced right now. Not over or under powered, just right. The blunderbuss… i disagree with it being hard to hit anything. Out of like 12-13 shots… it would be hard for me to miss like 2-3 shots out of all of them… i typically don’t miss with that thing. I find it super easy to land shots with, it has such a big spread. I dont know, i complained about them but i mean… i don’t want them to get nerfed to shit… but currently their guns are very powerful… and their melee isn’t bad at all, the cutlass is pretty beast. Samurai seem the strongest currently because of their ability to take some hits and long reaching weapons… they have one of the longest swords, and can also equip a spear which is the setup i typically go with. Spartans are pretty good if used well, but their shield bashes/combos are so hard to block, you kind of get stuck if you get hit once to where the shield comes too fast after to block it anymore… almost like dagger speeds in MW. The spartan seems to be made to fight in groups though, found it pretty effective for one guy to run in shield up and a few others to poke around him… exactly how i think they’re to be used. Vikings aren’t that bad… but the berserker speed get’s pretty insane… if you combo for a bit and speed up, they start to desync really bad. It’s like the claymore does after a few combo swings. Don’t really think they need a nerf or anything i think they’re pretty balanced too, that fucking shield toss is crazy hahaha power FRISBEE! Some issues with picking weapons back up though, i seem to always lose the shield but i’ll see it on the ground, just can’t pick it back up a lot. Knights still very strong class, feel they’re preeeeety balanced so far. I’d like to see some of the other weapons make a return as well, would like a broadsword again. I find it odd they have crossbows now… it’s so odd looking to me seeing a knight with a crossbow.

• @Diggory:

… I LOVE this game.

Spartan - Hit box detection seems to be way off. Not played it a lot thought so maybe its just me.
    Viking - Love being able to throw 2 handed weapons at people, hate not being able to pick them back up again. Weapon pick up needs to be made a bit more reliable.
    Ninja - No real problems, seems a pretty balanced class. Hard to catch but very squishy, seems fair.
    Pirate - Love them. Think the blunderbuss is sometimes unreliable even at short range. Dunno if that is bad hit box detection or as designed.
    Knight - The classic. Miss some of the C:MW weapons like the maul or bearded axe but maybe they will come? Do like the mixture of weapons from the other classes like the crossbow.
    Samurai - Very fun class. I think they might be a bit too tanky though.

Commence flaming, but I’d prefer you didn’t.

I agree with most of this…

Spartan: is not the only guy suffering from hitbox detection, everything seems a bit off atm. what does weird me out is the fact he’s “dory” spear has 100% reach, yet you need to almost facehug to get a nice stab… weird considering this weapon has more reach than even sarissa.

Viking: Yeah it sucks that you can’t pick up your weapons (and shield) after tossing and succesfully hitting, i dunno about the shield… maybe that was intended.
    Their berserker mode needs to be buffed, at the moment its too easily to cancel for the opponent (parry, block or hit the viking 1 time to cancel effect) - also viking can’t feint with 2 hander… which is like… a very bad design for a 2H.

Ninja: Overall pretty balanced with awesome perks like no fall damage and no footstep sound, my only few issues with this class is the fact roll-distance is a tad too short, the fact that late in matches a “skull indicator” gives their position away which is a NO-NO for a stealth class… and the fact they can only use 1 accessory… i feel like Ninja should have a “third” arsenal so he can pick a primary weapon, a metsubushi/smokebomb + Shuriken… more often than not i feel that for a ninja, he doesn’t have that many gadgets…

Pirate: Many people complain about this class because they can’t handle the heat of range… they simply don’t understand how the blunderbuss works; Blunderbuss is a “shotgun” - its pellets spread… you will notice this if you block a shot with a shield… the “green pellets” are spread all around the shield, and one of them might hit you anyway… meaning the further away you are, the more useless the blunderbuss is… this combined with its 5-6 second reload time (which also slows the pirates movement speed by 50%) makes it a very risky weapon to use… because you are forced to go close and pretty much risk your life… and if you miss… GG.

Knight: i pretty much agree with all you said… except i don’t want weapons like the Maul in the new game as it was easily abused by Drags/delays… some people call that skill… but torn banner removing/nerfing drags/delays says otherwise… it was clearly never their intention for the slowest and strongest weapon in the game to be able to make close to instant overheads… its the same concept with the zweihander… way too powerful and has a longreach-instant-stab (or close to)

Samurai: Yeah… this guy needs tweaking… its not a coincedence that every class battle there is always +10 samurais and 1-4 of the other classes present… their damage output is very nice, their speed is very nice… and their armor… wow don’t even get me started on that armor… hitting a samurai 4 times with a 2 hander only to see him stand tough is really disheartening.

i hope you don’t consider this flaming… its just my point of view

• @Jaggsaw:

Haha. That’s not flaming at all. You’re giving good criticism. :)

Flaming would be something along the lines of “This game sucks, Torn Banner sucks, you’re all idiots”, etc.

If there is something you don’t like, then express it but do it in a mature way that is beneficial to both you and the team. Give feedback that they can take in and use, which is what you have done with your post.

• @Keith:

@Jaggsaw:

Haha. That’s not flaming at all. You’re giving good criticism. :)

Flaming would be something along the lines of “This game sucks, Torn Banner sucks, you’re all idiots”, etc.

If there is something you don’t like, then express it but do it in a mature way that is beneficial to both you and the team. Give feedback that they can take in and use, which is what you have done with your post.

UUUUUUuhhh a moderator :D

Thanks!! i hope you guys will take some of my points into consideration in your upcoming updates of the Deadliest Warrior expansion :)

Cheers!

• No flaming here so far, looks like good feedback IMO. :)

• I pretty much agree with everything jaggsaw mentioned.

@OP Vikings got a bearded axe and a maul like weapon so they’re still in game (:

Other than that shields seem OP, just yesterday I managed to defend against 6 samurais while being a single spartan for about 20-30 seconds before my team even got close to where I was. There’s basically no daze and the kick is useless.
    And then there’s blockflight+riposte. I can more or less never land a riposte if I play ninja/pirate and sometimes not if I play spartan/samurai, the reason is because when I block I get knocked back a mile away from the target meaning if I try to riposte I’ll miss and leave myself open.

The hitdetection seems to be a little wonky for the moment, but other than that I enjoy the game it’s a new experience, I hate lts and FFA though (and I always will) but TDM is awesome. I believe with some autobalance the game would be a bag of fun. And as other people mentioned TO is always something people want. That Viking vs knight map could be turned into a neat TO map with vikings attacking for example (;

• Its entirely possible to miss a stationary target at 8 metres with the blunderbuss. Its as hittin with massive spread. I’ve done in in the alpha against a stationary bot.

Though usually one of those things that are fired out of if hit something. It can deal as little as 3 damage each against a knight with a shield.

Those green pellets are actually a smashed rum bottle. Metal spikes and forks are also fired but not as common.

What people don’t know is that pirates aren’t that great at a distance. What you can do against the blunderbuss 1v1 put yourself at a distance so if he fires you can run up and get him. You have to take the shot but you probably won’t die. It also takes about 300ms to Actually properly fire and another 30-50ms for the bullets to reach you so you can act when you see the flash. Then run him down.

Also to defeat a large group of pirates you need a team that aren’t cowards. Rushing them head on screaming works. If your team comes with you. Unless your team is made up of ninja then most of to Will die before you reach them. But as a spartan I’ve taken 5-8 hits and Reached them solo and get killed in melee. Samurai is tanks enough to do it too without shields. Knight is the best for it.

People say pirates are anti fun . But I love running forward in a team of spartan screaming for apart as me and my team are coming under heavy fire from the pirates. We lose about 3 men but we kill them all.

• @Xylvion:

I pretty much agree with everything jaggsaw mentioned.

@OP Vikings got a bearded axe and a maul like weapon so they’re still in game (:

Other than that shields seem OP, just yesterday I managed to defend against 6 samurais while being a single spartan for about 20-30 seconds before my team even got close to where I was. There’s basically no daze and the kick is useless.
    And then there’s blockflight+riposte. I can more or less never land a riposte if I play ninja/pirate and sometimes not if I play spartan/samurai, the reason is because when I block I get knocked back a mile away from the target meaning if I try to riposte I’ll miss and leave myself open.

The hitdetection seems to be a little wonky for the moment, but other than that I enjoy the game it’s a new experience, I hate lts and FFA though (and I always will) but TDM is awesome. I believe with some autobalance the game would be a bag of fun. And as other people mentioned TO is always something people want. That Viking vs knight map could be turned into a neat TO map with vikings attacking for example (;

What do you mean when you say “riposte” ?.. i have seen people use this term for a while now, i just haven’t figured out what they actually mean by “riposte”

also… for your info… atm the Knight VS. Viking map pretty much resembles this video, with the Dog being the Knight and “mickey” being the viking… i admit to have spammed this video a few times on this forum… but its simply so good and comparrable to Knight vs. Viking mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY-OZhFTz7I

Knights do NOT like Squeeky Toys…

• @Jaggsaw:

@Xylvion:

What do you mean when you say “riposte” ?.. i have seen people use this term for a while now, i just haven’t figured out what they actually mean by “riposte”

also… for your info… atm the Knight VS. Viking map pretty much resembles this video, with the Dog being the Knight and “mickey” being the viking… i admit to have spammed this video a few times on this forum… but its simply so good and comparrable to Knight vs. Viking mode

You don’t know what a riposte is???

May I ask when you bought C:MW?

Do you know what a counter attack is?

• @lemonater47:

Those green pellets are actually a smashed rum bottle. Metal spikes and forks are also fired but not as common.

Ohhh thanks for the info :D i always wondered why the hell the pellets were green XD

i haven’t a fork stuck in my face yet though… XD

• @lemonater47:

@Jaggsaw:

@Xylvion:

You don’t know what a riposte is???

May I ask when you bought C:MW?

Do you know what a counter attack is?

Yes i know what a counter attack is… but most people use that specific term… not “riposte” which is why im asking… SORRY FOR NOT BEING BRITISH…

• riposte: When you block an attack you can start an attack afterwards like a combo, meaning your attack will be at combospeed right after you blocked, your riposte (counter-attack if you would like to call it that instead) should be faster than any attack the enemy manages to pull off.

@Wikipedia:

In fencing, the riposte (French for “retort”) is an offensive action with the intent of hitting one’s opponent, made by the fencer who has just parried an attack.

• @Xylvion:

riposte: When you block an attack you can start an attack afterwards like a combo, meaning your attack will be at combospeed right after you blocked, your riposte (counter-attack if you would like to call it that instead) should be faster than any attack the enemy manages to pull off.

@Wikipedia:

In fencing, the riposte (French for “retort”) is an offensive action with the intent of hitting one’s opponent, made by the fencer who has just parried an attack.

i knew that… i was just confused as to why people use the term riposte… i know that you will swing a bit faster upon parry-counter-attacking… i played C:MW since its release… i had a long break from it some time ago as DOTA2 caught my interrest… but that game is polluted by russians in the Western Europe servers… they are simply everywhere… even americans suffer their laggy gaming, noobiness and their unwillingness to speak english in an ENGLISH SPEAKING LANGUAGE REGION… oftenly shouting russian swearwords like “cyka cyka cyka Boshti Boshti” (or something like that) and then proceeding to report whoever pissed them off for whatever reason… even if you ask them politely to NOT join english servers if they don’t intend on speaking english, they will most likely (again) shout swearwords at you and report you for communication abuse (gets chat ban for a week lolololol)

so yeah… i have come back to chivalry until Dota2 developers get their shit straight and make some location locks… i.e SEAL THE RUSSIANS INSIDE THE RUSSIAN SERVERS SO THEY CAN ALL NOOB OUT TOGETHER AND NOT RUIN THE GAME FOR THE REST OF US!!..

sry i got offtrack ALOT there… but its a really frustrating fact… a great game ruined because of russians… again…

• Riposte just simply means counter-attack. There is no problem in not knowing that, ignore the previous troll.

• Also, Riposte is a French word. Not being a dick, just letting you know. :)

• Personally, after playing this game since last night, I think the combat feels alot jerkier and clunkier than the combat in Medieval Warfare. Hoping it get’s better come release, otherwise I guess I’ll just go back to Medieval Warfare or something.