Announcer for Double/Triple Kills

• hi

i would like to know if u plan to implement announcers for killsreaks, if u are alone in LTS and kill 3 or more of the enemy team (dark horse) and such things.

and another thing, i dont see a difference between kickstarter helmets and default ones.
    arent the kickstarter helmets inplemented yet?

• Developer

OUr main focus was the flagship TO gamemode, which we wanted to keep immersive. But I could see how that could be fun on LTS/FFA. I’ll look into it post release.

• I think that your character should shout the announcement instead of a disembodied voice like most games. It would make more sense, and you could also hear it when other players get a double kill too. It could be something like “haha that’s two of you b*****rds dead!” when you score a double kill and so forth

• Kickstarter helmets are in. They’re exclusive to people who pledged $150 or more, though. You can select the helmet but you won’t be able to use it unless you have a special key - being able to select helmets you don’t have is going to be fixed eventually.

• @TheCheekyTree:

I think that your character should shout the announcement instead of a disembodied voice like most games. It would make more sense, and you could also hear it when other players get a double kill too. It could be something like “haha that’s two of you b*****rds dead!” when you score a double kill and so forth

I love that idea. And it could also make a difference between Agatha and Mason. Agatha would be more like “Two slain in the name of the king!!!” And Mason would be more like you just wrote ^^

• Developer

Cheeky, that is a great idea. Hard to pull off with our ragtag band of actors, but not impossible. Love the idea mate, it would fit in TO even. I think by a little after thanksgiving I could have that in and will likely go for it. Thanks for the feedback guys!

• Wow, Loin is such a badass.

• @sir_loin:

Cheeky, that is a great idea. Hard to pull off with our ragtag band of actors, but not impossible. Love the idea mate, it would fit in TO even. I think by a little after thanksgiving I could have that in and will likely go for it. Thanks for the feedback guys!

I suppose differentiate the way those killstreaks are said between Agatha and Mason Order like I said would also be what you’re going for? Since most of the warcries already have a difference between them, it would be badass to have that on the “celebration” for a double/triple kill :D

• List all the voice texts !

• wow very cool to watch this thread. i made a suggestion, another guy improved it and you devs say u will likely implement it. i really feel that i have contributed something to the game, its a great feeling and i really like how you react to feedback from the community.

• Another idea, not sure if it’s already implemented now but in the arena level you could have the crowd go wild when a player gets a certain number of kills like that.

I really like the earlier suggestion of your own player jeering the enemy after multi-kills too

• @RMGadelha:

@TheCheekyTree:

I think that your character should shout the announcement instead of a disembodied voice like most games. It would make more sense, and you could also hear it when other players get a double kill too. It could be something like “haha that’s two of you b*****rds dead!” when you score a double kill and so forth

I love that idea. And it could also make a difference between Agatha and Mason. Agatha would be more like “Two slain in the name of the king!!!” And Mason would be more like you just wrote ^^

LOVE this idea, must be implemented :D should start a poll imo :P

• there should be a lot of voices like this like when you decapitate someone, mason could shout something like “off with the head” :D, or when you take of your enemy’s helmet and so on :D

• @Zedard:

there should be a lot of voices like this like when you decapitate someone, mason could shout something like “off with the head” :D, or when you take of your enemy’s helmet and so on :D

Take off that tin-can and show me yer face you bastard! (Mason) xD

• @sir_loin:

I’m confident that you and the actors will do a stellar job, I’m looking forward to hearing it in action! I would help you out if I could but my music studio is for producing and isn’t really built for recording at all. It’s also a shame that I didn’t get in quick enough for the beta because I reckon that there would be a lot more feedback where that came from!

• @TheCheekyTree:

^ This. Most innovative idea ever! ^

Also, why did the ragtag band of voice actors pronounce trebuchet ‘treb-oo-shet’? I always thought it was 'treb-oo-shay?!

• Hmm… I’m not too fond of the idea in general. Thera are a lot ways to say and shout different things and I like the fact that these are the only voices in this game. I like to be in control of what my guy is saying/screaming and when. That makes it even cooler when somebody actually laughs about you or screams profanitys at you - because you know there is some guy sitting at a computer somewhere in the world who is trying to annoy you. Then you can go and start to fight with him. That makes it fun. When saying or screaming stuff gets automated it doesn’t matter anymore and has no meaning.
    I also don’t need a moderator in a medieval battle…

• @Viper:

^ This. Most innovative idea ever! ^

Also, why did the ragtag band of voice actors pronounce trebuchet ‘treb-oo-shet’? I always thought it was 'treb-oo-shay?!

I pronounce it the same way I think, “treb-you-shay”. I also noticed that the rag-tag band of voice actors’ real accents break out quite often, I can tell that those are faked english accents haha (not that I mind however). It’s better than going all-out american/canadian since that’s an immersion killer… like that dwarf in Dragon Age. I’m going to look like such an idiot if I’m wrong lol

• I had to laugh at that one too, it should be tre-buh-chay instead of tre-boo-chet.

• Developer

Actually it seems the pronunciation is an ongoing battle. Currently on Webster online, its Tre-bu-SHET. Roy Dotrice says it both ways in game of thrones audio books.